1.    #1  
    Is there any hope for Hotmail in webOS to get full HTML mail support? Why is it that every other OS can do this except for webOS? It really cannot be that hard, can it?
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/09/2012 at 04:16 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    My solution was: created a Gmail account, this account receive my e-mails and use the "reply to" with my hotmail account.

I know... I know... is a very ugly solution, but works.

For other side, I was looking to send e-mails as text because my yahoogroups don't accept e-mails in html formats...

So, if you like:

How to Forward Windows Live Hotmail to Gmail - About Email

How to Send Mail from Any Account, with Any Custom From: Address with Gmail - About Email

How to Access Free Windows Live Hotmail in Gmail - About Email

the Big World Blog: Forward Hotmail to Gmail and simplify your life

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Since I asked you the last time you asked this, and I don't think you ever responded --

Have you tried using the Exchange connector in webOS? According to what you said, it uses the Exchange protocol, so if you set up the email client as an Exchange, I would expect it would work.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    My solution was: created a Gmail account, this account receive my e-mails and use the "reply to" with my hotmail account.

I know... I know... is a very ugly solution, but works.

For other side, I was looking to send e-mails as text because my yahoogroups don't accept e-mails in html formats...

So, if you like:

How to Forward Windows Live Hotmail to Gmail - About Email

How to Send Mail from Any Account, with Any Custom From: Address with Gmail - About Email

How to Access Free Windows Live Hotmail in Gmail - About Email

the Big World Blog: Forward Hotmail to Gmail and simplify your life

Best Regards...
    Thanks for your reply, but I too already have it setup as you have suggested. Unfortunately, this is not really a solution to the problem, but rather just a makeshift workaround. I end up having to clean up emails twice from the two different accounts. It would be nice if like all other OS users and like all other emails on webOS, we could get our hotmail with full HTML support via EAS.

Am I invisible here?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Since I asked you the last time you asked this, and I don't think you ever responded --

Have you tried using the Exchange connector in webOS? According to what you said, it uses the Exchange protocol, so if you set up the email client as an Exchange, I would expect it would work.
    I am sorry if I missed replying to your post earlier. I am not sure I understand what y9ou mean exactly by "Exchange connector in webOS". There are, I believe, two ways to setup a hotmail account in webOS:

Method 1 - Set it up as POP email. Unfortunately this is not 'push' mail and also has a few other limitations in regard to a complete sync with your email account (folders etc.). This method also does not provide calendar, tasks & contact syncing.

Method 2 - Set it up as a Microsoft Exchange account. This is push mail and also the account syncs perfectly between webOS and the hotmail server. Although this allows for a full sync of calendar, tasks, contacts and email, it unfortunately only delivers mail without HTML.

What I would like, as would anyone else using Hotmail with webOS, is the ability to setup my Hotmail account using Microsoft Exchange with HTML support.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/09/2012 at 04:24 PM.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Am I invisible here?
    No sir, you are not. Your reply is very much appreciated, it's just that I was in the process of typing my reply to your post, while you posted yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    No sir, you are not. Your reply is very much appreciated, it's just that I was in the process of typing my reply to your post, while you posted yours.
    I set up a POP acct for email and an exchange acct for contacts and calender. Works good so far.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekleve View Post
    I set up a POP acct for email and an exchange acct for contacts and calender. Works good so far.
    POP only allows reading, sending & deleting of emails. It does not allow full control of the account, I.e. Sync folders etc.