Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I've successfully managed to send my messages from GMail through Hotmail servers, so in fact, people can't tell the message originated in GMail. But that only works from their web page. If I send messages from my Pre 3, people see then coming from this new GMail address. Can that be fixed?
    add the hotmail account as a normal pop/imap account the option to send from that email address. you can set sync to manual so that it doesnt eat the battery and give double notifications, just remember to sync when sending the email. not ideal, but a solution
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    add the hotmail account as a normal pop/imap account the option to send from that email address.
    You mean to have mail configurated separately from calendar and contacts? What I'm fearing is that, due to restrictions either in Google or webOS, my Pre 3 can't send messages as if they were coming off Hotmail. I have my Hotmail account added to GMail, in a way that it's not an alias, sending through "smtp.live.com:587". No way, messages composed on webOS will reveal that I'm not using my Hotmail account.

But I've realized I have another inconvenience: My Pre 3 and Outlook client are stealing messages one each other: While my computer is no, the Hotmail connector sucks messages that will neven arrive to my Pre 3. That wasn't the case before this GMail thing.

Summary: What I want is to go back to what worked before: Plain Exchange ActiveSync to Hotmail.

By the way, it's very funny to see that our new Synergy Plugins for Messenger still work!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    You mean to have mail configurated separately from calendar and contacts?
    i mean add hotmail not as EAS, but as the blue/white envelope option. you dont have access to calendars, contacts and folders. but when sending an email, you can chose the account to send from and use the hotmail one. my Gmail forwards to my Hotmail, but I couldnt send as the Gmail before when EAS was working until I added the Gmail account to the phone
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    i mean add hotmail not as EAS, but as the blue/white envelope option
    I think I've understood you right: I've disabled e-mail from my existing Google account, so now it takes care for contacts and calendar. Then, I added a regular e-mail account. At first, I bothered to configure it manually, with the Hotmail POP3/SMTP information avalaible in many places. But it wouldn't log in, which shocked me because yesterday I did it a dozen times. So I went back to regular configuration, put just my Hotmail e-mail address, and bingo, there it is.

So, for my "live.com" account, I'm now using POP3/SMTP (not Exchange ActiveSync) for e-mail, plus Google for contacts and, calendar, in fact completely ignoring my GMail e-mail account. And it seems to work!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    My mom was having issues syncing with Hotmail via EAS on a Pre 2 (which worked fine before) but her account seems to work properly on an LG Optimus One running Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0). I'm confused by whether this is a phone problem or a server-side problem with Microsoft.
    Palm Pre 2, HP Pre3, HP Veer, HP TouchPad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by raymondchiang View Post
    I'm confused by whether this is a phone problem or a server-side problem with Microsoft.
    I'd say it's a mix of both: Microsoft indeed has changed something in their servers (mind you, perhaps not all of them), blocking the connection of some devices. Then, they added some exceptions for some devices (namely, Windows Phone 6.5) to connect again.

Are the devices to blame? Yes and no: For one, they were working perfectly, but perhaps, some of them were using some non completely compliant communication, that has worked until now.

But what's completely unforgiveable is the complete silence of Microsoft about it, both at announcing changes, and also when reacting to them. Because they have "fixed" it, by adding a workareound for old devices to connect again. Of course, Microsoft based devices. I bet they could add any range of devices they wanted at no cost. That's why we are talking about "spoofing" (giving a false client name, for the server to attend you believing you are "normal").

All in all, it's a scandal. And I was one that laughed at Blackberry users, who suffered an e-mail outage for a month. I thought, this can't happen to me, I'm with the big guys.

I never thought something so small would have such a big effect on me.

Is this one of those times we start a valiant donation drive to get a homebrew solution (if that will fix things)
    Add me to the list.
    Mine stopped wotking today (20th).
    Tried removing and re-adding, now it won't let me add it back.
    Have to use non-EAS.

Using a FrankenPre 2.
    I'd say it's a mix of both: Microsoft indeed has changed something in their servers (mind you, perhaps not all of them), blocking the connection of some devices. Then, they added some exceptions for some devices (namely, Windows Phone 6.5) to connect again.

Are the devices to blame? Yes and no: For one, they were working perfectly, but perhaps, some of them were using some non completely compliant communication, that has worked until now.
    This is what confuses me. According to that Microsoft page posted earlier, there are people who have issues with Hotmail on OS's as new as Android 4.0 yet in my experience, moving from a Pre 2 to an Android 4.0 device fixed the issue. Maybe I got lucky and it's connecting to a server that works but whatever the case, it seems the issues vary randomly among different OS's.
    Palm Pre 2, HP Pre3, HP Veer, HP TouchPad 32GB
    I take it we are not any closer to a solution?
    Doesn't seem like it.
    Are there any webos users this is not affecting?
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Are there any webos users this is not affecting?
    one of my hotmail accounts works fine, the other doesnt, so i dont think it is on the webos side of things
    I guess I'm lucky, as I have it working again! Let me ellaborate on my brief story, as told in the other two Synergy threads, about Messenger.

Some days ago, I received a private message in one of Microsoft's Answers threads about this subject. They asked me about my account, noticing date, and system. I answered as promptly as I cound, and then nothing.

I had to open a GMail account and use it as a bridge to my Hotmail account, how cumbersome, but at least I had contacts and calendar (and e-mail with a separete plugin) , until yesterday, when I discovered that calendar wasn't syncing anymore. I got rather scared, as you might expect.

So, out of other options, I configured again the Exchange Synergy plugin against "https://m.hotmail.com" and to a great surprise, nothing broke. To a greater surprise, calendar started syncing. Then I took the plunge, and enabled also e.-mail and contacts, effectively having them duplicated, as supposedly, the Google plugin was doing the same task. Nothing weird happened.

Finally, I deleted the Google account, fearing that I would loose every calendar event and contact again (horror!). But it didin't happen. It seems the Hotmail Active Sync in Microsoft servers is acting as good as before June 15th. How wonderful. Will it break again? Remember, it did things as weird as some accounts working and some not working, even on the same exact system.

So I'm very happy, and I don't know if this has anything to do with that Microsoft Answers employee doing anything anywhere anytime. Oh, by the way, today, the Office Outllok in this WindowsXP computer advised me to update its Hotmail Connector...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12