Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I'm curious, the little yellow lock icon that we have to move around, is it possible to alter that? I'd imagine its just another .png, but who knows.

I haven't really searched through all the image files on the pre, so maybe in the next day or so I'll do that ,see if I can't come up with something.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Looks like they are in usr/palm/sysmgr/images

screen-lock-padlock-on.png
    screen-lock-padlock-off.png
    What did you change it to? anything cool?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Haven't had time to. Its a simple edit really, I just need some alone time on my computer with photoshop. D= I'll definitely post images I use though.
    I have a question... Were can I acces the user/palm/sysmgr/images ...I mean like where is it located or how do I open it up to make this change
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Bump. Does anyone know where/how I can access /user/palm/sysmgr/images so I can change my screen lock image to something different?
    Thanks
    Most if not all the theme's change the lock Icon, you could just go to one of the themer tutorials as see if it's mentioned there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapiozona View Post
    Bump. Does anyone know where/how I can access /user/palm/sysmgr/images so I can change my screen lock image to something different?
    Thanks
    You can use Terminal or Internalz to copy the file to the USB partition (/media/internal). Transfer it to your PC, modify it, copy it back to where it came from, done.
    I changed mine to a Yankee logo (grey when locked, Blue with a white outline when pressing it)... here it is for anyone who wants it...

Also, I hated how the "fading" on the lock screen covered up a little too much of my background. So, here are 2 more files that you can upload to the same directory to make the fading a little less noticeable!

Enjoy!

Also, the easiest way to get these on your phone is to use webOS Quick Install and use the "Send File" option
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by duhimluvd View Post
    I have a question... Were can I acces the user/palm/sysmgr/images ...I mean like where is it located or how do I open it up to make this change
    you can extract the file using webos quick install to your desktop. Change it to whatever, and send it back using webos qi. I put my daughter's face.

It has to be a certain size though, otherwise, notifications wont show up properly (at least while sitting on a touchstone)
    I managed to copy the various files for changing the Lock Screen using Internalz and copying from /user/palm/sysmgr/images to /media/internal/ successfully; however, when I try to copy the altered files back, I can't simply point to /user/palm/sysmgr/images or find it. I've been searching folder by folder with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm a newbie to all this, but have searched the forums and google with no luck.
    I too wanted to personalize the lock image and after experiencing the same disappearing file heirarchy that tonymoebius did I finally managed to get my new images loaded!

Locating the necessary files was fairly simple using internalz and the guidance offered here. I copied the files to a folder in the DCIM so I could ensure I had exact file names and image sizes. Then I selected some images from my own photo files on the pc, made the necessary image size and pixel changes to be identical to the Palm original images; copied and pasted the file names to the new image files.

now from here is where there was a bit of a problem. It was NOT just a simple re-copy back to the original file - for some reason when working with internalz moving or copying the file will NOT bring back the original file structure so I couldn't find the original file!

SO what I had to do was as AUdemars02 suggested - use Webosqi to install them. THank goodness JP22382 had written down the actual file path: usr/palm/sysmgr/images ( because I didn't - thinking I could just reinstall from where I found them) and I typed in the file path to webosqi using the "send file" command. Getting a file installed successfully after each file was sent was encouraging!

I was not prompted to, but I did a restart anyway and voila! My new lock images are working! I also changed an image that came with my theme - and so far so good - all seems to be working!

Seems like a small thing - changing a simple image but it helps to really personalize my PRE!

Thanks for all the suggestions in this thread!

Last edited by Forgewizard; 12/02/2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: make my life easier and correct typos, add images of my lock icon changes
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    nevermind
    Last edited by Tapiozona; 10/12/2010 at 12:49 PM.
    This is not a bad idea, I was thinking of changing the lock icon to a space ship and the bars that show up when dragging the lock icon to clouds.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    My artist skills are worse than a 2 year old. If someone could take the Calgary Flames (horsehead) logo and make him shoot flames through his nostrils as you drag it up...... I would...... I would.... I'd probably hit the Thanks button on your name ........ A LOT ......
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Can someone upload the originals?? I deleted mine when I put new ones in (stupid I know) and want to rework the originals.

Thanks guys.
    thanks! I finally went and changed this. Didn't like any of the themes, just wanted a different lock icon

Doctoring or resetting, here's a checklist!