Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    I just installed, also via Preware and have some of the same issues

1. top bar text is white
    2. messaging text is black
    3. contacts background not changed
    4. did not get back pretty boot screens, its back to boring white palm boot screens

I tried to do a secondary install of this via WOSQI as someone suggested, but when I tap themes, it give me a message , something about its disabled until something is changed.. I forgot to take note.

I just removed the theme, and will try via WOSQI

NOPE cant add theme via WOSQI, the message I am getting is;

sorry, themeing is currently disabled until the new themeing specification is put in place

So what am I missing here?

GRRRR IM getting annoyed and frustrated here..

Now I removed the theme, then tried to re install from the prethemer feed instead, and it took forever, then broke to an error, something about not being able to install, as a theme was already installed?? Umm Nooooo, I removed it.. does not preware and prethemer feeds "talk" to each other.

Very frustrating..feeling like I should have left well enough alone, and just enjoyed my theme as it was..

Edit Update** Well apparantly Im scrrewwed . now I cant even get that theme back from the precentral feed. It went thru the process, had me tap OK, then was configuring,etc.. then the whole damn phone went black.. but not black like OFF, just black like nothing on the screen. I had to pull the battery, now its rebooting,

Wahhhhh I miss the pretty boot screen, I miss my blue theme..

Anyone have pity and care to help me????
    Last edited by dianehelen; 04/10/2010 at 05:16 PM.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

great theme nights!! I started using this theme when you first released it and in my opinion, your themes are the best quality against anyone elses. I tested some other themes that looked pretty cool, and granted, some are, but most should just upload wallpapers, since thats really what most of them are, copies of other themes with a new wallpaper.

keep up the good work!!
    I don't know which one I installed first, but I did get it to work and be complete with the two running. Hmm...oh and Webos QI doesn't do themes until the next update...sucks...everything is Preware for now. I think I did the PreThemer one first, not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    I don't know which one I installed first, but I did get it to work and be complete with the two running. Hmm...oh and Webos QI doesn't do themes until the next update...sucks...everything is Preware for now. I think I did the PreThemer one first, not sure.
    So, here is where I am now..

I had the precentral one on, removed it, tried the prethemer one, got the errors

Went back, no theme on, back to preware, precentral feed, sorta installed, had the blank screen issue, but when rebooted blue theme is back , but only partially ????

tried again to do prethemer feed, got error again

Any other suggestions..

oh and btw, thanks for your help..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Hmmm sounds like you have some residual files lying somewhere, neither gave me an error. If you hook your phone up to the comp and run WebOS QI and go to theme, you can "revert to default" from there, then try again via Preware.
    ahh oh ya? WOSQI WILL do a total clean revert?

Hmm ok lemme try that

and IF I can do that, should I try the prethemer feed first ya think?

OK the "revert" is doing someting.. I do see the default wallpaper back, but how long does the whole revert take. its been on the screen telling me to be patient for about 5 minutes now..

**update. well it never came out of that wait mode, on WOSQi so I just unplugged it and the pre seems like it is back to default theme.. preware does not see a theme on there , so once again Im trying the prethemer feed, it has already had me tap OK, but now seems once again to be taking way too long for it to be downloading/configuring/installing, correctly..

Im gonna let this round finish, then go do somehting else for a while... Im annoyed ...
    Last edited by dianehelen; 04/10/2010 at 06:05 PM.

I Pre

OK here is my last reply on this matter, until we hear from Nights, as to whats going on.

Again, I had NO luck at all , under any scenario getting this theme to load from the prethemer feed. It errored whether I had the precentral feed installed, or even after a clean revert from WOSQI.

I was however able to get back to the almost ok, version from Precentral. Now at least I have the nice icons back .

But here is what is missing:

top bar still white text
    messaging app black text
    boot logo, stock (booo, this really bothers me)
    USB screen , stock picture, not pretty blue one that non updated theme had
    contacts background plain white
    lock screen, lock is yellow (was blue before update)

What I do like, is NO MORE hideous green in dialer, yay for that.
    an I like the launcher sans blue bar.

I hope you can resolve the discrepancies and get this update to work completely..
    Last edited by dianehelen; 04/10/2010 at 09:49 PM.

I Pre

8.    #448  
    I'll look into the problems you guys are having. Theming in general is kinda a mess right now, as there are many different methods to install, each one works differently, and because I have so many files that are changed compared to other themes, at this point it is almost impossible to keep them all working the same. Each method has it's ups and downs, but it would make things so much easier if there was one universal way of doing it.

The best way right now to install the theme is through WebOS QI v2.9, which still supports theming. I have been using 2.9 for so long, I forgot that the newer versions don't support theming at this point, so I have attached it below for you to use. That way you can at least enjoy this theme to it's full extent while we wait for the next version of QI to be released. I know it's a lame workaround, but there's a lot that is out of my hands right now, and I am trying to make the best of the situation.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ok, trying this now.

How long should it take WOSQI 2.9, as you have provided, to accomplish this?

It started at 8:13am and Im about 3 minutes into it, still saying, please wait....

OK, gave it 15 minutes, I doubt it takes that long. Ended task, it had stopped responding..

Tried again, same response..So THATS not gonna work for me either..

Is there any way to execute this from command line? If I get the zip file onto the pre, is there just a simple script that can exand the zip file, and put all the files where they belong. I can navigate my way around the OS well enough if I knew where to put things and what to execute with.

Thanks for trying, it HAS to work eventually , doesnt it?
    Last edited by dianehelen; 04/11/2010 at 07:30 AM.

I Pre

Worked for me, there's gotta be a way. One thing I'd certainly change immediately is the updating settings for WebOS QI 2.9, it's gonna try to update itself to the latest one right away I'm betting, I forgot if it prompts you or not...
    Hmmm do you think, by trying to update, is what is hanging it up, and not completing either the revert, OR the install theme?

Cant find anywhere ON WOSQI where it has a setting to check for update??

I Pre

OK, so are y'all getting sick of me , sorry if so..

So I have been thru every variation possible and always get NOWHERE other than doing the theme install via Preware/Precentral feed. But sadly doing it that way, its missing key elements of the theme

WOSQI always stalls, and I have to end task.

Intalling from Prethemer always errors at the post install script part.

Here is the IPK Log, screen cap, pasted together so it makes sense..

My question of the morning is..

since it seems to have a problem creating the directory, because it thinks it exists, does anyone feel it would help or cause more havoc, if I just went in and deleted this directory manually?

then what about the error saying it cant open prethemer.txt because it does not exist? IF I force it to be there, same question

lastly, what about the unknown operand ?

I would SO love to get this lovley theme in all its glory working again on my phone so I can move on, and go about my life without this little annoyance gnawing away at me, preoccupying my time, ruining my marriage, makeing my dogs mad at me for not playing with them enough,. and a host of other things this is interfering with
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dianehelen; 04/11/2010 at 12:00 PM.

I Pre

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I love your new updated Original Blue Theme. I use Preware to update my old version. I am having a hard time determining an unread email message. An unread email has the sender email address line highlighted (Bold) but since it is white, it does not show up well. Could the highlighted from address of unread messages in bold light blue to make them stand out? A donation has been sent for your hard work.
    DianeHelen-

Here's what I'm going to recommend, now...with what you have going (left over files) things are already problematic. I can tell you just now I did the switch to how Nights said to do it, Webos QI 2.9 and installing his theme from the first page. Worked like a charm, after some work.

First off, my having the two themes installed together (Prethemer and Precentral feeds), caused some uninstall issues. Both uninstalled via Preware...but when I rebooted, the top bar was still blue, etc. I installed the Prethemer feed version, rebooted, then uninstalled and it cleared the phone of all files (Did this all from Preware, I suggest you follow)

Used WebOS QI 2.9 as supplied, selected the Zip, hit install. Please note like it says, it takes a few minutes, and it does mean quite a few.
    ChilinMichael ,

That all sounds well and good. But there are 2 issues, which makes your experience different from mine.

Yours seems to allow you to get thru the Prethemer version without error, I have not been able to accomplish this ever

and

You have been able to get WOSQI to install a theme, When you say quite a few minutes what are we talking 5? 10? 30? I have left it as long as 30 minutes and it just hangs.

When I DO, it via WOSQI, I see the wallpaper change right away, after that NOTHING happens, and my PRE is fully operational, but the WOSQUI wait screen stays indefinitely..

The only thing I can do, is uninstall the theme from preware, as I never as able to get it installed from the prethemer feed.

I guess I could try again, but how many times do I try, and get the same results , before accepting its not gonna work..

How many minutes would you say to Please Wait, from WOSQI?

Thanks again for trying to help me tho.. , I do appreciate it. I guess Nights is away or busy today...

I Pre

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    yay me!!

Ok, so I FINALLY have the WHOLE theme on my phone!

What I did, was follow my own intuiton, from reading what the error in the IPK Log was.

For whatevr unknown reason of the universe apparantly the clean up script did not remove the theme.xml file from the webos-quick-install dir.

Im betting this is what was causing the WOSQI attempts to either remove or install the theme problematic

I went in via a quick novacom session, and navigated to the dir referenced in the error log. Removed the theme.xml file, then the entire webos-quick-install dir, then first tried installing via WOSQI. Well that now gave me some error about not able to open the file, I quit out of that, by ending the task.

Went back to Preware, loaded up the Prethemer feed, where I was consistenty getting the error on the attempt to mkdir, and tried one more time

And LO AND BEHOLD & and Faith n Begorren, it did NOT freaking ERROR!

It came to the familiar,. needs Luna Restart.. which I gladly did.

Saw my lovely pretty boot screen, it came back ALLLLL GOOOD

Tho, IF I was a complainer, the only thing I did lilke better about the half baked version, was the launcher bar, transparant, and without the bright blue bar on top of it.. Oh well I can live with that, because now messaging , top bar, boot screens, contacts, are ALL BEEEEUTIFUL!

WHOOHOOOO ME!

I Pre

Glad to hear you have worked this out.

Nights - I've noticed one little issue with the theme, take a look, it's happened both when I installed from PreThemer/Precentral and your version installed via WebOS QI...go to messenger, under conversations tab at the bottom hit the balloon to start a new conversation, then hit the contacts button once that pops to add a contact to the conversation. If you notice, the number/sn names are in white and the background is white. See this in your copy? It's a little off white (the background) so it's barely visible.
    Yes, I see that issue as well

and you dont even have to hit the contact button, even if you start typing a name. You get the white on white

Conversely if you type a phone number, you get a screen with black on black

and one more observation, I seem to have all nice new blue icons for major apps, but the video one is still sorta the teal color.

I Pre

*Requests for theme*

Nights- I've been using your blue theme since I first installed preware (let's just say a while ago). The one thing that I found extremely dissapointing is the dialer. I liked the old one with the blue numbers. I was hoping in your new update that the dialer I love so much was back...but it is still this grey letter dialer. Please change all the gray to dark blue like it was before. It looked so much better that way. Also, I don't really like the email backround being black, even though I'm sure some people like it and it saves on much needed battery life. Please give an option for a white or black email backround if possible. If you just want leave it black, at least change the bars on the top and bottom of the email app to blue instead of grey, cuz it just looks ugly since this new update.

One more thing. I was wondering if you could make patches too...because there are some pretty important things that I think NEED to be changed in WebOS and I am willing to pay for patches to be made. Thanks.

If you change the dialer and do something about the email, I'll donate.
    Hello,
    I love the look of this theme I have tried to load the original blue theme from the quick intall link and when I get to the themer page it says "sorry themer is currently disable until a new themeing specification is put into place".

Am I doing somthing wrong as I have clicked on the download link and the file ask for me to save it or open it and then I also get lost as to where to save it to and or open the zip file.
    Need deperate help please! I have loaded other homebrew apps as well so I don't know as to why this is happening?

Thanks in adance for your help and assistance