Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Those weird charactes shouldn't be there... Make sure the format appears exactly as in the first post in this thread. I think your text editor is doing somethink funky to the file.
    That code that came out was from Putty, not my text editor. The kb_config.json file looks like the format in the first post when I open it with Notepad. The ^M's were showing up when I typed:

#vi /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/kb_config.json

Also, now that I have loaded new themes into my ./virtual-keyboard/themes folder, I cannot adjust the key noise or theme through QI2.5. When I click on Tweaks, the drop down menus show nothing, not even the original four themes.
  2.    #102  
    try adjust the key sound and vibrate setting in the .json file itself. there are a lot of issues with QuickInstall 2.5 right now and a lot of people are having issues with it. so, i would stay away from using QuickInstall 2.5 for now, until there is an updated fix.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    so, how would one go about uninstalling the new webOSquickinstall and installing the old one? Oh, let me try that panic button revert back to old version thingy... I remember seeing it before. srry, can't delete this post...
    Last edited by brownkity; 09/23/2009 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Wanted to delete
    Ooh, me likes... This app rox mah sox
    Thanks App Creators...
    Thanx pre for making an OPEN phone!!!
    This is the best thing one could do 2 a phone!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Ok, this was in no was my design, I saw it somewhere (apple prlly) and really wanted it, so could someone design this??? This would make typing so much easier. Since this is in a triangular shape, there is more dead space, and more room for us to type incorrectly. Better to not hit the key than to hit the wrong one... well, you will hit the key more times with this one, and be more accurate w/o trying. It seems to be a bit more than copying images and pasting, but I'm no designer. Basically what someone would have to do would be to create a bunch of dead spaces between the keys, where there are no keys, and that would be the keyboard. It seems doable, but would it be able to be a theme in the keyboard we already downloaded, or will there have to be a whole new keyboard? That IDK

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.switched....09/06/croc.jpg

http://josephlai.com/blog/wp-content...iphone_002.jpg

Oh Plz be able to do this... please...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ooh, me likes... This app rox mah sox
    Thanks App Creators...
    Thanx pre for making an OPEN phone!!!
    This is the best thing one could do 2 a phone!
  5.    #105  
    that's a good idea, just not do-able right now yet. i think that the hit area is the whole div containing the key and not the image itself, so it doesn't matter whether or not the button takes up the whole div or just part of it, the on-click event is tied to the entire div.

Quote Originally Posted by brownkity View Post
    Ok, this was in no was my design, I saw it somewhere (apple prlly) and really wanted it, so could someone design this??? This would make typing so much easier. Since this is in a triangular shape, there is more dead space, and more room for us to type incorrectly. Better to not hit the key than to hit the wrong one... well, you will hit the key more times with this one, and be more accurate w/o trying. It seems to be a bit more than copying images and pasting, but I'm no designer. Basically what someone would have to do would be to create a bunch of dead spaces between the keys, where there are no keys, and that would be the keyboard. It seems doable, but would it be able to be a theme in the keyboard we already downloaded, or will there have to be a whole new keyboard? That IDK

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.switched....09/06/croc.jpg

http://josephlai.com/blog/wp-content...iphone_002.jpg

Oh Plz be able to do this... please...
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Hello all
    After i update to V1.2.1, I can not change the keyboard theme, any help?
    thank you
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    yea, installing the theme manually through the config isnt working for me either. The format is exact and has no problems, unless im doing something wrong on my side...

heres what it looks like - with this however i should be able to select the theme from the button at the bottom left corner of the keyboard and it should load, but its not...

{
    "haptic": 0,
    "clickFile": "click1.wav",
    "theme": "LPC_Dark_Rounded_2e",
    "installed_themes":
    [
    {"label":"remix ice","value":"remix_ice"},
    {"label":"remix classic","value":"remix_classic"},
    {"label":"remix glossy","value":"remix_glossy"},
    {"label":"lpc dark rounded","value":"LPC_Dark_Rounded_2e"},
    {"label":"lpc italics 1a","value":"LPC_Italics_1a"},
    ]
    }
    Last edited by Tl12000; 06/07/2010 at 12:31 AM.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456