1.    #1  
    Prompted by a thread on the Pixi board I decided to check my backups on my Pre3 and noticed that they had not run since 22/6/13.

I ran the backup manually and it didn't seem to do anything (after a long time preparing).

I rebooted the phone and ran the backup again, this time preparing was quick and I saw it starting to run the backup but the next time I looked it was back on the top screen and insisted the last backup was the 22nd.

Something seems to be up with backups. Has anyone else noticed this problem or is it just me?
    This prompted me to check my FrankenPre2 backup status. Auto backup date was almost 3 days old (Jun 24, today is June 27). Manual backup ran without error. I can't say if the backup servers are 'fixed', but it is encouraging that manual backup worked. Thanks for pointing out the issue, I'll try to keep an eye on it to see if the auto-backups resume.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    This prompted me to check my FrankenPre2 backup status. Auto backup date was almost 3 days old (Jun 24, today is June 27). Manual backup ran without error. I can't say if the backup servers are 'fixed', but it is encouraging that manual backup worked. Thanks for pointing out the issue, I'll try to keep an eye on it to see if the auto-backups resume.
    Yep, something changed today because, on about the 10th attempt it finally worked (manual that is, will have to see if the auto runs tonight).
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Yep, something changed today because, on about the 10th attempt it finally worked (manual that is, will have to see if the auto runs tonight).
    So the auto backup ran ok last night. Whatever had been causing problems for a few days seems to be fixed now.
    My TP backup failed since June last year, and I'm helplessly complain.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    So the auto backup ran ok last night. Whatever had been causing problems for a few days seems to be fixed now.
    Hmm, auto backups have been failing again. Just noticed today (10th July) that the last one was on the 4th. Manual ran fine.

Time was I could rely on auto backups every day but it seems those days are over
    Both my TP and my Preł auto-backed up on 7/10. Whatever is going on, it doesn't seem to be universal.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix