Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Saijin_Naib
  • 2 Post By gizmo21
  • 1 Post By susanhilary
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone!!!

Just as say the title: I canīt sync the Facebook contacts to my Pre3 as before (just a couple of months...)!!! I tried to log out of my account and again log in, but nothing!!! There isn't any thread about this in the forum!!!

Maybe something like what happen to the Exchange Sync!? Certificate!? New API!? Or my phone has a system trouble or anything like that!?

Thanks in advance!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    I haven't seen anyone else having an issue. Can you describe the issue in more detail? Error message? Screen shot of the issue? Steps you've taken to solve it?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Noticed the same issue on my HP Veer, as well as my Pre 2 (GSM).

I've no clue what is going on.

We need to try and track this down!
    I don't think I've turned Facebook contacts on since I doctored my FrankenPre2 to reactivate it recently. I enabled it on my Pre3, and there are no errors, but it isn't syncing them. The circle spun for a few seconds and went away. Haven't checked the logs yet.

Edit: I decided to try again, and signed in to Facebook from the contacts app one more time, and watched Lumberjack for messages. I kept seeing contact linker messages, so I knew it was still running. I went back to contacts and now they are there. I really don't want ALL my Facebook friends on my phone, but (and this is because it's been so long) I can't find an option to only sync with existing contacts.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/30/2014 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I don't think I've turned Facebook contacts on since I doctored my FrankenPre2 to reactivate it recently. I enabled it on my Pre3, and there are no errors, but it isn't syncing them. The circle spun for a few seconds and went away. Haven't checked the logs yet.
    It is consistently grabbing only 150 contacts from my Facebook account.

Same ones each time as well, so it is repeatable at least.

If I had to guess, it looks like it is only syncing the ones with public contact info for email/phone fields in facebook. Or at least, that is what I'm seeing at a cursory inspection.

I'd appreciate any input you guys have.
    I can't say for certain that it synced them all, but it shows 225 and they range from A to Z.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I can't say for certain that it synced them all, but it shows 225 and they range from A to Z.
    Mine just decided to grab another 4. Odd...

I know for a fact it isn't all of them, my friends total in the 600ish.

It still looks like it'll only sync the ones with public contact info for me.

This must be a change Facebook made on their end. The question is, how do we fix it for all webOS users?
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 01/31/2014 at 01:16 AM.
    Rnp likes this.
    It might be possible that there's some unexpected response at some point, like a username with weird characters or something, that is blocking updates. Or that Facebook is sending only the list of public contact info now but they used to send it all. Difficult to say. My touchpad contacts list has in the past synced with at least a dozen services, so I have hundreds of entries, with hundreds of links.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hey eric! Long time no chat.

Do you have a place I could take a look at to see what is going on? Lumberjack isn't proving too helpful thus far.

I'd really like to restore the the old functionality of full sync, though I can understand the appeal of syncing only the contacts with valid contact info.
    Anyone have any tips?

The more I look, the more it appears that Facebook isn't syncing contacts without public phone/email/IM information.

Now the question becomes: Is this on webOS's end, or Facebook's end?

How do we fix it?
    I really don't know.. if you're trying to get at the logs, make sure you haven't turned off all logging with one of the popular patches that do that

My guess would be that someone would have to have a look at what API calls the facebook sync makes, and compare them to the Facebook API docs (or compare them to actual known output from Facebook, in case their API response has changed and the docs may be wrong)

I'm kind of curious what the point of syncing them is if there's no info to sync..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hy guys. Had the same problem with my last two veers... But the interesting part is, like Saijin_Naib said, every time I manually triggered a contact sync (by pressing sync now or pressing sing in after putting in my FB password) it synced a couple contacts more.

Eventually it did complete all the contacts!! At some point, after triggering another sync, it just went all the way to the last one. Still don't know why it did and why it didn't at first. So eventually the sync should complete, but A LOT of patience is needed. I guess this last successful one took more than a month.
  13.    #14  

I don't understand my problem and I really can't say anymore about it!!!

Maybe any patch fault!?
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    I noticed mine was taking a long time. so i re-signed in a few times. it added 50 more each time, up till 342, which is most of my fb contacts.
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    well, when I first noticed that new facebook contacts didn't show up in the contacts app on my german Pre 3 about one week ago, my first approach was to sync manually - no results. The phones FB account stayed with 200 contatcs (while there are 215 on Facebook). After several tries of re-signing in without success, I decided to delete the account from the phone. After a Luna restart I created a new Facebook account on the phone (the same one like before). This was two days back. Since then, it showed me the sync symbol several times. And I also tried to sync manually several times. But since then there are no Facebook contacts at all on my phone.
    Anybody having any idea, how to get them back? At least the 200 I had before?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Forget about my questions from yesterday: that problem is solved, but I got new ones...

After my phone behaved buggy, I decided to reset it (deleting all apps and data with the system menu). After I did so, a weird thing happened: my facebook contacts came back BUT since then all the apps I have bought are gone and don't reinstall automatically. I don't feel like buying them again. Any hints ???

P.S.: App catalogue update is installed, that is not the reason. Free apps can be downloaded and installed.

EDIT: Sorry about the noise.
    After another reset the apps are back and so are all my Facebook contacts. I don't really know, why. But for the moment, my Pre 3 works, well, as good as an old webos phone can work. So, I leave it as it is and hope, it will keep on working, until LG comes up not only with webos TVs but also smartphones...
    Last edited by kulturguth; 02/17/2014 at 07:50 AM.