webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > How to remove 'Weather' from my Gmail calendars
How to remove 'Weather' from my Gmail calendars

Old 04/15/2012, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Can anyone tell me how to fully remove the Google Weather calendar from my Pre3?

I've hidden it in Google Calendar, but no matter what I do it still shows in the list of calendars on my Pre. I don't have it set to show, but I don't want it in the list at all as it's right at the top!
Old 04/15/2012, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2012, 02:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
I tried that, but there's no option to delete it or 'unsubscribe', it appears to be a default calendar, hence hiding it instead.
checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2012, 03:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
I tried that, but there's no option to delete it or 'unsubscribe', it appears to be a default calendar, hence hiding it instead.
Did you go into settings (gear icon) and set Show weather based on my location to Do not show weather?
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2012, 07:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
Did you go into settings (gear icon) and set Show weather based on my location to Do not show weather?
Yes I've got it set to 'Do not show weather'.
It's not a big deal, the weather doesn't show in my calendar views, its just annoyingly there at the top of the drop-down list and has been since i first setup my Pre with google calendar.
Old 04/17/2012, 02:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

same is with me but it the task list not the weather ...starting i tried everything ..nothing worked...now i made myself to live with it ;(
Old 04/17/2012, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

had that too for over a year, but then google fixed it and replied here:
https://groups.google.com/a/googlepr...ar/f2A42Dmig44

Perhaps you should reply there that you have a problem (this is no webos problem).

Google Groups - Unable to unsubscribe from calendars
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: checkmate
Old 04/17/2012, 12:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
had that too for over a year, but then google fixed it and replied here:
https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/m/#!topic/calendar/f2A42Dmig44

Perhaps you should reply there that you have a problem (this is no webos problem).

Google Groups - Unable to unsubscribe from calendars
How strange - I've just been into my Google Calendar settings and now there is an 'Unsubscribe' option next to the Weather Calendar. I clicked it and the calendar disappeared!

Back on my Pre3, it was still showing in the drop-down list, so I reset my phone and then selected 'Sync Now' in the Calendar menu - hey presto - weather is gone!!

Only slight glitch was that a week's worth of weather info suddenly appeared in the 'undefined' category, so I deleted all 7 entries and I think I'm done.
Old 07/23/2013, 11:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

I had a similar problem attempting to turn off the High/Low temperature display in my Google Calendar. After searching all sorts of settings and subscriptions in the calendar i FINALLY discovered that it was the Accuweather App on my iPhone/iPad that had a calendar link enabled. Once that was turned off the temperatures no longer appeared on my GCal.
DKgee is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0