Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post

iDesign * Pre - Free Palm Pre Wallpapers & Free Palm Pre Backgrounds. Updated Daily!

(It's the one on the second row of page one called "Wave Tunnel" wallpaper ID 13634) There's a bunch of great ones on this site...
    Ya know, ALL the ones ON that site are perfectly sized for Pre Wallpaper. All that really needs to be done, is to save them, then convert them to .png format. You dont really have to have ANY technical skills to do that, just down load:

http://irfanview.com

Its FREE and if you open any of those images in that, then just SAVE AS and change to .png format, it will save it correctly. Granted you wont have the 2 other little files, but if you dont really mind, you can at least have tons of new dialer backgrounds, really easily

Here ya go, hope you like it

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dianehelen; 09/07/2009 at 05:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Ah you guys are the best!

Ya I keep watering my Pre and I can't get it to grow roots so I have no idea what that's all about..? haha

I just got into changing my VK theme and added heptic feedback and loving that too (THNX dianehelen for your themes)

So eventually some winter backgrounds (and snowboarding ) will be nice for the season but I'll enjoy the waves etc for now. Have to delete soon anyways temporarily with new update coming ya?

*EDIT* oooooh i'm droolin! That wave tunnel looks sweet and now I need to try and get orange numbers on there. You rock!
    Ah you guys are the best!

Ya I keep watering my Pre and I can't get it to grow roots so I have no idea what that's all about..? haha

I just got into changing my VK theme and added heptic feedback and loving that too (THNX dianehelen for your themes)

So eventually some winter backgrounds (and snowboarding ) will be nice for the season but I'll enjoy the waves etc for now. Have to delete soon anyways temporarily with new update coming ya?

I dont think you need to worry about the dialer backgrounds for the update. Thats JUST images and really should not affect anything. Its the actual programming changes, Tweaks, Patches, etc, that may cause issue.

*EDIT* oooooh i'm droolin! That wave tunnel looks sweet and now I need to try and get orange numbers on there. You rock!

HAAHAH funny! grow roots.

The whole "rooting" thing, is really nothing more than gaining access to the Pre's Linux File system. Its totally legal, allowed, etc.

If you ever had any experience with DOS it would seem pretty much similar. If you have not, and ever maybe worked with a tech support person, who had you open a cmd window (black screen where you type text), its sorta like that. Its really on the simple side, the ability to move files around via various methods, commands, or certain GUI tools.

But really for now, well other than the numbers which is just a teeny bit harder, you can make whatever you want to be your dialer background, thanks to our incredible developers who have given us the easy ability to change the dialer background.

Go ahead, and give that irfanview a shot, you just might amaze yourself
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I dont think you need to worry about the dialer backgrounds for the update. Thats JUST images and really should not affect anything. Its the actual programming changes, Tweaks, Patches, etc, that may cause issue.
    But isn't the fact that 'change dialer' option is within the system/styling mods tweak section of QuickInstall?
    I thought I just needed to 'uncheck' everything on there and uninstall VK to be safe for the upcoming WebOS update. Correct or not true??
    But isn't the fact that 'change dialer' option is within the system/styling mods tweak section of QuickInstall?
    I thought I just needed to 'uncheck' everything on there and uninstall VK to be safe for the upcoming WebOS update. Correct or not true??

Nahhh just stuff that affects programming, like the VK, the actual system changes that are on the Tweaks yes, not just image swaps

Not to worry.
    so everything I change in tweaks needs to be reset like battery % before the new update takes place?
    Probably

Everything in the top section, refers to programming tweaks, the bottom, is just image swaps.

I would not be too concerned about the images swaps, but I would uncheck the top Tweaks.
    Great ty so much....
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Made this for someone so decided to post it added a chiefs logo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What's the best way to replace the wallpaper on the dialer? Is there a folder,or do a uninstall and reinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    What's the best way to replace the wallpaper on the dialer? Is there a folder,or do a uninstall and reinstall?
    Webos quick install
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html
    when you use it, there is a tweaks option that lets you upload a new dialer wallpaper
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsSFTF View Post
    Webos quick install
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html
    when you use it, there is a tweaks option that lets you upload a new dialer wallpaper
    Sorry for confusion but I have the dialer tweak on the Pre already and I want to change from my current image, do I have to uncheck the tweak, then reaply it to get the fields for the three .png?
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Sorry for confusion but I have the dialer tweak on the Pre already and I want to change from my current image, do I have to uncheck the tweak, then reaply it to get the fields for the three .png?
    Yes, you need to uncheck, then do the short restart, then check, and get the NEW images on

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    If you dont have root access, and dont know how or feel comfortable doing so.
    You can still edit any image through quickinstall.
    To do so, open up Quickinstall. Under tools click on receive file. (You will need to know the location of the file(s) you wish to edit. For you dialer theme, here is a link with all the image locations.
    Patch Phone Edit Dialer Theme - WebOS Internals
    Step 2 lists all the locations.
    Now copy and paste the location of the file into quickinstall, and save.
    Edit the file to your liking.
    Now click send file through Quickinstall.
    Copy the location of where the files go (excluding the name of the image) and paste that into the quick install.
    Browse for the image on your pc, and click upload.
    Thats all.
    A restart may be required to view the images you edited.

Let me know if this works for ya.
    This may be abit to ask, but I wonder if you could give abit more info on this. Could you provide a bit more detail by walking us threough an example in detail. I would be truly grateful as I think your method may be the best I have heard to do editing like this without rooting.
    i'm a beginner, so i have a question. if i do change the dialer pad on my pre.. can i change it back to default easily?
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherxmarieee View Post
    i'm a beginner, so i have a question. if i do change the dialer pad on my pre.. can i change it back to default easily?
    Yes you can. IF you change it via WebOs QuickInstall Tweaks, you simply have to hook the Pre back to the computer, run QI Tweaks again, and just UNCHECK the options for Dialer Background Change.

It will set them back to the default ones
    thank you for that information also, i noticed you have the battery percentage life on the homescreen of your pre, can you tell me how i would go about making that do it on mine?
    thank you for that information also, i noticed you have the battery percentage life on the homescreen of your pre, can you tell me how i would go about making that do it on mine?
    Also one of the Tweaks available on WebOs Quick Install

EASY PEASY!
    hey, my pre is not rooted or anything its basically completely stock. I tried adding the battery percentage thing, and it made the top of my screen all white and i cant see the carrier or the logos on the very top? any reason or idea why? plus i lost sound.
    hey, my pre is not rooted or anything its basically completely stock. I tried adding the battery percentage thing, and it made the top of my screen all white and i cant see the carrier or the logos on the very top? any reason or idea why? plus i lost sound.
    Did you use WebOs Quick Install? and were you in Development mode?
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast