Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    So I moronically overwrote my web backup icon, anyone know where I can get a replacement? Not your fault, Sarah, user error.

---Edit-----
    Nevermind, got it

Used WebOS Doctor jar link from here
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions

Then in the WebOS.tar in the jar
    .\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar\.\usr\palm\applications\
    Last edited by Kyusaku; 08/01/2009 at 08:07 AM.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    So I moronically overwrote my web backup icon, anyone know where I can get a replacement? Not your fault, Sarah, user error.

---Edit-----
    Nevermind, got it

Used WebOS Doctor jar link from here
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Then in the WebOS.tar in the jar
    .\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar\.\usr\palm\applications\
    I have this as well originals.zip
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    So I've been working on my Zelda theme; think my boot screens are fairly solid, but i'm hitting a couple snags in terms of finding the right icon to replace existing icons. ie: the lantern for the flashlight prog, navi for messaging (@sil3ntoblivion: thx for that one, navi was too good to pass up). would be up for some ideas.

I uploaded my current scheme, the triforce is my launcher, and the bottle is actually my update icon, i was just messing around. I also uploaded my bootup screen and my lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeton View Post
    So I've been working on my Zelda theme; think my boot screens are fairly solid, but i'm hitting a couple snags in terms of finding the right icon to replace existing icons. ie: the lantern for the flashlight prog, navi for messaging (@sil3ntoblivion: thx for that one, navi was too good to pass up). would be up for some ideas.

I uploaded my current scheme, the triforce is my launcher, and the bottle is actually my update icon, i was just messing around. I also uploaded my bootup screen and my lock.

Use the PictoBox from Wind Waker maybe for camera? Compass for Sprint Nav? Sea Chart for the web?
    I was just going though this site Zelda Universe - All the Zelda info you need.

And looking through game items getting ideas. And yeah I really like Wind Waker. Possibly my favorite Zelda game.
    thats a good time
    root@castle:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser# sudo wget http://s121.p
    hotobucket.com/albums/o228/williammays_2006/
    Connecting to s121.photobucket.com (209.17.69.19:80)
    wget: can't open 'index.html': File exists
    root@castle:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser#

hey guys if you could help me out that would be great. it says that everytime i try to type in the url and doesnt do anythin. HELP!! thanks...

That looks amazing! once you have it complete could you post your icons? My biggest issue was finding good quality ones (I'm not graphically inclined XD)

You could change the App store icon to a Rupee, The Nascar icon to Epona's carrot (assuming you still have the nascar app installed)
    Last edited by sil3ntoblivion; 08/04/2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: adding suggestion
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I like the lamp for the flashlight but navi could have better uses......

I dont really have any suggestions but meh!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I just had a pretty good idea. for the sprint nav you should use the hawkeye mask...... making it more usefull than it is in the game!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Looks cool
    Can anyone help me?? Everytime i sudo wget my icon from photobucket it says that the "file exists" and then says done. but i reboot the phone and my icon either stays the same or changes to a dark circle with a half moon..any suggestions that would be helpful...
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I am not going to lie. I am completely lost. I only just got my pre yesterday and I can usually figure all this out. not this time. I don't get how to root my phone. I have read a million tutorials but they are speaking Chinese to me. Is there any easy way to do retheme my phone or should I wait for an app that will help?
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmays87 View Post
    Can anyone help me?? Everytime i sudo wget my icon from photobucket it says that the "file exists" and then says done. but i reboot the phone and my icon either stays the same or changes to a dark circle with a half moon..any suggestions that would be helpful...

What is the name of the file you downloaded? Whatever it is you will have to type this:

Code:
    sudo mv faultyfilename.png icon.png
    So if i downloaded an icon and the filename is adfasdfsdfe.png, I would have to type in

Code:
    sudo mv adfasdfsdfe.png icon.png
    If you need help type "ls" and post your results here or pm them to me.

@gmsols what spot are you stuck on? If you are running windows 32 Bit this would be the best tut for rooting. Accessing linux

I wouldn't wait for an app as there is to much fun stuff you can do once you have access.
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    thanks for the positive feedback and input.

first off, sorry sarah, i didn't mean to hijack your forum. for those of you who are interested, i've gone ahead and began a zelda theme forum over here.

@sarah peterman: i was wondering if you happened to know how to change the calender and pandora icons, or even possibly, the folder where the homebrew apps are located, so i can change their icons as well.
  15.    #75  
    @sarah peterman: i was wondering if you happened to know how to change the calender and pandora icons, or even possibly, the folder where the homebrew apps are located, so i can change their icons as well.

The calendar icons are located here: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/launcher

Pandora and other app store apps are located here:/var/usr/palm/applications

Default location for homebrew apps are in: /usr/palm/applications
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    @sarah peterman

Cool, I will check that out when I get home. You refer to terminal. Is that the app thing that I have to install? I saw a wiki about it. I have to program it in and such? Then from the actual pre I can pick up on your tutorial right?
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    What is the name of the file you downloaded? Whatever it is you will have to type this:

Code:
    sudo mv faultyfilename.png icon.png
    So if i downloaded an icon and the filename is adfasdfsdfe.png, I would have to type in

Code:
    sudo mv adfasdfsdfe.png icon.png
    If you need help type "ls" and post your results here or pm them to me.

@gmsols what spot are you stuck on? If you are running windows 32 Bit this would be the best tut for rooting. Accessing linux

I wouldn't wait for an app as there is to much fun stuff you can do once you have access.
    yea i took the icons you posted up and tried it out but no luck. and i dont have the terminal thing. do i need that? but yea ill try that out and let u kno what happens...thanks alot for the help i appreciate it...
    Will they ever make this easier to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by truth13 View Post
    Will they ever make this easier to do?
    Thats exactly what i was thinkin!! Just make an app already to do this!! im pretty sure it can be done. im surprised it hasnt been done already!! With all this knowledge they couldve built a time machine already if they put there minds to it!! LMAO
    silly question: I'm pretty sure I've rooted my Pre, so that means I just have to run novaterm, right? Because when I type a sudo command, I get this error: "/bin/sh: sudo: not found" so I'm wondering if I'm doing this rooting procedure incorrectly or something else.

Follow up question: can I do all of this within Linux (Ubuntu)? I hate having to switch to Windows!

Help please!

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast