Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 107
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    is there a standard size limit the icons have to be...like 32x32, or 64x64?
    All the icons that I've worked with are 64x64.
  2.    #22  
    Hey guys I wanted to share the images that I have so far. I was able to get the launcher icon changed to mario on a box, so here's everything.

    Unknown_2009-28-07_173154.jpg

    plain.pngPlain box just add the text of the app and upload.
    launcher.png this goes here /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher

    web.pngcam.pngmsg.pngcloud.pngflytrap.pngUntitled.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sarah peterman; 07/29/2009 at 07:08 AM.
  3. idiuidie's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #23  
    Score! Thank you!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by idiuidie View Post
    Score! Thank you!
    Hey no problem. I hope to see more themes come out soon.
  5. Kelley B's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #25  
    Great work.

    I'm constantly amazed by what people can do in such a short period of time. Sadly, most users don't recognize the time, effort, process, and diligence it takes to develop tools, apps, and special items like this...typically for FREE!!

    Add me to the list of people who appreciate the effort.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelley B View Post
    Great work.

    I'm constantly amazed by what people can do in such a short period of time. Sadly, most users don't recognize the time, effort, process, and diligence it takes to develop tools, apps, and special items like this...typically for FREE!!

    Add me to the list of people who appreciate the effort.
    Wow, I feel a little lost for words, thank you!
  7. sushi's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    #27  
    With the launcher changes you've made, that is completely awesome. Great work!
  8. #28  
    sarah would it be too much to provide a step by step of how to change the launcher and icons....
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    sarah would it be too much to provide a step by step of how to change the launcher and icons....
    No not at all. I should have that done by tonight or tomorrow :-)

    Thanks sushi :-)
  10. #30  
    Very nice work! I need to start working on some themes too. I don't mind rooting at all... Actually, i've done alot of it lately. Its kinda fun to modify almost every aspect or your phone lol.

    And, of course, by "rooting" I mean "accessing linux"...
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Very nice work! I need to start working on some themes too. I don't mind rooting at all... Actually, i've done alot of it lately. Its kinda fun to modify almost every aspect or your phone lol.

    And, of course, by "rooting" I mean "accessing linux"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Very nice work! I need to start working on some themes too. I don't mind rooting at all... Actually, i've done alot of it lately. Its kinda fun to modify almost every aspect or your phone lol.

    And, of course, by "rooting" I mean "accessing linux"...
    Thank you. I agree as well. Before this I had a LG Shine. Customization wasn't one of the things you could do on it. :-( Not like this anyhow.


    Here's the tutorial then.

    How to theme your Palm Pre

    Upload your themed icons to your favorite storage or photo site.

    In terminal navigate to the first application that is on your bar. Mine is the browser so we'll start off with that.

    Code:
     cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/
    Then type:

    Code:
    sudo mv icon.png  icon.png.backup
    <--if you plan on theming your Pre a lot I would recommend that after the first backup you ignore this step and from then on use this command-->
    Code:
    sudo rm icon.png
    This way, your original Palm Pre icons will remain as backup and each time you theme you aren't wasting space by keeping old themed icons.

    Next:

    Code:
    sudo wget (url of where your browser icon is located)
    Now let's say your next icon on your quick launch bar is the camera.

    Type:

    Code:
    sudo cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/
    make your backup (if needed) then sudo wget.

    Continue on with the next app by changing directory, making backups, and downloading your icon. The only deviation from the above would be with the calendar. The icons (all 31 of them) can be found here: "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/launcher".

    And the launcher icons can be found here: "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher".

    EDITED TO ADD: All icons have to be named icon.png, unless you are changing the calendar icons. They have to be in named as such icon-1.png, icon-2.png.
    Last edited by sarah peterman; 07/30/2009 at 12:33 PM.
  12. #32  
    how do i know the exact name of the app for instance my launcher bar consist of phone, contacts, messages, emails, and the launcher button.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    how do i know the exact name of the app for instance my launcher bar consist of phone, contacts, messages, emails, and the launcher button.
    Phone icon would be here: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone
    Contacts: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts
    Messager: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging
    Email: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email
    Launcher: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher

    If you ever change your icons, when in this folder /usr/palm/applications/ you can type "ls" and see all the applications. For the most part the app matches the folder name or is pretty close to it.
  14. #34  
    ok...thank u very much....are your mario icons as big as the default icons or is there a way to make sure my icons wont be too big or small?
  15. #35  
    im getting this error....any ideas?

    root@castle:/# cd /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher
    root@castle:/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher# mv icon.png to icon.png.backu
    p
    mv: cannot rename 'icon.png': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot rename 'to': No such file or directory
    root@castle:/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher# sudo mv icon.png to icon.png.
    backup
    mv: cannot rename 'icon.png': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot rename 'to': No such file or directory
    root@castle:/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher#
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    im getting this error....any ideas?

    root@castle:/# cd /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher
    root@castle:/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher# mv icon.png to icon.png.backu
    p
    mv: cannot rename 'icon.png': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot rename 'to': No such file or directory
    root@castle:/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher# sudo mv icon.png to icon.png.
    backup
    mv: cannot rename 'icon.png': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot rename 'to': No such file or directory
    root@castle:/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher#
    Heh, my fault, call me a n00b. there should be no "to" in mv icon.png to icon.png.backup

    try
    Code:
    mv icon.png icon.png.backup
    or

    Code:
    sudo mv icon.png icon.png.backup
  17. #37  
    AND after i make a back up. if i wanna go back to the default icon for whatever reason, how would i go about that? and i think im the n00b...lol
  18. #38  
    and after trying to change the launcher icon it changed to a dark circle with a moon....and it wont accept any other pic....any idea why?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    AND after i make a back up. if i wanna go back to the default icon for whatever reason, how would i go about that? and i think im the n00b...lol

    and after trying to change the launcher icon it changed to a dark circle with a moon....and it wont accept any other pic....any idea why?
    Try this

    Code:
    sudo mv icon.png.backup icon.png
    What you are doing is you are renaming you backup to icon.png

    And I don't think you are a n00b, at least you are trying :-)

    What icon are you trying to use, can you post it here?

    And type "ls" into terminal and can you post the results here?
    Last edited by sarah peterman; 07/30/2009 at 11:44 AM.
  20. #40  
    yea i got the dark circle with the moon too. GREAT F'N JOB BY THE WAY!!! but yea anyway to get like a more thorough guide on how to do this. THNKS!!!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions