1.    #1  
    I just upgraded from a Pixi Plus to a Pre 2. After activating my new phone and logging into the Palm profile I realized that not all my contacts were transferred.

I realize this topic may have been done several times, but I searched around and could not find a clear cut solution. Maybe someone could point me to a thread that applies.

I believe that all of my contacts are still on the Pixi. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way for me to get them from the old phone to the new one. The only thing I could think of so far is logging out of the palm profile on the Pre 2 and then reactivating the old phone with Page Plus. Then I could resync or export the contacts somehow. I'd rather not go through that since my plan only has 10mg of data a month. Yes, I'm cheap

Does anyone have an easier solution?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by addlepatedcamel View Post
    I just upgraded from a Pixi Plus to a Pre 2. After activating my new phone and logging into the Palm profile I realized that not all my contacts were transferred.

I realize this topic may have been done several times, but I searched around and could not find a clear cut solution. Maybe someone could point me to a thread that applies.

I believe that all of my contacts are still on the Pixi. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way for me to get them from the old phone to the new one. The only thing I could think of so far is logging out of the palm profile on the Pre 2 and then reactivating the old phone with Page Plus. Then I could resync or export the contacts somehow. I'd rather not go through that since my plan only has 10mg of data a month. Yes, I'm cheap

Does anyone have an easier solution?

Thanks!
    By any chance do you use Gmail? If so, had you set hour Gmail account as the primary account for contacts? If so, then check your Gmail contacts list--if all of your missing contacts are there, then probably all you need to do is add your Gmail account in Contacts Preferences.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    By any chance do you use Gmail? If so, had you set hour Gmail account as the primary account for contacts? If so, then check your Gmail contacts list--if all of your missing contacts are there, then probably all you need to do is add your Gmail account in Contacts Preferences.
    I do use Gmail, but some of my contacts were syncing to the palm profile. I read that the Palm profile can be unreliable, so that could be where my problem is.

I did check the contact preferences and my two Gmail accounts are there in addition to my Palm profile. I pressed the sync button, but it didn't seem to do anything.

I did see a post somewhere on using a program to allow two webos devices logged into the same palm profile at the same time. Although I don't think it would apply since I believe both devices need webos 2.0 and the pixi wouldn't have that.

I just need to log back into the Pixi and export those contacts, but I am hesitant to do that because I don't want to possibly mess things up with the new Pre2. Plus the old pixi phone isn't activated with Page Plus. The Pixi didn't even give me the option to log into the palm profile until I connected it my computer via the usb cable.

Any other ideas? I might try logging into the pixi phone and see what happens, but I don't know that it would do anything given the phone isn't active.

Thanks.
    If possible try to turn on Pixi without having connection (deactivate local wifi at home, remove SIM card). You then can try to export contacts via commandline (USB WebosQuickInstall). See "Hidden webOS Tips and Tricks" - Hidden webOS Tips and Tricks for more Info.