Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I recently realized that although new contacts added via Google get synced to the Pre3, the opposite, i.e. new contacts added to the Pre3, do not get synced to Google. I am not sure if the problem started after the 2.2,4 update, or if this has been an issue with the Pre3 all along, but I am facing the problem with two different Pre3s syncing to two different Google accounts. So is this a common issue with the Pre3/2.2.4, or is it just with me? Is there any solution to this issue? I sincerely hope there is, or else this is too big an issue to be able to live with and I may finally be forced to go over to the dark side.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  2.    #2  
    I seem to have found a solution to the problem. Deleting the 'google' account via the 'Preferences & Accounts' in the 'Contacts' app, rebooting and then re-adding the 'google' account in the 'Contacts' app seems to resolve the issue. Contacts added on the phone are now getting synced to Google.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I seem to have found a solution to the problem. Deleting the 'google' account via the 'Preferences & Accounts' in the 'Contacts' app, rebooting and then re-adding the 'google' account in the 'Contacts' app seems to resolve the issue. Contacts added on the phone are now getting synced to Google.
    The problem is back. Repeatedly deleting and adding the account does not seem like a feasible solution. I don't remember this ever being an issue prior to 2.2.4. Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

    PS: What exactly does the 'Sync Fix for Stable Upload' patch do? It obviously does nothing for this issue.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post

    PS: What exactly does the 'Sync Fix for Stable Upload' patch do? It obviously does nothing for this issue.
    I believe this patch was created specifically for double-byte characters and google -- like Chinese or Japanese.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  5. #5  
    I've had this problem off and on over the years for google and facebook. I think webOS 3 has better synergy, thus open webOS should be solid as well.
  6. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #6  
    This is quite annoying...I have the problem with Google calendars and contacts. I can't pni it down do: simply, some entries sync and others don't. Argh. I've tried all the "fixes", only to have the problem crop up. Due to how irregularly it occures, i don't notice it until it's too late...and I realized that needed data is just gone.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)

Posting Permissions