Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Here's mine, tweaked a wallpaper someone had posted and "borrowed" the black bars dianehelen had done for another request.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crocostimpy; 09/09/2009 at 07:28 PM.
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Could anybody make a cool notre dame one. That would be sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by the big hurt View Post
    Could anybody make a cool notre dame one. That would be sweet!
    Can you be a little more specific? Did you want just the colllege logo? The football team? Give me an idea and I can whip it up for ya
    Yes the college logo or a close up of raising the helmet into the air. thank you
    Diane,
    With all these dialpad backgrounds you are making, are you just taking any old jpg and converting it for size and to the png file format?
    Quote Originally Posted by the big hurt View Post
    Yes the college logo or a close up of raising the helmet into the air. thank you
    Let me know if this is ok

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    Diane,
    With all these dialpad backgrounds you are making, are you just taking any old jpg and converting it for size and to the png file format?
    Pretty much, tho I usually take an image and enhance it, or add stuff to it, or give it some "personality" but ya, then its just a matter of making it

320X480px and save as .png format
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Pretty much, tho I usually take an image and enhance it, or add stuff to it, or give it some "personality" but ya, then its just a matter of making it

320X480px and save as .png format
    I know early on in this forum there were comments in regards to making changes in Photoshop. So I didn't know if some transparent layer needed to be added or what. So I appreciate the info.

By the way, the ones you have made have been spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Used the WebOS Install to tweak mine as follows.

how are you creating the wallpapers? are there specs one can use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    I know early on in this forum there were comments in regards to making changes in Photoshop. So I didn't know if some transparent layer needed to be added or what. So I appreciate the info.

By the way, the ones you have made have been spectacular.
    Awee Thanks Prepopscience , I really appreciate that. Its been kinda fun to make them by request.

As for the transparancy and layers, as far as the dialer goes, anyway, that is all handled with the dial pad images. The one that goes behind it, like the ones I am doing, are just images, that get overlayed by the dialer images..

I just search for images that go together well, do a lil photoshop magic, add some filters and/or layer effects, save to the right size and format, and voila! Almost Instant Dial pad wallpaper

How are you finding these png files and how do I change my dialpad background?
    Quote Originally Posted by LatinaGem View Post
    How are you finding these png files and how do I change my dialpad background?
    I am creating the png files, by making an image, in the correct size, and saving in in png format with Photoshop.

To change the dialer background, if you know how to maneuver around in Linux, you can do it there, or if not, you can download and use WebOs QuickInstall Tweaks to do it easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Awee Thanks Prepopscience , I really appreciate that. Its been kinda fun to make them by request.

As for the transparancy and layers, as far as the dialer goes, anyway, that is all handled with the dial pad images. The one that goes behind it, like the ones I am doing, are just images, that get overlayed by the dialer images..

I just search for images that go together well, do a lil photoshop magic, add some filters and/or layer effects, save to the right size and format, and voila! Almost Instant Dial pad wallpaper

Well then, I'll let you have a little more fun if you are interested. I've had a tough time finding the right picture but maybe you can create a good one. I'd love a Florida Gators picture. The ND one you did was really nice. I'd love to have something like that for Florida. Or something like the Cowboys one you did.
    OK let me see what I can do. Did you want the gator head in some form, or just the orange/blue colors and logo of some form?
    Quote Originally Posted by crocostimpy View Post
    Here's mine, tweaked a wallpaper someone had posted and "borrowed" the black bars dianehelen had done for another request.
    Now i have two great Steelers Dialer Backgrounds to choose from...this one and the one DianeHelen made at my request...how do I choose?!

Actually, I had another idea...how about turning this image into a dialer background:
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    Now i have two great Steelers Dialer Backgrounds to choose from...this one and the one DianeHelen made at my request...how do I choose?!

Actually, I had another idea...how about turning this image into a dialer background:
    Umm I tried, but that is not a good quality image, its a gif and there are some bad areas of "ghosting" around the image.. would not lend itself to be a nice quality background.. sorry..
    I installed the image however I have no dial pad #'s just the image.
    What did I do wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by jim4erp View Post
    I installed the image however I have no dial pad #'s just the image.
    What did I do wrong?
    Ummm need a lil more info than that.

What image did you install?
    How did you install it?
    installed the steelers nation background using web os quick install 2.03
    also tried to uncheck the box which does reset it back to the orig green background but still no keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim4erp View Post
    installed the steelers nation background using web os quick install 2.03
    also tried to uncheck the box which does reset it back to the orig green background but still no keys.
    Wow that is kinda odd?

Try doing a real re boot of the phone

Device Info >(scroll up to) Reset Options > Restart

Also have you messed with changing the dialer keys at all via Linux or QuickInstall Send/Receive? IF you used the blank files on the wiki and did not properly change the file names, that would be the result.