Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 LastLast
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ki11er View Post
    *Requests for theme*

Nights- I've been using your blue theme since I first installed preware (let's just say a while ago). The one thing that I found extremely dissapointing is the dialer. I liked the old one with the blue numbers. I was hoping in your new update that the dialer I love so much was back...but it is still this grey letter dialer. Please change all the gray to dark blue like it was before. It looked so much better that way. Also, I don't really like the email backround being black, even though I'm sure some people like it and it saves on much needed battery life. Please give an option for a white or black email backround if possible. If you just want leave it black, at least change the bars on the top and bottom of the email app to blue instead of grey, cuz it just looks ugly since this new update.

One more thing. I was wondering if you could make patches too...because there are some pretty important things that I think NEED to be changed in WebOS and I am willing to pay for patches to be made. Thanks.

If you change the dialer and do something about the email, I'll donate.

Regarding the dialer: Nights has stated a few times that Palm made changes and the dialer numbers aren't simply images anymore. He also noted that for the time being it will remain as is, with white numbers.

Regarding the email app: Sounds like you might not have gotten the theme installed cleanly/completely. The email app background isn't flat black, it's textured and toned. The main screen category text is blue, email account names are blue, favorite'd folder names are white.
    Last edited by DrSuSE; 04/12/2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Spelling is good.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lem855 View Post
    Hello,
    I love the look of this theme I have tried to load the original blue theme from the quick intall link and when I get to the themer page it says "sorry themer is currently disable until a new themeing specification is put into place".

Am I doing somthing wrong as I have clicked on the download link and the file ask for me to save it or open it and then I also get lost as to where to save it to and or open the zip file.
    Need deperate help please! I have loaded other homebrew apps as well so I don't know as to why this is happening?

Thanks in adance for your help and assistance
    Until Jason releases an update that has the themer re-enabled, you have to use webOSQuickInstall 2.96 which Nights has linked to a post not long ago if you look back.
    While it's not a lot, I donated a few bucks this morning. Your work deserves it.
  4.    #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    While it's not a lot, I donated a few bucks this morning. Your work deserves it.
    Thanks! It is always appreciated, and I am really glad you are enjoying my theme. Hopefully we can see a new release of WebOS QI soon, so we don't have to have these workarounds.

Thanks again!
    I just donated a bit as well. I would love to give more, when some of the issues are resolved.

As I said, I was not able to install via WOSQI, only by removing a file, and a directory, then installing from the prethemer feed, via preware..

Its a gorgeous and elegant theme to look at, I look fowrad to updates of WOSQI as well as this theme...

Thanks
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Well OK then!

I FINALLY have TOTAL satisfaction with theme that is really in a league of its own as far as any of the hundreds of themes out there. The work and effort that Nights has put into it, and how deep it goes, to carry the theme colors and effects into so many levels of the Pre, is just soo gorgeous and to be highly commended.

I did have a LOT and I mean LOT LOT of issues getting to this point, but none really were the fault of the designer, just the changes and limitations of the OS, and the various ways themes are installed, and just the nature of some of this stuff in general.

But I have to say, with today, with the totally appreciated, and much commited help of Nights, via PMs, I was able to work out all the issues, and have all the icons, apps, no errors and a beautiful blue theme on my phone.

What , in the end was the ultimate fix, was to go into WOSQI, Tools, Device mangagment (I had to use WOSQI 2.9 for this) and look at patches, and it saw a patch called Original Blue Theme. I removed that patch. Apparantly there some issue with some files that get stuck during a preware/prethemer installation.

Once that went thru, and the luna reset, and I saw the phone back to the default theme, I went back to WOSQI and loaded up the zip file for the theme and for the FIRST TIME EVER, it did not hang , or error, just took maye 4 minutes, then the phone reset, and I have a fully working Original Blue Theme!

If anyone is interested, let me know and I can post screen shots of all the beautiful features of this theme,

Again BIG thanks to Nights, for answering EVERY single PM, and addressing the issues, and getting me to the point of everything good with this.

NOW I can go focus on silly stuff, like work, family, my dogs..

Thanks again Nights!! Another $$ hit, on the way!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Absolutely adore this theme, but I'm not particularly fond of how the changes made to the Messaging App.. Compared to everything else this theme changes I didn't feel as though it was as asthetically pleasing.. That said, this is still hands down the best theme out.. Thanks so much for your hardwork Nights!
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BozackJenkins View Post
    Absolutely adore this theme, but I'm not particularly fond of how the changes made to the Messaging App.. Compared to everything else this theme changes I didn't feel as though it was as asthetically pleasing.. That said, this is still hands down the best theme out.. Thanks so much for your hardwork Nights!
    For the sake of confirming whether or not your opinion is based on the right result, your messaging app looks like the one in night's screenshot right?

Link to hist post: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post2139018

If so... gotcha, certainly to each their own. If that's not what you see, perhaps something went wrong during install.
    Thats a very good point , DrSuse. If this theme was not fully installed, as we have seen times from both the precentral and the prethemer feeds, there are some unwanted behaviours in some of the apps, the messaging being one of them.

THIS is what a properly installed Original Blue Theme Messaging session should look like:

I Pre

No, mine certainly doesn't look like that.. The caption bubbles are the same, but I have a white background with black font.. I suppose when I have some free time, I'll try to properly reinstall this theme..
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BozackJenkins View Post
    No, mine certainly doesn't look like that.. The caption bubbles are the same, but I have a white background with black font.. I suppose when I have some free time, I'll try to properly reinstall this theme..
    That's what I was afraid of. I am confident you'll be able to get it resolved, though. The background and font are handled by the scrim patch included in the theme. May want to consider whether or not you have anything that may conflict prior to messing around too much.

Good luck, post back here if we can help or if you get it worked out.
    As Nights has mentioned, the only way at this point to guaranty a correct install of this very lovely, but involved theme is to install it via WebOS Quick INstall, version 2.9

If you get errors, try going into Device management on WebOS Quick INstall, and remove the Original Blue Theme Patch, then after a luna reset, try installing via WebOS Quick INstall again.

Thats the ONLY way it worked for me, after NUMEROUS tries on Sunday.

I Pre

Request to Nights:

Could you possibly in the near future have the "battery icon as percent" patch made into the number being blue all the time, and red when getting low? That way it matches :-)
    WebOS Quick Install 2.96 + Precentral feed = success
    Last edited by BozackJenkins; 04/13/2010 at 03:40 PM.
    OK, for you guys that have figured out how to get it installed. Here is where I am at:

I Dr'd my Pre down to 1.2.1 (Full erase.)
    Updated to 1.4.1.1

Used WQI to install Preware.

Tried to use Preware to install both the precentral and the prethemer versions. Neither worked (did an uninstall and reboot between them.)

Tried using WQI 2.9. Downloaded the zip file from Precentral.

Originally I was getting an error about unable to create a theme.xml file. The directory it was trying to access was not there. I used putty to create the directory. re-tried to install and got further. I then started getting this error:

an error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

/tmp/scriptFile.sh line1 1: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: File not Found

so, I used putty once again to create the .../usr/bin/patch directory. Now I am getting this error:

an error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

/tmp/scriptFile.sh line1 1: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: Permission denied

The theme looks to be most of the way installed, the top bar is not blue, and the scrims for the messaging app and contact app are not installed.

Any ideas? on a freshly Dr'ed phone I would have expected this to be easier.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    fizban,

Prior to any theme related conversation/advice, you're creating directories in place of command files... which isn't going to work. :-P Like, if it wants to run patch and cannot, you can't just create a patch directory.

My guess is that, based on your doctoring, you are lacking some of the requirements to install patches. You should explore that stuff before you start messing with any themes that include patches. I would definitely get rid of any directories you are manually creating.
    Thanks for the quick response.

I have all ready removed the folders I created, except for the webos-quick-install folder where webos places the theme.xml file.

What is required in order to install the patches without errors, shouldn't this be listed as a pre-req for installing the theme? -In other words, from a fresh out of the box Pre, using WebOS Quick Installer, what all do I need to install in order to have this theme running completely?

(Besides the obvious, download Quick Install, make sure phone is in Dev Mode. but from there out, what is needed?)
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Well, GNU Patch for one... as you already noticed. Diffstat/Lsdiff, etc.

No they shouldn't necessarily be listed as pre-reqs, it's not specific to this theme, it's specific to patching. The only things that should be listed are whatever nights wants to list. I think most people presume (rightfully so, imo) that most people who are doing unofficial and unsupported things are going to do some research about it on the forums. Obviously not true 100% of the time... but more often than not I hope it is.

Anyway... good luck.
    Thanks... I tried doing the research.

I dug through the forums for two days before posting the question in here. I have been using Preware and patching since I got my Pre last year. This however; was the first theme I have installed that comes with patches. And Preware does not list GNUPatch or lsdiff as pre-req's on it when you install the theme via Preware. No where in any of the forums here or on Prethemer that I dug through could I find (I did search, but didn't find) where it was said what was used for the patches.

So, yes, after a fresh Dr and not having installed any patches yet WebOS Quick Install was failing to install the patches.

After installing GNU Patch and lsdiff via Preware this theme installed perfectly.

It looks great! many thanks to Nights, DrSuse and 2sslow.

After a fresh Dr I had to manually create a folder:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install

and then install GNU Patch and lsdiff
    Last edited by fizban_tx; 04/13/2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: updated - theme now installed...
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Don't forget GNU Patch!