Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Mine's not working again, so I'll reboot.

I don't think I have the patch, but I'll check.

UPDATE: According to Preware (not sure if this records installations via other services), I only have the youtube & google https patches installed. The reboot didn't seem to result in push email, but I think I jumped straight into manually checking, which worked.

If a reboot enables proper function, this obviously suggests that correct settings / function are preserved but something must change after a time. (hours). I'll try a support message to Yahoo to see if it's anything at their end.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/01/2014 at 07:16 AM.
    Hmm, as it turns out, I don't have the patch on this Pre2 either. Guess that proves that it isn't the patch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Hmm, as it turns out, I don't have the patch on this Pre2 either. Guess that proves that it isn't the patch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I have two yahoo accounts...it seems one of them is working ok...the other keeps running into this problem every few hours...and the only way to recover is to reboot....

i also get "login error" with triangle signs on both accounts every now and then...

I have palm pre (1.4.5) and have no issues of this kind on either of the yahoo accounts....so much for the touchpad 3.0.5 (lol)..

thanks all
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Tip – Fix Google Account Authentication Error | pivotCE

This reminded me. I got a generic response from Yahoo - telling me the POP settings which I don't want.

However, I checked my settings and saw that my Yahoo 'switches' were all on - including for services I don't use. This must have been from me recreating the account. So I switched the unneeded ones off and now I'm not getting that annoying, "Syncing accounts" notification and mail seems to work fine since.

Theory: If calendar or messaging no longer work, maybe the problem was when the device tried to sync these?

I think I'm going to start a 'service pack' thread. I think it's worth bundling a few key patches together to keep the popular services working.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/07/2014 at 07:31 AM.
    Are any bold yahoo users here? I'm still looking for beta-testers of a caldav/carddav connector for open webos which also works on legacy (2.2.4, 2.1.x only with a patch, 3.0.5) and should work for yahoo contact & calendar sync.
    If anybody wants to try it, feel free to contact me.
    I just created a new contact on yahoo - no sync even when pressing the 'sync now' button.

I guess I'll try the patch - and I'm beta testing the new connectors above.
    Update: I installed the patch and my new test contact synced first time (I initiated the sync). So that works. Thanks very much.

I've also signed up to test the new connectors mentioned above. ^
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Hola: estoy teniendo problemas para que el sistema entre a una de mis cuentas de yahoo; tengo un pre3 2.2.4 y me esta pidiendo que verifique nombre y contraseña, pero al hacerlo dice que "no se puede validar la configuración del servidor de correo" (entrante aveces y saliente otras). "Verifica la configuración y vuelve a intentarlo."
    Si le doy Iniciar sesión, dice: "Error desconocido" , "interrupción de la conección".
    Tengo otra cuenta en yahoo y hasta ahora funciona bien. Tratando de ver si tenia problemas en mi touchpad, descubri que si, pero solo en esa cuenta.
    I am seeing Yahoo (contact?) Sync problem again (Unknown Error). This is on Touchpad running 3.0.5 version. I have the initial Yahoo Contact Sync patch (April 2014) installed. I just noticed the same issue again today.

Is anybody else seeing this issue again?

Thanks.
    Last edited by palmpre06062009; 08/12/2014 at 10:02 AM.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Are any bold yahoo users here? I'm still looking for beta-testers of a caldav/carddav connector for open webos which also works on legacy (2.2.4, 2.1.x only with a patch, 3.0.5) and should work for yahoo contact & calendar sync.
    If anybody wants to try it, feel free to contact me.
    quiero probar
    Any ideas on adaptation of this patch for the Palm Pixi Plus running 1.4.5.1? Been browsing through the PalmDatabase.db3 for yahoo contacts sync URL settings so that I could change the http to https but not having any luck. Would really like some advice. Thanks. See lots of advise for the Pre but not near as much for the Palm Pixi Plus.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12