Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By eblade
  • 2 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 1 Post By Rnp
  1.    #1  
    Hi, People!

Well... I want to use one Pre 3 & one Veer, and my only *real* problem is have the same call log & SMS History in both devices.

There is some way to share and/or transfer this information between the phones that is not when restoring the Palm Profile? Just copying the file from one to other, for example?

Thanks in advanced,

PS: Oh, Save/Restore... why you don't do that?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Save/Restore doesn't do it because of an issue with the database files and how they operate, it is very unstable. I am not sure if 2.x introduced other issues as well. In the past you could use Save/Restore to save to a text file, but no restore.

As far as I know there is no full-proof way of doing what you want to do... meaning it could fail at any time, if it even ever works... haven't really seen it talked about any time recently that I can think of. I think it only got harder/impossible with newer versions of webOS, and I remember it being sketchy/impossible to restore on 1.x

The only 1 possibility I see is if you were going to use a google voice account and client, maybe one of them can do what you want. (but you would have to use the google voice number)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    +1 for Google Voice. *shameless plug*
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Thanks e!

I wasn't sure if it had the functionality since I never use the app but have it on my devices...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    It's sort of a built-in, since it maintains all the messages, as well as having a "Placed Calls", "Received Calls", "Missed Call" box. I've got a note in S2 to try to build a view that will consolidate all of that into a single "Call Log" view, perhaps in the future.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    kataran likes this.
    Nice, I figured it would be part of googles API... but then webOS has gotten the short end of the stick with a lot of google services.

I do need to play with my google voice account one day.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for help, guys...

My problem is that I live in Brazil and the Google Voice is not interesting here, because we I have a great plan in my carrier, but I really wanna this options...

And more: I still have to insert credit in my USUnlocked card and wait two days to buy something in App Catalog!

So... let's gonna try... Thanks again!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Nice, I figured it would be part of googles API... but then webOS has gotten the short end of the stick with a lot of google services.

I do need to play with my google voice account one day.
    There's an app for that. And a Synergy integration. Unfortunately, no public Voice API at the moment, so we'll be screwed come 2017 when the old google login stuff goes away.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    OldSkoolVWLover and Rnp like this.
    Eh by 2017 I'll be running open webOS on some kinda unlocked GSM hardware on straight talk...

It'll be a whole new world.
    Rnp likes this.
  10.    #10  
    In 2017, I'll be running Open webOS in my Treo 650!

#okIstop

Best Regards...
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.