1.    #1  
    yahoo mail issue, please read this is not the 1299 issue, normal workaround failed

I had the palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com settings on my phone as I had the dreaded 1299 error. i was working fine for a long time then suddenly stopped working.
    Sent items fill in
    inbox is blank, but no error and shows the sync in the upper right corner but no mail fills in. no error
    I verified repeatedly that tthe imap settings were correct

I:
    1. recreated the settings. mail filled in once then did not update.
    2. webos doctor restored my phone, first to 2.0 then 2.1 each with the same result
    3. changed my sync from "When stuf arrives to 5 minutes, then 10 minutes

same issue every time. i do not get mail.
    Are there alternate imap settings or any fix? has anyone else had the imap workaround stop working or fail?

Palm pre 2 on 2.1 on verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by dkontra View Post
    yahoo mail issue, please read this is not the 1299 issue, normal workaround failed

I had the palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com settings on my phone as I had the dreaded 1299 error. i was working fine for a long time then suddenly stopped working.
    Sent items fill in
    inbox is blank, but no error and shows the sync in the upper right corner but no mail fills in. no error
    I verified repeatedly that tthe imap settings were correct

I:
    1. recreated the settings. mail filled in once then did not update.
    2. webos doctor restored my phone, first to 2.0 then 2.1 each with the same result
    3. changed my sync from "When stuf arrives to 5 minutes, then 10 minutes

same issue every time. i do not get mail.
    Are there alternate imap settings or any fix? has anyone else had the imap workaround stop working or fail?

Palm pre 2 on 2.1 on verizon
    If you do no mind another doctor use the meta doctor process and upgrade to webOS 2.2.4, they fixed the yahoo issue, in the newer build. Use the super script to get the verizon apps back...
  3.    #3  
    I would love to upgrade to 2.2.4 but there is one problem. While I am technical, i am not a programmer nor coder. Thats a skill that seems to be taken for granted in some of the threads.

I do not know how to run the script but recall having to have a linux machine. I use windows. Is there a webos doctor for it?

Also, finding links that work or just an easy set of links to use are a little harder to find.

btw, thanks for the response
    Quote Originally Posted by dkontra View Post
    I would love to upgrade to 2.2.4 but there is one problem. While I am technical, i am not a programmer nor coder. Thats a skill that seems to be taken for granted in some of the threads.

I do not know how to run the script but recall having to have a linux machine. I use windows. Is there a webos doctor for it?

Also, finding links that work or just an easy set of links to use are a little harder to find.

btw, thanks for the response
    Well the meta doctor process works with a Unix platform (MacOSX or Linux). There is not a public released doctor (waiting for HP/Palm and Verizon to wake up and support their customers, I know I am dreaming), but I can help guide you if you wish to take it on, you can even document it for the next user. It is not that hard, just take it one step at a time.
    There is probably some email in your inbox with bad/unusual headers that the email app is choking on. You can try to move emails out of your inbox to another folder so it doesn't try to sync the bad email. Or change the number of days to sync to something smaller like 3 days or 1 day so it won't try to download if the bad email is older than that.
  6.    #6  
    greenoyster, i could kiss you. 1 day worked and 3 day worked.

I love you.
  7.    #7  
    i drove myself insane over this. i have an elitebook, media center, a touchpad and pre 2 all by hp. i almost commited blashphemy and got a droid or *cringe* iphone over a dumb header lol.

Wow, common sense and the obvious won the day. Serisously, my hat is off to you!