webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > Synergy Plugin's
Synergy Plugin's
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By John Steffes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  • 1 Post By Aressel
  • 1 Post By John Steffes

Old 10/06/2012, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Testing Testing Testing...

Ok this is a test...

Here are five scripts that will bring down the Touchpad 3.0.5 JAR file and extract the following Account Synergy Plugins...

getboxnet - is the Account Service/Template for Box.Net
getdropbox - is the Account Service/Template for Dropbox
getmobileme - is the Account Service/Template for MobileMe
getgoogle - is the Account Services/Template for Google
getsnapfish - is the Account Service/Template for Snapfish (updated script which allows one to log in attempt sync, but fails to sync, or upload a photo)

Tested all five of these via webOS 2.1.0/2.2.4/ Open webOS 1.0 on x86... these worked for me YMMV...

Please test and let me know if these work for you...

I am working on more extracting scripts for other accounts, but wanted to try some basic Synergy plugins first...

Use the meta doctor application

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Then copy the scripts (from this post) to the scripts folder run the script...
./script/getxxx where getxxx is the name of the script...

It will extract the modules into a tar, expand the tar and copy the content to the root of the file system you want to add these Account Synergy Plugins to (making sure they go into /usr/...)

reboot webOS and then goto Accounts and click add account you should now see the additional accounts...

To answer some questions if one has the correct applications installed like for Snapfish one can view Photo's in the Photo App. Dropbox/Box.Net allows one to edit documents etc...
Attached Files
File Type: zip getboxnet.zip (1.5 KB, 28 views) Email Attachment
File Type: zip getdropbox.zip (1.5 KB, 27 views) Email Attachment
File Type: zip getmobileme.zip (1.5 KB, 10 views) Email Attachment
File Type: zip getgoogle.zip (1.5 KB, 20 views) Email Attachment
File Type: zip getsnapfish.zip (1.6 KB, 5 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by John Steffes; 12/17/2012 at 09:04 PM.
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, geekpeter, tovivekmishra and 2 others like this.
Thanked by Aressel, rickeroo, Rnp, Vistaus
Old 10/06/2012, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

more synergy stuff never a bad thing, and something we could do with having more of.

what do the dropbox/box synergy boltins actually do or allow? i get what the normal synergy stuf does for retrieving email/messages etc, im just not sure i get what it does with box/dropbox without a big hint.

possible to install any other way..eventually? (only ask as ive stared at that nice blank bit inside the Software Manager's OTHER section and wondered what if anything would go there, assumed it would be synergy services or the likes).
Old 10/06/2012, 12:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
more synergy stuff never a bad thing, and something we could do with having more of.

what do the dropbox/box synergy boltins actually do or allow? i get what the normal synergy stuf does for retrieving email/messages etc, im just not sure i get what it does with box/dropbox without a big hint.

possible to install any other way..eventually? (only ask as ive stared at that nice blank bit inside the Software Manager's OTHER section and wondered what if anything would go there, assumed it would be synergy services or the likes).
FYI as these are distributed with the webOS 3.0.5 Doctor Jar file, one can extract and then copy over to a device (Once I get others to say it worked for them, I will include them into my Super Scripts for the Veer, PixiPlus, PrePlus, Pre2, Pre3 (which I have yet to publish) and Touchpad (which I have yet to publish)), but getting them added to the catalog would be up to HP/Palm, of which I would doubt they would care.

Dropbox and Box.Net allow one to view files (as long as one has the correct application installed hint (QuickOffice from webOS 3.0.5)...
Liked by geekpeter likes this.
Thanked By: geekpeter
Old 10/06/2012, 01:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
FYI as these are distributed with the webOS 3.0.5 Doctor Jar file, one can extract and then copy over to a device (Once I get others to say it worked for them, I will include them into my Super Scripts for the Veer, PixiPlus, PrePlus, Pre2, Pre3 (which I have yet to publish) and Touchpad (which I have yet to publish)), but getting them added to the catalog would be up to HP/Palm, of which I would doubt they would care.

Dropbox and Box.Net allow one to view files (as long as one has the correct application installed hint (QuickOffice from webOS 3.0.5)...
legend.
Old 10/12/2012, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Cool, I can confirm that dropbox worked (don't have any of the other account types) and that the other account types showed up correctly. (Pre 3 2.2.4 16GB AT&T) And I learned something about metadoctor along the way

The Pre3 screen is *almost* big enough for QuickOffice, but aside from the scaling issues, it seems fully functional. I also did a tweak of your scripts to pull the Google account type from the 3.0.5 doctor. (attached)

Upgrading the Google Synergy plugin from the 2.2.4 version to the 3.0.5 version allows Google accounts to be enabled for use with "Documents" and access Google Docs/Google Drive as well via QuickOffice (although it is subject to the same issues that QuickOffice on TPs has been having recently), and everything else appears to still be working correctly. The usual warnings apply, of course.
Attached Files
File Type: zip getgoogle.zip (1.5 KB, 13 views) Email Attachment
Aressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked by John Steffes, Rnp
Old 10/12/2012, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aressel View Post
Cool, I can confirm that dropbox worked (don't have any of the other account types) and that the other account types showed up correctly. (Pre 3 2.2.4 16GB AT&T) And I learned something about metadoctor along the way

The Pre3 screen is *almost* big enough for QuickOffice, but aside from the scaling issues, it seems fully functional. I also did a tweak of your scripts to pull the Google account type from the 3.0.5 doctor. (attached)

Upgrading the Google Synergy plugin from the 2.2.4 version to the 3.0.5 version allows Google accounts to be enabled for use with "Documents" and access Google Docs/Google Drive as well via QuickOffice (although it is subject to the same issues that QuickOffice on TPs has been having recently), and everything else appears to still be working correctly. The usual warnings apply, of course.
THANKS, for testing on the Phone...

I have an expanded getgoogle script, which I posted it includes the calendar and contact service as well as the template, yours just packs the template module, I was waiting for more people to say the existing scripts work with Open webOS (Like it does for me).

But what you have provided does open Google Docs/Drive to the Phones, did not notice that, so thanks for adding...

Last edited by John Steffes; 10/13/2012 at 10:03 AM.
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 12/16/2012, 09:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

John, thanks for this work.......I tested the Snapfish on my preplus with metadoctor test-verizon-2.1.0, wifi only. The account would "setup" meaning it shows up on the phone, but when logging in I get "unknown error".
edit: "unknown error" shows up after logging in and tapping "create account" button
Snapfish does not show up when opening the photo app, when tapping accounts is where I see it. Rebooting did not help......I have this same account on my touchpad, verified working.
Also verified each file in the .tar was in proper location....

The photo synergy for Snapfish and Photobucket on the touchpad are great and was excited to see this work...seems there could be some great possibilities forward.....Any help appreciated, also did you also work the script for photobucket?
Thanks,
Rick

Last edited by rickeroo; 12/16/2012 at 10:49 AM.
rickeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2012, 11:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeroo View Post
John, thanks for this work.......I tested the Snapfish on my preplus with metadoctor test-verizon-2.1.0, wifi only. The account would "setup" meaning it shows up on the phone, but when logging in I get "unknown error".
edit: "unknown error" shows up after logging in and tapping "create account" button
Snapfish does not show up when opening the photo app, when tapping accounts is where I see it. Rebooting did not help......I have this same account on my touchpad, verified working.
Also verified each file in the .tar was in proper location....

The photo synergy for Snapfish and Photobucket on the touchpad are great and was excited to see this work...seems there could be some great possibilities forward.....Any help appreciated, also did you also work the script for photobucket?
Thanks,
Rick
I have tested these on the PrePlus on webOS 2.2.4, I will re-test but it did work when I tested.
Old 12/16/2012, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

Just tested on my Pre 2 Verizon 2.1.0 daily driver....get the same "unknown error" when tapping "create" button....
Old 12/16/2012, 06:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Just tested on my Pre 2 Verizon 2.1.0 daily driver....get the same "unknown error" when tapping "create" button....
Ok, re-tested, on webOS 2.x.x, the photos app will not show pictures in the synergy accounts, if one installs the touchpad version it will (but that is a different subject), but one can upload to Photobucket and Snapfish (as photo accounts), tested on a PrePlus with webOS 2.1.0 build 285/webOS 2.2.4 build 160, tested on Pre2 with webOS 2.1.0 build 124 (Verizon).

I also can get the unknown when logging into my accounts by not putting in the full email address wow@wow, so either the synergy plugin is not copied correctly to root, or your password/user name is incorrect maybe?
Old 12/17/2012, 04:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, re-tested, on webOS 2.x.x, the photos app will not show pictures in the synergy accounts, if one installs the touchpad version it will (but that is a different subject), but one can upload to Photobucket and Snapfish (as photo accounts), tested on a PrePlus with webOS 2.1.0 build 285/webOS 2.2.4 build 160, tested on Pre2 with webOS 2.1.0 build 124 (Verizon).

I also can get the unknown when logging into my accounts by not putting in the full email address wow@wow, so either the synergy plugin is not copied correctly to root, or your password/user name is incorrect maybe?
John, when tapping add account, snapfish, enter user and password, login is ok as then a next screen shows up to create account, use with photo upload, tap create, it is then I get unknown error...however the account is created as it shows up under accounts. I can open a photo, tap upload, tap snapfish, get uploading notification...but it never uploads.

Tested same using photobucket and works OK.
This Snapfish account works OK on my touchpad.

Went thru each file in phone directory making sure it was in correct location comparing it to the .tar file.

Took a third phone, re meta-doctored the .tar file, installed all files, same result.
I am using internalz pro to install these files, I am not a computer "geek" to say and maybe overlooking something...I dont know......
Old 12/17/2012, 05:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:

Unfortunately, the only catalog allowed synergy plugins are Mail, Messaging, and Calendar, I think. There might've been one more.

Trying to submit any other plugin type will result in the scanner immediately rejecting it upon package upload. Also, those things probably depend on being in the com.palm namespace, and would need some development work to go out of them.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2012, 08:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
John, when tapping add account, snapfish, enter user and password, login is ok as then a next screen shows up to create account, use with photo upload, tap create, it is then I get unknown error...however the account is created as it shows up under accounts. I can open a photo, tap upload, tap snapfish, get uploading notification...but it never uploads.

Tested same using photobucket and works OK.
This Snapfish account works OK on my touchpad.

Went thru each file in phone directory making sure it was in correct location comparing it to the .tar file.

Took a third phone, re meta-doctored the .tar file, installed all files, same result.
I am using internalz pro to install these files, I am not a computer "geek" to say and maybe overlooking something...I dont know......
Sorry, I uploaded a photo I already had up there, when I re-tested (thought I had deleted it), but it failed as you stated...

Upon looking at the synergy service it uses the com.palm.service.photos as well as the com.palm.service.photos.snapfish, just adding that allows it to now state it is syncing, but never syncs nor uploads the Photo...

I will look into this as I did have it working (under webOS 2.2.4 mind you my development phone is re-flashed so many times I am not sure what parts of webOS 3.0.5 were there... thought that was it), sorry for the issue, I will continue to attempt to make it work (maybe even attempt writing my own).

I will attach the new version to the first post but detail the issues...

Last edited by John Steffes; 12/17/2012 at 09:08 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0