Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robert323 View Post
    can you plz make the lakers dialer pad have yellow numbers it would look more better and much if anyone can make it like that id really appreciate it tyvm. Also diane nice job on the one u made.
    Robert, the problem with doing that, is it requires altering 8 other images, from the 3 posted.

The 3 images included in the set are the ones that you can easily change using the WebOsQuickInstall program. To change any other images, you need to have access to the Linux file system on the PRE

Do you have that access and if so do you know how to navigate around and copy files to correct locations, (which also involves gaining write permission )
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    no i dont lol thats why im asking ppl cant u just change the numbers to yellow is it that hard to use the root access wow.
    no i dont lol thats why im asking ppl cant u just change the numbers to yellow is it that hard to use the root access wow.
    The numbers are made up from a series of images. Its not hard to change them per se. But if you are not familiar with moving files around within a linux file system then this is probably not something you are going to be able to accomplish

Sorry
    Last edited by dianehelen; 09/05/2009 at 05:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    can you teach me how to diane?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    maybe a link will help me out or instructions?
    maybe a link will help me out or instructions?
    Well, much of the information is already posted in many forms in many places on this forum and on the wiki as well

Id suggest you start reading the information on the wiki, then maybe do a google search for Linux for beginners.

The wiki is here:

Main Page - WebOS Internals

Good Luck!
    Works great...thanks.
    If you dont have root access, and dont know how or feel comfortable doing so.
    You can still edit any image through quickinstall.
    To do so, open up Quickinstall. Under tools click on receive file. (You will need to know the location of the file(s) you wish to edit. For you dialer theme, here is a link with all the image locations.
    Patch Phone Edit Dialer Theme - WebOS Internals
    Step 2 lists all the locations.
    Now copy and paste the location of the file into quickinstall, and save.
    Edit the file to your liking.
    Now click send file through Quickinstall.
    Copy the location of where the files go (excluding the name of the image) and paste that into the quick install.
    Browse for the image on your pc, and click upload.
    Thats all.
    A restart may be required to view the images you edited.

Let me know if this works for ya.
    it would be really awesome if you could make me a robert pattinson or twilight background.... please?
    it would be really awesome if you could make me a robert pattinson or twilight background.... please?
    Here ya go.
    Disregard the orange buttons as I edited my image files to match my theme.

Also udated this theme on the wiki. Pre Dialer Backgrounds - WebOS Internals
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AaronB1979; 09/06/2009 at 09:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    aaron nice dialer but may u give me some instructions on how to edit the numbers to make them different colors plz ive been tryin to know for ages =] tyvm.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Soooo.. . Is this the place to make requests?

I would sure be stoked to have some 'waves / cool sunset' dialer wallpapers.
    aaron nice dialer but may u give me some instructions on how to edit the numbers to make them different colors plz ive been tryin to know for ages =] tyvm.
    Scroll up a few posts, and I already described to you how to edit the #'s with out rooting your phone.
    The #'s are .png files so you will have to edit them with Photoshop, Gimp, Paint, etc.

Ill try and get to that tomorrow morning.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    kewl...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post

Here is a wave one , I'll let Aaron wake up and he can do the sunset one, he has a thing for the color orange , Im a blue lover, myself

Enjoy! Hope you like it!

Here is a Sunset with waves Dialer for ya.
    Dont worry about the orange numgers, etc. I edited those on my phone for my dialer.
    Hope you like it.

Also Updated On The Wiki Dialer Page. http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...er_Backgrounds
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Much thanks for your speedy efforts!
    Personalizing my phone has made the Pre all the more better and I have no sports team that I love so much that I would display it on my phone so getting some scenery stuff is quite nice.
    I have this wallpaper I've used for awhile and it's my favorite one combining both a wave and a sunset. Is it possible to use this image for a dialer?

iDesign * Pre - Free Palm Pre Wallpapers & Free Palm Pre Backgrounds. Updated Daily!

(It's the one on the second row of page one called "Wave Tunnel" wallpaper ID 13634) There's a bunch of great ones on this site...

P.S I like the orange numbers! Is that done only by rooting? I'm not to tech savvy. . .
    I have this wallpaper I've used for awhile and it's my favorite one combining both a wave and a sunset. Is it possible to use this image for a dialer?
    Yes it is possible, and I can make that for ya.

P.S I like the orange numbers! Is that done only by rooting? I'm not to tech savvy. . .
    Changing the #'s can be done by rooting or No rooting.
    If you havent rooted your pre, you will ned to use QuickInstall to edit the #'s
    I described how to do so a few posts back on this thread.
    I will quote that post for ya.

If you dont have root access, and dont know how or feel comfortable doing so.
    You can still edit any image through quickinstall.
    To do so, open up Quickinstall. Under tools click on receive file. (You will need to know the location of the file(s) you wish to edit. For you dialer theme, here is a link with all the image locations. Patch Phone Edit Dialer Theme - WebOS Internals
    Step 2 lists all the locations.
    Now copy and paste the location of the file into quickinstall, and save.
    Edit the file to your liking.
    Now click send file through Quickinstall.
    Copy the location of where the files go (excluding the name of the image) and paste that into the quick install.
    Browse for the image on your pc, and click upload.
    Thats all.
    A restart may be required to view the images you edited.

Let me know if this works for ya.
    Wow Freshyz, those are really nice..

Stand by for a few, Im doing the wavetunnel for ya..

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast