Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 374
  1. #201  
    I tried using the "Change Dialer Background" tweak and it isn't working. The device is not reseting (if it has to anyways) and I have the appropriate files on my mac that I downloaded. Why isn't it working? Does it have to be in a certain folder? HELP!
  2. #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    This may be abit to ask, but I wonder if you could give abit more info on this. Could you provide a bit more detail by walking us threough an example in detail. I would be truly grateful as I think your method may be the best I have heard to do editing like this without rooting.
    That method does actually work pretty well, with NO root access, but you still need to know the correct and exact locations of the images you want to change. Its also a really good idea to make absolute SURE you make copies of the existing original files before changing any.

    Now, while you do NOT need true root access, you do need some graphic skills to change the images. And you do need at least some basic file navigation skills

    So, with that said, let me take a stab at trying to explain this..

    So, first you have to have WebOs Quick Install, which Im assuming you all do, if you have already been sucessful at changing dialer wallpaper.

    So, to get and receive files from the phone, to be able to edit and save them back, you need to Open up WebOs Quick Install and go to the

    Tools> Recieve Files

    It should look like this



    next you need to know 2 things:

    1.the name of the image you want to change
    2. the location of where it is

    The post that Aaron did, has a link to where the images for the Dialer are stored. So lets say we want to change the dialer background image

    The name of that image on the PRE is backdrop-phone.png
    the location of that image is

    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png

    So to GET the file you would have to enter that location/file name in the RECIEVE box



    You would have to choose the destination of where you want it to land..
    then just hit Get From Device!

    It would then copy the file FROM the PRE to your folder you chose.

    You would THEN (first make a copy of the original) make your adjustments, then reverse the process to get it back to the phone, using the SEND file option, making sure you reverse the source and destination files and locations

    Does that help or make sense to anyone?
  3. #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by SHODriver01 View Post
    I tried using the "Change Dialer Background" tweak and it isn't working. The device is not reseting (if it has to anyways) and I have the appropriate files on my mac that I downloaded. Why isn't it working? Does it have to be in a certain folder? HELP!
    The Phone should do a short reset for the new dialer to take effect

    As for what it does with a Mac, Im clueles. Im a PC
  4. #204  
    You should just be able to use the tweak option to change everything right? What are the steps to make this tweak work because I am telling the window where the files are and I am hitting the set background button and nothing is happening.
  5. donytanza's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #205  
    i just have a question does anyone have a template for resolution with the palm pre i have tried a few times to resize pics and designed a few myself but i guess i'm not as good as i thought, I mean i know it's 240x320 that's simple but for some reason my images don't come out as good as I'd like any pointers? I'm sure i can come up with somethings that ppl just might like, also if you have some templates for the dialer, lock screen, i would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

    Dony
  6. #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by donytanza View Post
    i just have a question does anyone have a template for resolution with the palm pre i have tried a few times to resize pics and designed a few myself but i guess i'm not as good as i thought, I mean i know it's 240x320 that's simple but for some reason my images don't come out as good as I'd like any pointers? I'm sure i can come up with somethings that ppl just might like, also if you have some templates for the dialer, lock screen, i would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

    Dony
    The dialer background is 320X480
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by SHODriver01 View Post
    You should just be able to use the tweak option to change everything right? What are the steps to make this tweak work because I am telling the window where the files are and I am hitting the set background button and nothing is happening.
    The only images Tweak will change as far as the dialer is concerned is the background, the scroll fade, and the list fade

    There are other image files that make up parts of the phone app, but you cannot change them via Tweaks, you can via Root access, or thru WEbOs Quick Install using the Send/Recieve Files tools, but you need to know the image names and file locations
  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    The only images Tweak will change as far as the dialer is concerned is the background, the scroll fade, and the list fade

    There are other image files that make up parts of the phone app, but you cannot change them via Tweaks, you can via Root access, or thru WEbOs Quick Install using the Send/Recieve Files tools, but you need to know the image names and file locations
    I have the PNG files on my desktop. I just want to change those three things, but it isn't working. What am I doing wrong?
  9. donytanza's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #209  
    sorry that was a typo i've used 320x480... i'll upload a pic and show you what i mean...
    pre fotos Photo Gallery - Photo 1 of 1 by Disco Stew - MySpace Photos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 09/08/2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: added image
  10. donytanza's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #210  
    i was really thinking about my old nokia for a sec sorry about the typo lol
  11. donytanza's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #211  
    diane thank you for reminding me i see that i did set if for 240, i'm such a jerk.... Thanks!
  12. #212  
    yes i used webos quick install, and yes i am in development mode, do i need to be in development mode?
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Here ya go

    I WOULDNT MIND ONE WITH THE LA LOGO BUT THE NY LOOKS KEWL TOO
    slixone01@gmail.com
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by slixone View Post
    I WOULDNT MIND ONE WITH THE LA LOGO BUT THE NY LOOKS KEWL TOO
    slixone01@gmail.com
    LA Logo? do you mean like LA Dodgers??

    Let me know and I'll whip one up for ya
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherxmarieee View Post
    yes i used webos quick install, and yes i am in development mode, do i need to be in development mode?
    Can you give me the exact steps you are taking, and what the results are?

    Maybe I can try to figure out whats going on, with a little more detail

    Thanks
    Diane
  16. Franca22's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
       #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    LA Logo? do you mean like LA Dodgers??

    Let me know and I'll whip one up for ya

    Diane you are really great I want to say thanks for all you have done helping out
  17. #217  
    I know i'm late and mite be a lil dumb...but can anyone tell me how to change the dialer pad wallpaper?
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdot1105 View Post
    I know i'm late and mite be a lil dumb...but can anyone tell me how to change the dialer pad wallpaper?
    Its available easily in the TWEAKS area, if you use WebOs Quick Install, you can find info on here"

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html

    IF you have linux root access and are comfortable navigating around there you can do it there.


    You can do it with the Send/Receive file functions, in WEbOs Quick Install
  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franca22 View Post
    Diane you are really great I want to say thanks for all you have done helping out
    Aweee Thanks Franca.. they are fun, and very easy for me to do.
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    its available easily in the tweaks area, if you use webos quick install, you can find info on here"

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html

    if you have linux root access and are comfortable navigating around there you can do it there.


    You can do it with the send/receive file functions, in webos quick install
    thanks!
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions