Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonk13 View Post
    Madolen, dude you themes are pretty sweet and I'm glad someone is finally putting it all down and helping us non-techy guys get some customizations done....

anyways, i'm kissing your a_s because i was kinda curious if you could make a Gears of War Theme with sweet COG icons. I know it's a lot of time and what not, but if you charged, i would pay. You stuff rocks and I will wait, but no one has made a sweet one yet.

Anyways...I'm keepin an eye out for some sweet XBox game themes. left4dead would be epic as well.

THANKS
    Thanks, I can add this to my list.. Left for dead will probably be first since there is already a gears of war theme on this site.. I can take a swing at it eventually. Keep you eyes peeled.

Nick
    You guys are doing a great job with the themes. it has made this the best phone ive ever owned so far. I really love the landscape text messaging. is it at all possible to add this into a theme? I have had so much trouble getting this to work. if not i will just try to root my phone. This would be very sweet. just a suggestion. I will be donating to the cause. great site with prethemer and very easy!
    I would like a full soccer theme if at all possible. I love your work and am willing to donate for it. Even better if at all possible would be a LA Galaxy.
    So Preware now installs themes. but when installing a new theme it over writes the old theme but still shows as if the old theme is still installed and you can not reapply the old theme till you remove it first even if you have removed your current theme... then you can install the new theme.. i hope that makes sense.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    So Preware now installs themes. but when installing a new theme it over writes the old theme but still shows as if the old theme is still installed and you can not reapply the old theme till you remove it first even if you have removed your current theme... then you can install the new theme.. i hope that makes sense.
    I believe I read in the Preware thread that they're recommending that you uninstall a theme before installing a new one. What this will do is restore the original Pre theme in which you can do a fresh theme install, so to speak.

Edit: This is what was asked and the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Thanks Rod for the clarification.

So say I install a theme from preware and I want to change it, the best way would be uninstall the current one (so that original files are restored) and then install another and shouldn't jump from one to the other?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, we're looking at ways to enforce that in Preware.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I'll have to check it out, but I am confused as to why you have to revert back to the original theme before installing a new one?? As long as the file names are the same why cant they just be overwritten??

I have class till 9:20 pm tonight (eastern), but I will check this out if I get a chance
    It's not REQUIRED, but it's recommended.

Scenario: Theme A themes everything in every app. Theme B themes everything but the phone. You install Theme B over Theme A without first removing Theme A, the result will be Theme B with Theme A's phone theme. Make sense?

To be safe, always uninstall a theme before installing a new one. I'll be compiling a list of FAQs and will add this to that.

And just in case you need it, here's the original theme: com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all.ipk
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    I'll have to check it out, but I am confused as to why you have to revert back to the original theme before installing a new one?? As long as the file names are the same why cant they just be overwritten??

I have class till 9:20 pm tonight (eastern), but I will check this out if I get a chance
    you do not have to revert back for the new theme to work. Just that preware shows the old theme still installed... so lets say i install theme number 1 now i install theme 2 now i want to go back to theme 1 i can not go back to theme 1 because preware shows it as already installed the only choice you get is remove before you can reapply theme 1. I am wonder when installing a new theme i wonder if there is a way to check to see if a theme is already installed... if there is herhaps make it restore the original theme before installing the new theme it should only be a matter of seconds but no luna restart till the new theme is restored first.

so theme 1 installed now i want to install theme 2... oh wait there is a theme installed already so have to uninstall that theme then install theme 2 now restart luna.
    MatterOfFactJack
    We are working on theme uninstalling when you install a new theme, but please see my post right above your own post for another (more important) reason why it's not a good idea to install a theme over another.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    you do not have to revert back for the new theme to work. Just that preware shows the old theme still installed... so lets say i install theme number 1 now i install theme 2 now i want to go back to theme 1 i can not go back to theme 1 because preware shows it as already installed the only choice you get is remove before you can reapply theme 1. I am wonder when installing a new theme i wonder if there is a way to check to see if a theme is already installed... if there is herhaps make it restore the original theme before installing the new theme it should only be a matter of seconds but no luna restart till the new theme is restored first.

so theme 1 installed now i want to install theme 2... oh wait there is a theme installed already so have to uninstall that theme then install theme 2 now restart luna.
    You could create a file that would identify to the program that a theme is installed... It wouldn't do anything else except represent that a theme is installed.. That way the program could scan for that "marker" file.. If its present then it would restore you phone back to stock prior to installing a new theme...

WHat do you think about this idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    We are working on theme uninstalling when you install a new theme, but please see my post right above your own post for another (more important) reason why it's not a good idea to install a theme over another.
    you bring up a good point.. Which is why an auto uninstall of your current theme would be ver helpful. I have not looked at any of the theme packages but if they each use the same app I'd then I think in turn installing theme over theme shouldn't be a problem if that's the case but if that's not the case then like I said you are right that is another important thing to look at.
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    You could create a file that would identify to the program that a theme is installed... It wouldn't do anything else except represent that a theme is installed.. That way the program could scan for that "marker" file.. If its present then it would restore you phone back to stock prior to installing a new theme...

WHat do you think about this idea?
    bassically if you have app to detect a current theme is installed it would have to auto uninstall the package of whatever theme you have currently have going for preware to know that the theme package has indeed been removed.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Right, as mentioned, I'm hoping they will have this updated in PreWare. As for installing over themes, like I said, it's not going to work if one theme doesn't include an image that another does.

One way around this (which we originally did) is to include the themed images as well as the default images so each installation was effectively a wipe and retheming, but #1 it made the filesizes way too big, and #2 not sure Palm would've liked that.

As for including an auto-uninstall, that's beyond the scope of the PreThemer site, it would need to be added functionality to PreWare and/or WOQI (or a PreThemer app)

Haven't done much...Just changed the carrier string/color and battery % symbol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

can u make a los angeles lakers theme? i would greatly appreciate it!
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdipiazza View Post
    can u make a los angeles lakers theme? i would greatly appreciate it!
    Added to my list
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    you would be my personal hero if you could put together a Batman theme. The Batsignal as the screen unlock button would be perfect. Loving your work!

just realized you had an Arkham Asylum request in there, so that would work too! :-)
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar83 View Post
    you would be my personal hero if you could put together a Batman theme. The Batsignal as the screen unlock button would be perfect. Loving your work!

just realized you had an Arkham Asylum request in there, so that would work too! :-)
    I can look into this for sure... but I do know of another themer who is working on a batman theme Keep your eyes peeled
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar83 View Post

It's not incredibly detailed, but this may tide you over until madolen gets some free time

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Web site link posted on original post
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Themes are all compatible with webos quick install 2.5
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast