Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    how can you change to one of those three themes on the Pre?

I can't open the file. How can I open it and what text editor did you guys use? Ok I got it.
    Last edited by rem_kujawa; 09/07/2009 at 12:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    right-click on the file..... press "open with" then find "notepad" and press ok..... at that point change the name of the theme to the one you want and then save..... now restart your device and your done
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    oh man you should try a newwer keyboard i have one that you can move up and down on ur screen so you can see either what ur typing or whatever but its really kool. you'll k ow if it moves because it has two little hands on either side of the board on the bottom. its sweet!!!!
    some of the older keyboards dont have that feature .
    all the keyboards have that feature... i added the hand icon originally so that users will know that those aren't just dead buttons. i discovered the click and dragability by accident myself. it looks like the newer themes that people are creating are also starting to incorporate the hand icon as well... so everyone can take advantage of this feature.
    Yeah I got it but thanks, I was thinking way over the top and did not realize it was that easy.

One thing though after I changed the file name and rebooted I plugged the USB back in and hit usb sync and windows gave me an error that said it needs to be scanned and fixed. I did it and have only seen it once.
    I know it's totally lame to ask instead of learning to do this myself, but would any theme designer be willing to make a theme optimized for landscape? Where the letters would appear normal in landscape and squished in portrait.
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I know it's totally lame to ask instead of learning to do this myself, but would any theme designer be willing to make a theme optimized for landscape? Where the letters would appear normal in landscape and squished in portrait.
    it's coming i'm about halfway done... an improved keyboard layout for both the portrait and horizontal mode will be out with the upcoming virtual keyboard release.
    Hey, big ups to all the virtual KB designers out there!!! I love the LPC_condensed!!! Anyway, is anyone close to getting around that backspace problem when using the internet browser??
  8.    #88  
    the keyboard's coming along nicely. i've been working w/emoney_33 on the next release. there are a bunch of little tweaks to make typing a little easier, and to make it a lot more legible too. i've been playing with it on my pre, and don't make as many mistakes as before so that's good. landscape keyboard is done as of last night and is really nice. emoney's posted some screenshots so go to the url below if you want to see what it looks like. that's about 95% of the finished product. i already made a couple of tweaks to that to make it more legible.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1894440
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Heres one for those of you that like dk blue

i just put th blue theme with this keyboard, i like it!
    Thanks
    Hi,
    No matter what I do I can't get the keyboard to come up. I tried to install with the web os & with preware. It says it's there but I can't get it to pop up. In preware in updates I see it when I click update it uninstalls. It says to tap around the button nada for me. I'm an old school palm user used to use writhing programs so the regular keyboard takes me forever to use. Also if a text message does actually come in I can't open it therefore I can't respond to it. Is it a setting or something wrong with the pre itself. Usually I'm pretty good a figuring out stuff, but on pc's not phones. This one is making me nuts!!! Any suggestions for me??
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyr View Post
    Hi,
    No matter what I do I can't get the keyboard to come up. I tried to install with the web os & with preware. It says it's there but I can't get it to pop up. In preware in updates I see it when I click update it uninstalls. It says to tap around the button nada for me. I'm an old school palm user used to use writhing programs so the regular keyboard takes me forever to use. Also if a text message does actually come in I can't open it therefore I can't respond to it. Is it a setting or something wrong with the pre itself. Usually I'm pretty good a figuring out stuff, but on pc's not phones. This one is making me nuts!!! Any suggestions for me??
    First, make sure that you are in a text entry area, then quickly double tap the gesture area. Your virtual keyboard should pop open.
    Steve
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    First, make sure that you are in a text entry area, then quickly double tap the gesture area. Your virtual keyboard should pop open.
    First thank, Love the keyboard themes. Now, when I tap im not sure Im tapping right or in the right place, it does appear but it takes a few minutes. In other words, if in the text area, I tap in the gesture area (I think) and sorta sit and wait, may tap again and again but it does come up..so any thoughts or is it "user error"
  14.    #94  
    Should be a double-tap in the gesture area. It doesn't matter which side of the button you double-tap on though.

I haven't had a chance to update this thread yet, but there is a new release of the keyboard that emoney just put out and it contains a brand new theme that i've optimized for readability and moved/resize some buttons around to reduce accidental clicks as well... I highly recommend using that until I have some time to maybe convert some of the themes in this thread into the new format.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I cannot get virtual keyboard to install on one of my pre's. I get an error message "error 4" whenever I try using Quickinstall from my computer or whenever I use preware. Does anyone know what that error means and what i need to do to fix it?

Thanks for the help.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davez57 View Post
    I cannot get virtual keyboard to install on one of my pre's. I get an error message "error 4" whenever I try using Quickinstall from my computer or whenever I use preware. Does anyone know what that error means and what i need to do to fix it?

Thanks for the help.
    If you are using WebOs Quick Install V2.5, that's your problem. There are numerous issues with the update, and many of us have gone back to V2.03 until the Developer, Jason, can fix the problems with 2.5.

There is a new forum thread devoted to the WebOs Quick Install V2.5 and if you read through the posts, you will see the history of the problems people are having as well as the various fixes that they have found.

Here is the link to the thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html
    Steve
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    These are great. I'm a fan of the Condensed 1g and the Italics too.
    Great work. Thanks.
    hey all, question...

I have downloaded several of the themes from this thread, but am having trouble getting them loaded. I downloaded them, unzipped them into my /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/themes/ folder with the 4 that come loaded. Then, I edited the /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/kb_config.json file with Notepad to the theme that I wanted. I saved the file, ejected my pre, and then did a soft reset. Keyboard theme would not load and keyboard would not work. Did a full on/off of the phone. Keyboard still does not work and no theme loaded. Here is the Putty view on the file...

root@castle:/media/internal/virtual-keyboard# vi kb_config.json
    {^M
    "haptic": 50,^M
    "clickFile": "",^M
    "theme": "LPC_RetroWood_1a",^M
    "installed_themes":^M
    [^M
    {"label":"remix classic","value":"remix_classic"},^M
    {"label":"remix glossy","value":"remix_glossy"},^M
    {"label":"remix ice","value":"remix_ice"},^M
    {"label":"retro wood","value":"LPC_RetroWood_1a"},^M
    {"label":"lpc dark rounded","value":"LPC_Dark_Rounded_2e
    ]^M
    }^M

First of all, I don't know what all of these ^M's are. Second, I do not know why this is not working. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    hey all, question...

I have downloaded several of the themes from this thread, but am having trouble getting them loaded. I downloaded them, unzipped them into my /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/themes/ folder with the 4 that come loaded. Then, I edited the /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/kb_config.json file with Notepad to the theme that I wanted. I saved the file, ejected my pre, and then did a soft reset. Keyboard theme would not load and keyboard would not work. Did a full on/off of the phone. Keyboard still does not work and no theme loaded. Here is the Putty view on the file...

{^M
    [^M
    ]^M
    }^M

First of all, I don't know what all of these ^M's are. Second, I do not know why this is not working. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks!
    I believe it is a bug with Webos Quick install 2.5 Prior to 2.5 I was able to change my KB theme now my new theme changes are not recognized the only ones that are recognized are the ones that came with the KB, if I edit the Jr file to include the theme I want "glossy_blue" it will not load the Kb, i have to revert back to the stock ones..
  20.    #100  
    Those weird charactes shouldn't be there... Make sure the format appears exactly as in the first post in this thread. I think your text editor is doing somethink funky to the file.

Also, note that none of the themes in this thread is in the new format, so it will be semi-broken. I haven't had any time to build out these themes to the new format yet. The new default theme is the only one that i've had time to work on thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    hey all, question...

{^M
    [^M
    ]^M
    }^M

Thanks!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast