Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Yahoo calendar's worked fine for me for a while. In recent weeks there've been times when the appointments all disappear but I turn off the calendar option in that account, swipe back, go back in and turn it back on and all is good again. But now suddenly two out of three of them won't sync at all. I have one account on my Pre 3 and TP, my wife has the same problem with her Yahoo account on her Veer. We have a third Yahoo account we both use that's working fine.

None of the appointments held in the calendar (and viewable via the web interface) come up in the calendar on the device. I've tried turning off calendar and back on as above, as well as deleting the account and restarting the device but nothing changes. Mostly when it's been first syncing on the TP after creating the account it says 'Syncing account' forever until I swipe away the notification, although once it did say 'Sync completed' but hadn't actually pulled any data in.

One strange thing is that when I've created the account, the Yahoo account appears in my list of calendar accounts, but doesn't appear in the list of accounts in calendar view options. Perhaps the criteria for appearance in that list is that the account holds some data, not sure?

On the no-go account, appointments set up on either device are not reflected in the web interface, or vice versa even when doing a manual sync. Appointments on the working account are reflected in the web interface and between devices. Both are yahoo.com accounts.

Any ideas about what else I can do that I haven't tried already?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Yahoo calendar's worked fine for me for a while. In recent weeks there've been times when the appointments all disappear but I turn off the calendar option in that account, swipe back, go back in and turn it back on and all is good again. But now suddenly two out of three of them won't sync at all. I have one account on my Pre 3 and TP, my wife has the same problem with her Yahoo account on her Veer. We have a third Yahoo account we both use that's working fine.

None of the appointments held in the calendar (and viewable via the web interface) come up in the calendar on the device. I've tried turning off calendar and back on as above, as well as deleting the account and restarting the device but nothing changes. Mostly when it's been first syncing on the TP after creating the account it says 'Syncing account' forever until I swipe away the notification, although once it did say 'Sync completed' but hadn't actually pulled any data in.

One strange thing is that when I've created the account, the Yahoo account appears in my list of calendar accounts, but doesn't appear in the list of accounts in calendar view options. Perhaps the criteria for appearance in that list is that the account holds some data, not sure?

On the no-go account, appointments set up on either device are not reflected in the web interface, or vice versa even when doing a manual sync. Appointments on the working account are reflected in the web interface and between devices. Both are yahoo.com accounts.

Any ideas about what else I can do that I haven't tried already?

Thanks!
    I'm convinced something's up. My Yahoo Plus Mail account suddenly stopped working on Tuesday, and tech support is befuddled. I have another non-Plus account, and it's working fine!

Using a Palm Pre 2 on Verizon (N.A.).
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I am a launch day Pre owner. I think its Yahoo's issue. For the last three years I had issues with Yahoo mail and calendar many times. Its just sucks. Migrating to gmail would help
    I migrated away from yahoo mail and Calender due to continuous issues with my old pre plus to Gmail and Calender. Much more reliable
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I'm having the exact same problem with Yahoo calendar sync in recent weeks. All the future appointments will suddenly disappear, but a few old regularly repeating appointments remain. Re-sync doesn't help. The only thing that helps is to delete the Yahoo calendar account on the TP and then re-create the link. That causes it to re-sync and the items appear again. I get the Sync in Progress indicator for a long, long time (like half an hour), but it does eventually complete. The appointments remain for a couple of days, then suddenly one day they disappear again and I have to repeat this process. I think it's worse if you don't let the sync complete - then the appointments disappear again within a short time.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    This loss of calendar sync with Yahoo continues to happen every 4-5 days. All the current and future appointments will suddenly disappear, leaving only old repeating appointments. Re-sync doesn't help. The only way to fix it is to delete the calendar account and then re-add it. At least the successful re-sync seems to happen quickly now after I do that.

I don't see any particular pattern to what causes it, but I would guess that a regular background re-sync took place and Yahoo didn't respond on that occasion. Probably there's a bug in Synergy on the TouchPad that it considers "no response" to be equivalent to "no future appointments" and removes all the existing appointments. Probably the way that Synergy's sync with Yahoo works it requests only changes since the time of the last sync, and therefore resync is unable to connect the error. It would help if there were a "fresh sync" button that does a complete sync again.