Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By creepingmee
  1.    #1  
    A few weeks ago the 4 Yahoo mail accounts I have connected through Synergy in my Touchpad stopped working one by one over the course of a week. They're not in heavy use, so I just let the warnings sit there, figuring it might be a certificate issue that might fix itself. Now I'm actually trying to make them work, and they just won't. Changed yahoo passwords, updated new passwords on the TP, and still get a "bad password" error. Anybody have currently working synergy with yahoo mail?
    I'll check my Touchpad, but I'm syncing a Yahoo account with my Pre3 still, and it's working fine.
    Yes, but...
    https://arstechnica.com/security/201...e-been-stolen/
    I'm having problems with the TP. I suspect 'corrupt database'. There is a fix for that, but I'd need to check
  4.    #4  
    Will have to keep on trying. Good to know it isn't universally dead.
    Mine had been working until last week were it crapped out on my pre3. I was unable to re-add it as a synergy account, so I just imap my yahoo email on the pre3. Now every day or two it tells me I have bad login credentials and I have to re enter the password. Then it works in imap to get my email. This is frustrating.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    I wonder if it's the lack of 2 factor authentication. Perhaps the server knocks back the login occasionally? I've had this in the past where there's a refusal to connect, but re-entering the PW seems to resolve it temporarily and eventually it settles down. I'm currently OK with palm.imap.yaho.com, but there's no purple 'Y' so I guess this is generic. It'll probably break tomorrow.... and it's not like Yahoo mail has a reputation any more!

I'm entirely speculating here, but you could try logging in to Yahoo with a client like Thunderbird or Outlook or via the web from your computer. If there's some kind of alert coming from the TP, a login from the same / similar IP with PW entry & a modern client / browser might reassure an algorithim (that I've probably totally invented in my head!).
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/20/2017 at 09:15 PM.
    My Yahoo mail account finally stopped working on my Touchpad and Pre3 after March 15. Removed and re-added as generic IMAP. Expect to get login errors every few days like creepingmee.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk