Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Hi!

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for creating a great theme! Silver might be cooler... but I'm digging the blue.

I'm having two problems, though. Firstly, after installing 2.7 of webosQI to go with update 1.2.1), I downloaded ver1.9.5 of this theme. I can't get the 'Sprint logo and the time' to turn blue. Secondly, I'm getting the same issue where contacts are bisected at the bottom of the call list.

I also can't revert back to the default theme... but I'm thinking that that's an issue with webosQI....
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by djhammurabi View Post
    Hmm... when I assign a picture from my photo roll to a contact it doesn't show up for that person under chat or recent calls with the new theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    Hello

I just installed this theme. At first time I got some error, however I tried again and it was successfully installed. But then after the restart, the background image was not modified (had the original one that I set). The bad part is that whenever I click the launcher button, it did not show any launcher pages!!!! but the default find page. I do not know how to see all the applications in the launcher page. I installed using WOQI and when I try to revert back to default in WOQI, that button was disabled and it says the current theme installed was palm pre one. I do not even know how to reset the phone to factory settings (as I cannot get into launcher page). Even universal search is not working as well. When I type nothing happens. It just shows Google, Wiki, twitter screen.
    Can any one help me getting back to my default theme and settings.

M
    It sounds like a problem with WebOS QI, there's no reason the theme itself would do something like that. Does the same thing happen with other themes?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ..can't say right now because we are not offered the option to go back to our default thru the Webinstaller.

Kinda scared to attempt to load another one without removing this one first.
    Quote Originally Posted by KentBETA View Post
    ..can't say right now because we are not offered the option to go back to our default thru the Webinstaller.

Kinda scared to attempt to load another one without removing this one first.
    Install this: http://bit.ly/1eSISH , then try installing themes using preware
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    install this using WebOS QI?
    When i installed this theme the photo that i had set to my wallpaper was still there, how do i change it to the blue nova?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    same thing, it's not replacing my background, and the blue one is nowhere on the phone.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    Install this: http://bit.ly/1eSISH , then try installing themes using preware
    Got an ERROR reading Control File when I installed using 2.72
    You have great taste bro. this is the best theme available in the gallery IMO. keep up the great work
    The only problem i have is that when i change to to a different theme the video icon is always blue never changes.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elboricua View Post
    The only problem i have is that when i change to to a different theme the video icon is always blue never changes.
    Installing new themes without first removing the current/previous theme is bad and will result in things like that.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palminmypalm View Post
    Hi!

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for creating a great theme! Silver might be cooler... but I'm digging the blue.

I'm having two problems, though. Firstly, after installing 2.7 of webosQI to go with update 1.2.1), I downloaded ver1.9.5 of this theme. I can't get the 'Sprint logo and the time' to turn blue. Secondly, I'm getting the same issue where contacts are bisected at the bottom of the call list.

I also can't revert back to the default theme... but I'm thinking that that's an issue with webosQI....
    I'm also having the same problem regarding the carrier string and date/time not turning blue, and it also is not installing the wallpaper for me. However, I have had no issues using webOS Quick Install to revert back to the default theme. Hopefully there will be a fix to get this theme working correctly all around soon!
    Hey...I love your theme man. I intend to only use yours as long as I have my pre. It's simple, and nice. And I love blue.

However, I was wondering if may you could put out a 'lite' version (or some other name to differentiate from your normal one) with the following:

- Same battery icon as the default theme, just blue.
    - The Palm start up logo just fading in and out of blue (not that tribal background you have) - I believe you had this in the first version and did away with it in the later versions.
    - Change the photo app background to something less busy...something like this perhaps:

http://www-tc.pbs.org/nbr/site/image...background.jpg

http://www.ps87library.org/blue_background_rotatee.jpg

http://www.sonomare.com/Blue_Background.jpg

That would be awesome...regardless, awesome theme man.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by nights0223 View Post
    It sounds like a problem with WebOS QI, there's no reason the theme itself would do something like that. Does the same thing happen with other themes?
    It does have to do with your theme. I'm not sure about others, but I doctored my phone after it had the same problem.

I used webOS QuickInstall to install some tweaks, and I did not install your theme again, and my phone worked perfectly. I don't know why your theme caused the launcher to become broken.
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by lbjames231 View Post
    It does have to do with your theme. I'm not sure about others, but I doctored my phone after it had the same problem.

I used webOS QuickInstall to install some tweaks, and I did not install your theme again, and my phone worked perfectly. I don't know why your theme caused the launcher to become broken.
    Did you try another theme and get it to work? The theme is just bunch of image files that replace the current image files, and a couple of .css files that should have absolutely nothing to do with your problem.

Unless you have tried other themes and/or can replicate the problem with mine after your visit to the doctor, the problem can't be narrowed down to my theme. It more likely can be narrowed down to a problem with theming in general, or some tweak, when you were using WebOS QI.

Again, my theme is no different from others, it is just a bunch of images to replace the default images of the pre. It doesn't touch any other 'internal workings' of your pre, that is something WebOS QI does.

If you are still having issues, please let me know. In the meantime, the safest way to install a theme is through PreWare, so I would suggest that method.
    For the record,

I haven't noticed any issues with this theme. I did have the old one (picture of a box in PreWare) and the new one (picture of the background in PreWare) installed at the same time...and my battery icon was messed up...but after uninstalling both via PreWare and re-installing the one with the background icon via preware, I've been having zero issues.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    For the record,

I haven't noticed any issues with this theme. I did have the old one (picture of a box in PreWare) and the new one (picture of the background in PreWare) installed at the same time...and my battery icon was messed up...but after uninstalling both via PreWare and re-installing the one with the background icon via preware, I've been having zero issues.
    Yeah, I think people are starting to get confused as there are so many different methods if installing themes (Preware, WebosQI, Prethemer ipk, etc.). One thing that would really help figure out these problems is if people would say what they were doing right before they installed the theme, which method they used to install it, and the problem they are having.

Also, I think your suggestion of a 'lite' theme is a good one, and I will keep it in mind.
    Thank you . It's just a little hard to tell how much battery life I have left judging by the icon you currently have. I find the need to bring down the dialog to see.

The "Palm" logo bootup is just something I liked more when you had it just blue (from the default white). That's all .
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by nights0223 View Post
    Did you try another theme and get it to work? The theme is just bunch of image files that replace the current image files, and a couple of .css files that should have absolutely nothing to do with your problem.

Unless you have tried other themes and/or can replicate the problem with mine after your visit to the doctor, the problem can't be narrowed down to my theme. It more likely can be narrowed down to a problem with theming in general, or some tweak, when you were using WebOS QI.

Again, my theme is no different from others, it is just a bunch of images to replace the default images of the pre. It doesn't touch any other 'internal workings' of your pre, that is something WebOS QI does.

If you are still having issues, please let me know. In the meantime, the safest way to install a theme is through PreWare, so I would suggest that method.
    I haven't tried any other themes. Honestly, I'm afraid to even try, because I don't want to have to doctor my phone again.

I have a feeling it may have to do with webOS 1.2.1 and not 1.2

Now that I doctored my phone and I'm back to 1.2, I'm going to try your theme again. I really like it, so I hope nothing goes wrong this time. I used Quick Install last time, but I'll go with Preware since you say it's safer.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I use Preware and install the theme version from Prethemer and have never had any issue.