Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    give me one sec...
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Premie65 View Post
    its says "cp: cannot stat ' cp usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-firstuse.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png' : No such file or directory
    I just double checked the code on my phone..

If you COPY and PASTE those commands in and they dont work then that means your phone wont let you access the phone directories while its booting...

Try the commands once more.. if they dont work your goind to have to download the WebOS doctor from palm... and restore your pre to factory

LET ME know what you end up doing
    same thing man... I'll run the doctor now, will I lose all the pictures on my pre???
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    same thing man... I'll run the doctor now, will I lose all the pictures on my pre???
    Yeap your gunna loose everything that isnt on your palm profile...

How did you end up loading such big images on your phone... Didn't you use my themes as a template>?

Sorry i couldnt help, I know how you feel I have used the WebOS doctor 15 times and counting
    I used everything from your theme but just change the images... I already had done my bootlogo using the guy on youtubes tutorial, but i change one little thing in the bootlogo and saved it to a png file but in my excitement I didnt notice the size till the image came up... sucks man, i had some awesome pics too. Oh well... Thanks for the help tho, really appreciate it... fones setting up now
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I used everything from your theme but just change the images... I already had done my bootlogo using the guy on youtubes tutorial, but i change one little thing in the bootlogo and saved it to a png file but in my excitement I didnt notice the size till the image came up... sucks man, i had some awesome pics too. Oh well... Thanks for the help tho, really appreciate it... fones setting up now
    If you need anything else just let me know
    one quick ?... when I copy one of your codes to putty, do I hit enter after every code?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    one quick ?... when I copy one of your codes to putty, do I hit enter after every code?
    Highlight a whole section and then paste them into PUTTY -- HIT ENTER

It will then do all of the code you pasted.. once the command prompt reappears enter the next section of code

You do not have to paste it in line by line!!

Did you see my newest theme?
    Yeah Bro... was checking it out, you kicked sum @$$ again man. I was asking cuz I only did a few changes... so you think the image size killed my fone???
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Yeah Bro... was checking it out, you kicked sum @$$ again man. I was asking cuz I only did a few changes... so you think the image size killed my fone???
    The images cannot have a pixel size larger than 320 X 480... so yes that is for sure what messed up your phone...

What kinda theme are you making?
    Spiderman... I do kid partys as spiderman so of course its gotta be Spidey. I saw your vid for the Lost boot up, what size is that Logo?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Spiderman... I do kid partys as spiderman so of course its gotta be Spidey. I saw your vid for the Lost boot up, what size is that Logo?

It is 320 X 480 (pixels):

If you wanna make sure your boot logo is the right size just edit one of the ones in my themes -- As long as you dont resize the image canvas you will be fine...

Did you like the effect of the bootlogo??
    F@*k Yea!!! See man... I wanna do sumthing like that, make sumone say "what the faa" and WISH they had a fone like this, hahaha... well looks like I gotta start adding friends and family to my contacts, sucks... but Ill give it another shot tomorrow. Nick, Thanks again man
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    F@*k Yea!!! See man... I wanna do sumthing like that, make sumone say "what the faa" and WISH they had a fone like this, hahaha... well looks like I gotta start adding friends and family to my contacts, sucks... but Ill give it another shot tomorrow. Nick, Thanks again man
    Didnt you turn on automatic backup on your palm accout??? All of your contacts should be automatically restored to your phone from your palm account....
    ??? how do you check, my lady is the account holder
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    ??? how do you check, my lady is the account holder
    Go to your contacts are there any there??

The backup has an icon on the same page as your other phone settings in the laucher...

If you go to palm.com you can login to your palm account...
    Nah, no contacts... I dont see where to login @ palm.com..?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Nah, no contacts... I dont see where to login @ palm.com..?
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface
    Sweet theme as always!
    Keep Brewing All Ye Homebrew Underground!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    awesome themes!! thanks!!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast