Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Misj'
  • 1 Post By manu-palmpre
  1.    #1  
    This week on both Palm Pre2 and HP Touchpad, contacts had been mixed up.

On Pre2, removing and restoring the Micosoft Echange account fixed the issue while on the Touchpad it did not work.
    And all contacts got not only wrongly linked (up to 60 for some), but they are also duplicated in my WebOS contacts list (google one).
    And on the TP, I could not find any way to remove the duplicated accounts.

Any suggestion would be welcome.

Thx a lot in advance.
  2.    #2  
    Actually DB seems to be corrupted. No way to edit/add/remove a contact and CPU is used 100%.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Can Cellebrite export get the data out? Even if the data is jumbled, you would at least have a copy you could attempt to fix.

Well, I suppose you have that in Google, but maybe it's not so easy to manipulate.
    Quote Originally Posted by manu-palmpre View Post
    And all contacts got not only wrongly linked (up to 60 for some), but they are also duplicated in my WebOS contacts list (google one).
    And on the TP, I could not find any way to remove the duplicated accounts. [/quote

Any suggestion would be welcome..
    A little over a year ago I did some work on a contact-delinker app; someone I know had a similar problem to yours.

It is in very early alpha, and I never got around to actually finishing it...for a number of reasons. But the main feature is there: de-linking contacts even when the contacts-app won't allow you to do it.

Bear in mind: I have only tested the app on two Touchpads, of which only one had major problems in the contacts database. Also, the app will de-link all contacts associated with a selected person, so you probably will want to link some of them again manually in the contacts app afterwards. I cannot guarantee that contacts won't falsely relink (eventually), although from my experience it won't. Finally: use at your own risk. Nothing malicious should happen, and there is no reason why the database should be corrupted any further by this app (it actually uses the same commands as the contacts-app for de-linking, but in bulk; which is the reason why it works).

A short manual (from memory, because I don't have my Touchpad with me):
    • Install and open the App (I would probably do at least a Luna restart first, but it shouldn't be needed)
    • Click on the link icon at the bottom of the left panel (to sort by number of linked contacts associated with a person)
    • Click one of the erronous people (it may also have a warning next to it...the app tries to guess which people have wrongly linked contacts, but I don't remember whether I fully implemented that)
    • In the right panel in the top-right click the delinker button (it's the only one of the set of three that will actually work)
    • Press 'Do it' and wait for it to finish
    • You can now repeat this process for other contacts (or to see the effects restart the app, because I do not update the list until a reset, or open the contacts-app)

There is some more to explore in the app, like orphan contacts (contacts that exist but are not linked to a parent) or redundant contacts (contacts that exist only 'in the memory of' a person but not as a contact themselves) shown in red. These are directly related to the false linking as far as I've seen, and they are also one of the reasons why de-linking them in the contacts-app - if at all possible - won't solve the problem. Such contacts are shown in red. I don't remember whether you can still access those contacts after clean-up in the contacts app, or even in my contacts-delinker, but that wasn't at the time my main concern.

In my limited experience (n=1) you should be able to use the contacts-app as normal after clean-up; including adding, editing, and removing contacts.

Finally, it was a bit of a rush-job, so the code itself was very quick and dirty and relied on another (mostly abandoned) project I was working on at the time. There is a lot of redundant code in there, so please never look at the source.

So...no guarantees, but it's something you can try. Let me know if it works.

You can download the app here: http://www.banneret.nl/webos/apps/co..._0.0.1_all.ipk

EDIT: corrected some wording in the manual, after I checked it on my Touchpad. Also corrected some other (textual) errors.
    Last edited by Misj'; 05/04/2016 at 01:04 AM.
    Preemptive likes this.
  5.    #5  
    I have installed your app and followed your instructions.

At first I am very impressed, I was expecting a very raw solution and it is actually a real App, pretty nicely designed. And it did the job as you discribed.

My contacts are no longer mixed-up and I can now know who is sending emails and messages.

I do thank you VERY much about that.

Unfortunately everything is not solved and LunaSystemManager is still eating 100% CPU and I cannot remove or add any contacts. I am now considering removing all contacts an import them again. Would you have an idea about the way to do it?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    As mentioned above:
    Export all your contacts | webOS Nation ---> see also Backup advice--->
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/06/2016 at 08:36 AM.
  7.    #7  
    I have additional good news actually.
    I left the TP for a day and it seems that once contacts had been unlinked, tablet managed additional clean up.

Now all my ghost contacts from MS Exchange account I deleted couple of days ago are gone. And I can now add/remove/modify contacts as before.

So problem looks solve and I am very grateful.

Last question, probably not related to the contacts list issue. When I was monitoring the process (using Linux top commande), I noticed that both core of the CPU were 100% used. Now "just" one of the 2.
    I now wonder if I have another issue and would like to ask if you notice the same on your WebOS device (LunaSysMgr using 100% CPU permanently - see attached screenshot).
    FYI I am running LunaCE 4.9.5 on my TP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Misj' likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by manu-palmpre View Post
    I now wonder if I have another issue and would like to ask if you notice the same on your WebOS device (LunaSysMgr using 100% CPU permanently - see attached screenshot).
    FYI I am running LunaCE 4.9.5 on my TP.
    The device that had the problem is - unfortunately - no longer available (it met with a power problem while on holiday and that fried its battery). So I can't test it, and I didn't test it at the time. But we didn't notice any weird battery-drains or anything indicating an overly active CPU, as far as I remember.

But I'm glad to hear that most of the problems appear to be solved. Because it at least makes email, messaging, etc. on your device usable again. Glad to be of help.