Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Hey Diane (or anyone else that knows..)

Back to an earlier discussion, I just unchecked all tweaks to be safe and ready for update (rumors flying around it being today) and I uninstalled the VK. However, do I need to uninstall GNU patch as well? I thought they went together but not sure..? Don't want to delete one thing and mess up another.

Thnx in advance.

P.S. Ever since I installed Preware and been tweaking my phone, I have had my phone service and EVDO drop out many times while just sitting here and I always have full phone and EVDO service in my place!... I also did a battery test and something was pulling juice a bit more than normal. Any insight on these new issues since tweakage?. .
    Last edited by Freshyz; 09/08/2009 at 05:44 PM.
    This is VERY cool !

Thanks for your hard work.

One question - how do I remove the new images and have it revert to green?
    This is VERY cool !

Thanks for your hard work.

One question - how do I remove the new images and have it revert to green?
    It deends on how you installed the images.
    If you used Quick Install, Simply Uncheck the box, and let it restart your pre.
    Any other method you will have to gain root acceess and upload your new images.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Can you give me the exact steps you are taking, and what the results are?

Maybe I can try to figure out whats going on, with a little more detail

Thanks
    Diane

Diane, I put my phone into development mode, opened up webos quick install, clicked on tweaks, checked the box about the battery percentage(show icon & percentage), then it restarts my pre, and then where it says sprint and shows the signal and battery its a white line that goes across that area and you cant see sprint or anything up top, when i uncheck the box, and my pre restarts, i see sprint and everything again.

however, my pre isnt rooted or anything.. i only have filecoaster and my notifications installed on my pre.

let me know thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherxmarieee View Post
    Diane, I put my phone into development mode, opened up webos quick install, clicked on tweaks, checked the box about the battery percentage(show icon & percentage), then it restarts my pre, and then where it says sprint and shows the signal and battery its a white line that goes across that area and you cant see sprint or anything up top, when i uncheck the box, and my pre restarts, i see sprint and everything again.

however, my pre isnt rooted or anything.. i only have filecoaster and my notifications installed on my pre.

let me know thanks
    Wow that is very odd indeed. That should just be a simple Tweak, that you should just see right away.

Not really sure what to tell you, other than wait for the new OS to come out, and see what changes the Devs here make to Quick INstall to get stuff working again.

Sorry you are having this issue
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

let me know thanks
    Your not alone...I get the same error using Webos quick install. And I've tried almost everything to get it to work. I've rooted my Pre already, but I'm just going to wait to go that route to do this tweak until the update since I would have to remove it anyways...
    @heatherxmarieee
    and
    @jap00_34

What Version of Quick Install are you using?
    Would anybody consider making a Pittsburgh Steelers themed dialer background?
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    Sure! Give me a few minutes..
    OK here ya go

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Oh that is freakin' sweet! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    @heatherxmarieee
    and
    @jap00_34

I have version 2.03
    Oh that is freakin' sweet! Thanks!
    hehe I guess that means you like it

Im GLAD!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap00_34 View Post
    I have version 2.03
    Huh, Im outta answers then. Maybe just wait for after the update and a new version of QI
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    That was my next step, Diane. I've tried just about everything that I can think of. It won't be long before Webos 1.2 is out and then there probably need to be changes to Webos Quick Install anyways. Thanks for trying to help! I'm not in a hurry for that tweak, I've dealt with the way it's been since launch day
    @heatherxmarieee
    and
    @jap00_34

i am using 2.03 :/ i wanna figure it out.
    i am using 2.03 :/ i wanna figure it out.
    Boy that really is a mystery and I would probably want to reslove it too

I just tried to take mine thru all cycles, take OFF the %, but back on without icon, then off again, then with both icon and %, and they all come back just as desired, so Im not sure what your issue is.

You may want to post this as a dedicated thread on the Web Os Forum area... and see if any of the "smart people" have some insight..
    Boy that really is a mystery and I would probably want to reslove it too

I just tried to take mine thru all cycles, take OFF the %, but back on without icon, then off again, then with both icon and %, and they all come back just as desired, so Im not sure what your issue is.

You may want to post this as a dedicated thread on the Web Os Forum area... and see if any of the "smart people" have some insight..
    well to my surprise i have no clue what i did, but i got it lol. i did the same thing i was doing before, but for some reason it actually took the tweak this time. thankssss.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Here's the one I've been using.. not much of a change just enough not to be boring.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    well to my surprise i have no clue what i did, but i got it lol. i did the same thing i was doing before, but for some reason it actually took the tweak this time. thankssss.
    Could the problem be trying 2 tweeks with the same reset? It happened to me so I took off the battery tweek, let it reset, and tweeked it again and it worked.

Are you supposed to let it reset after each tweek?