1.    #1  
    Like the title says, I want a calendar and contact service or protocol that Palm Pre can sync with that isn't Gmail or Exchange. Looking for hosted services, open source projects or specific protocols that would work (that I can then try and track down a product I like that does that protocol).

Currently using Gmail for Domains or whatever they call it now. Don't really like Google's new strategy for search (pushing google+ and other google services on you) or there new privacy policy. Plus, I get multiple times daily I get a random error about bad password even though the saved password is correct, super annoying.

I don't want to pay for exchange server or pay monthly for office 365.

e-mail is easy, any service with imap will work, but I can't seem to find something that will sync directly with WebOS. From what I can tell it doesn't work with ldap protocol for contacts or any of zoho's services directly but can't really verify that. No idea if horde or the like would work (seems like not).

I guess kinda the same question for WP7 if you know, but I currently am still holding on to my Palm Pre, so that's more imediate.
    Last edited by mrblob9000; 02/20/2012 at 08:37 PM.
    I bought pocket mirror so I can sync my calendar with outlook on my pc.
  3.    #3  
    I'm looking for a way to do it from a webserver to the device it's self. Not from my desktop to the device, but thanks anyway.
    Bump.

Since Google calendar sync seems to be somewhat flakey for me, I'm trying to figure out if there's an alternative out there somewhere. My ideal would be a calendar program that I could put onto a server, and have a kind of "private sync" going back and forth between my Pre 3 and my server.

Does anybody have any ideas about how this could be done, and with what program?

Thanks...

treodoc
    So there are open-source alternatives for an own server/nas using the Exchange-Active-Sync protocol and so can be used with the EAS-Synergy service of webOS (just search in the forums for building your own clowd, Zarafa, Tine .... ).
    - e.g. i use Zarafa on my own Synology NAS to keep 2 WebOSs phones sync with the same account data (Contacts/Calendar/Tasks): wanted to write a manual but did not make it for now

And there is a new project atm. that is implenting a Synergy Service for the well known SyncML protocol that is here in europe often used at carriers to sync phone data and has also open source server implementations like funambol. But it has BETAstatus right now.
    - SyncML Client | webOS Nation
    - webOsSyncML

But a good tip is to start searching here in the forums, before asking - just for the future
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    So there are open-source alternatives for an own server/nas using the Exchange-Active-Sync protocol and so can be used with the EAS-Synergy service of webOS (just search in the forums for building your own clowd, Zarafa, Tine .... ).
    - e.g. i use Zarafa on my own Synology NAS to keep 2 WebOSs phones sync with the same account data (Contacts/Calendar/Tasks): wanted to write a manual but did not make it for now

And there is a new project atm. that is implenting a Synergy Service for the well known SyncML protocol that is here in europe often used at carriers to sync phone data and has also open source server implementations like funambol. But it has BETAstatus right now.
    - SyncML Client | webOS Nation
    - webOsSyncML

But a good tip is to start searching here in the forums, before asking - just for the future
    Thanks for reminding me about that. I had read it some time ago, but forgot; at the time I read it, I wasn't yet looking for an alternative to Google.

I will look into this implementation further, and see if I can use it to meet my needs.

Thanks,

treodoc