webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > Google Apps for Business doesn't work as Google account anymore
Google Apps for Business doesn't work as Google account anymore

Old 12/29/2012, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello,

I have a google business account (means xxxx@mybusinessdomain.com) and all worked great, until I changed the login password.

Now it won't login and it seems the account is not recognized anymore as a Google account.

I'm using the free version (not exists anymore) of google apps for business [users<10]

Tried with Pre3 and Touchpad, same problem.

Right now I'm using the exchange method to sync google calendar, contacts, and services, but no the email (that I'm using by IMAP common service) due is not syncronized well through exchange.

Thoughts?

Would be possible that Google has stopped this auto-recognize method for all devices, due now is not free anymore?

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
DMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2012, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Exchange sync is going to be discontinued soon, and maybe Google already turned off new authentications. It seems the normal Google Synergy connector can handle Google Apps. Have you tried that?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2012, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Exchange sync is going to be discontinued soon, and maybe Google already turned off new authentications. It seems the normal Google Synergy connector can handle Google Apps. Have you tried that?
Yeah I know in fact I used always the google synergy connector, but now it refuses to login, it seems that it doesn't recognize my @domain.com (that is a google business - free) as a google account...

the other google classics accounts (gmail.com) work well.

I'm thinking if Google is doing something to try to convince who has the old free business account to pay the service...

Old 12/31/2012, 09:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
Yeah I know in fact I used always the google synergy connector, but now it refuses to login, it seems that it doesn't recognize my @domain.com (that is a google business - free) as a google account...

the other google classics accounts (gmail.com) work well.

I'm thinking if Google is doing something to try to convince who has the old free business account to pay the service...
I just tried this (not via Exchange) with my free business account and it worked fine. The only difference is that I created a new user instead of changing mine.

If you want me to test anything else, just let me know...
Scott

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's

Last edited by DataJog; 12/31/2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: clarification
DataJog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 06:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataJog View Post
I just tried this (not via Exchange) with my free business account and it worked fine. The only difference is that I created a new user instead of changing mine.

If you want me to test anything else, just let me know...
Scott
Hi Scott! Thank you, have you used the google synergy connector?

If yes, could you change the password to that test user you've created and see what happens when you update it on webOS? Thanks again

Dan

Old 01/02/2013, 07:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rnp

I believe that the Synergy gonna continue working with the Google accounts and the Exchange gonna work with Google Apps, that is a professional solution.

Anyway, I really don't believe that gonna finish the Synergy Connector to GApps account.

Best Regards...
Old 01/03/2013, 07:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ok, now works again... mysteries of google's servers... Good so.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0