Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    UPDATED: September 1, 2009 with new & tweaked themes. See below for info.

I'm pretty excited that the onscreen keyboard, even in its alpha stage, is prettty pretty awesome. This will be where I post keyboard themes that I've made for my own usage and to share with everyone. They're all designed to be pretty to highly legible and functional. AND, they're all named after a cat. How can you say no to themes all named after a cat?? Enjoy!

--

Before you can install the themes, you have to install the keyboard patch. Instructions are here

--

Once you have the onscreen keyboard working, plug your pre into the computer, enable USB Drive, open the "virtual-keyboard" folder and the "kb_config.json" file with a text editor. You'll see this:

{
    "haptic": 0,
    "clickFile": "",
    "theme": "LPC_GoesToSchool_1.0"
    }

To install a keyboard theme, you:
    1) download a theme from the links below
    2) unzip and put it in virtual-keyboards > themes folder
    3) put the theme's folder name exactly as it is, in between the quotation marks
    4) eject your pre
    5) enjoy your new theme. don't forget to say thank you.

--

To enable haptic feedback, change the haptic line like this. Make sure to do it EXACTLY as it is written below or it will not work.:

to

"haptic": 50,

--

To enable the sound, change the sound line like this:

to

"clickFile": "click1.wav",

--

And now, the themes. New themes will be added on this thread at the first post.

ADDED 9/1/2009. Lucas Papaya Cat Red 1a, okay so Lucas is actually white with black spots and a pink nose but red's a nice color.

ADDED 9/1/2009. Lucas Papaya Cat Gunmetal 1a, because you can't go wrong with glack. And, it looks so good with the pre's hardware.

UPDATED 9/1/2009. Lucas Papaya Cat Condensed 1g, is an updated version of the original LucasPapaya theme with even more subtle tweaks to make it pop and more legible.

UPDATED 9/1/2009. Lucas Papaya Cat lowercase rounded 1b, now with more pop.

ADDED 8/30/2009. Lucas Papaya Cat Retro Wood 1a, in case you're a retro kind of person with an appreciation for wood.

ADDED 8/30/2009. Lucas Papaya Cat Textured Paint 1c, because the whole shiny plastic aesthetic is so 2-days ago.

UPDATED 8/30/2009. Lucas Papaya Cat Critter Friends 1c, is for those people who can touch-type and already know where the letters are , and who like pink. Look closely at the letters.

Lucas Papaya Cat Italics 1a

Lucas Papaya Cat Goes To School 1a

--

Lastly, don't forget to check out the original onscreen keyboard thread and keep up with the patch updates!

--
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nice work. I'm really liking "Lucas Papaya Cat Condensed 1f".
    This need to be rooted right
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    This need to be rooted right
    nope. no rooting involved. click on the first link and follow dieter's instructions on how to install the keyboard, then go back to this thread and follow instructions for swapping out themes. it's really easy even i am able to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I'm pretty excited that the onscreen keyboard, even in its alpha stage, is prettty pretty awesome. To celebrate, here are a couple of keyboard themes that I've made. Yes, they're all named after a cat. Enjoy
    !
    Please pretty please when you make keyboard themes, link them to the wiki so that they don't get lost and scroll off the front page of the forum....

see my sig
    Nice is you taking theme request?
    Just what I have been waiting for.
    Awesome work.
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    downloading now THANKS
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    nice already changed mine and my wifes!! Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I downloaded the original LPC from webos internals and I'm liking this new condensed one even more. Thanks for all the time and effort.
    im having a bit of trouble. i downloaded the theme and put it in the themes folder and edited the .json file but now my keyboard wont show up at all.....any ideas?
    love the Italics version. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Same thing happen to me I follow your instruction put themes in the folder and edited the .json file but now my keyboard wont show up at all. What did I do wrong?
    Hmmm nice thread, UnDesigner.. hope you dont mind if I jump on it to add my themes here too, so they are all in one place.

And YES Rboatright, I DID update the wiki.. took a lil bit to figure out where, but no worries,. its done..

I did have a small issue with the way I zipped the files, forgot to include the folder, which may confuse some, so I am gonna add all 3 of them here first, then update wiki with the new files

UnDesigner your themes are really nice.. mine are just a bit different.. nice to have choices.. Also I love that your themes are named for your cat, being an animal lover, but more so dogs, I named 2 of mine for my 2 dogs.. My Golden Retrievers Autumn and Denali and the themes sorta represent those names

Here are MY themes, follow Uns well laid out instructions the same way if you want these!

Gotta LOVE this forum...

(aside from the fact that I spend wayyyyyyyyy too much time here, not getting work done heheh)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by faigee View Post
    Same thing happen to me I follow your instruction put themes in the folder and edited the .json file but now my keyboard wont show up at all. What did I do wrong?
    The edited kb_config.json file does not go in the theme folder, it goes one level above, in the virtual keyboard folder...
  16.    #16  
    @MaSwaggSoSiQ
    @faigee

Like dianehelen said, are you replacing the wrong .json file? the file structure on your pre should be like this:

"virtual-keyboard" folder contains these 3 items:
    - kb_config.json (this is the file you update with the name of the theme folder)
    - sounds (this folder contains sounds that play on-click)
    - themes (this folder is where you put newly downloaded themes in)

Inside the "themes" folder is where the themes folders go... so for example:
    - LPC_Condensed_1f
    - LPC_Italics_1a
    - LPC_GoesToSchool_1a
    - LPC_CritterFriends_1b

Make sure that you have UNZIPPED the theme folders before putting them on your pre, and that the "themes" line in kb_config.json file is referring to the correct folder name of the theme you want to use. For example, if you want to use LPC_Italics_1a then that file should read exactly like this:

{
    "theme": "LPC_GoesToSchool_1.0"
    }

--

Do NOT touch the .jason file that's inside each of the themes folder. All that file does, is tell WebOS which image to use for each keystroke.
  17.    #17  
    @dianehelen - no not at all, please feel free to add your themes to the thread. this thread is for everybody.

@rboatright - how do i link them to the wiki page? i went to the wiki but i don't see anywhere to link the themes to... the wiki's kind of difficult to navigate. i'm not even sure where to begin.
    @dianehelen - no not at all, please feel free to add your themes to the thread. this thread is for everybody.

@rboatright - how do i link them to the wiki page? i went to the wiki but i don't see anywhere to link the themes to... the wiki's kind of difficult to navigate. i'm not even sure where to begin.
    Just PMd you regarding wiki stuff

Let me know, either here, PM, AIM or Yahoo Messenger if you need help

Heres one for those of you that like dk blue

20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Just PMd you regarding wiki stuff

Let me know, either here, PM, AIM or Yahoo Messenger if you need help
    thx for the info. i'll take a look at that.

in other notes... i've just added a couple more themes made some refinement updates to existing ones.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast