Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frantid
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I have a TP and a pre3, and I'm having issues with google and yahoo calendars.
    If I add from the accounts tab the calendar from google, it will only sync the appointments till 2 months later. But not if I afterwards add something from the internet. Then, it will show up on the TP and not on the pre3. And sometimes yes and sometimes no. Adding from any of those devices works fine, and it does sync on the cloud.
    I tried to switch off the calendar and let it reset, and since then I only see events till February.
    With Yahoo, I simply can't see a anything. No matter what I type on the net, when I hit sync, it won't show up on any device.
    Both devices are freshly doctored and no patches.
    I really love WebOS, but I need these things to work....any idea on why and how to solve?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Best,

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by sirga78 View Post
    Hi, I have a TP and a pre3, and I'm having issues with google and yahoo calendars.
    If I add from the accounts tab the calendar from google, it will only sync the appointments till 2 months later. But not if I afterwards add something from the internet. Then, it will show up on the TP and not on the pre3. And sometimes yes and sometimes no. Adding from any of those devices works fine, and it does sync on the cloud.
    I tried to switch off the calendar and let it reset, and since then I only see events till February.
    With Yahoo, I simply can't see a anything. No matter what I type on the net, when I hit sync, it won't show up on any device.
    Both devices are freshly doctored and no patches.
    I really love WebOS, but I need these things to work....any idea on why and how to solve?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Best,

no - they just don't work. i am having very similar issues with my veer (in fact, i've had them since i bought it). posted in veer forum earlier this week.

after at least 9 chat sessions with HP support, and countless hours with AT&T, they confirmed that it is by design that the veer only syncs 2 mos out (maybe 3). the user books which i downloaded says the same thing. had i known this, i would NOT have gotten this phone. i am betting that the TP is the same way.

i am beyond frustrated, and if i had just a little extra money, i would just pay the danged ETF and bail out. i have loved palm products for as long as i can remember - before they had phones on them HA!. but, i need my calendar to work - i miss datebk something awful. this is 20 steps backwards in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparetime View Post
    i am beyond frustrated, and if i had just a little extra money, i would just pay the danged ETF and bail out. i have loved palm products for as long as i can remember - before they had phones on them HA!. but, i need my calendar to work - i miss datebk something awful. this is 20 steps backwards in my opinion.
    Hi, I didn't see these posts earlier. There is a fix for google sync, not for yahoo.

You need to install a patch.

You toggle your google calendar off in the accounts app. Then go into preware, look in the calendar patch section for google sync behaviors. Install it. Then restart luna as is says to do. Then toggle your google calendar back on in the accounts app. It will then sync 1 yr back and 4 years forward. So if you have a lot of events it may take a while to sync. Do it while connected to wifi, so it won't take as long.

If you liked datebook, you may like the UberCalendar patch from MetaView. It is not datebook, but I find it useful.

To read more about those patches, see the links in my signature.

forgot about the link to the UC thread, the first post has a lot of information.

UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
    Last edited by frantid; 01/27/2012 at 06:24 PM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    toaste likes this.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I use Yahoo for my calendar, and lately it has been hopeless with the TouchPad. I can get it sync correctly one time if I remove and re-add the Yahoo calendar link and then reboot. But the next day most (but not all!) of the Yahoo appointments are gone. It's probably the fault of Yahoo, since they keep fiddling pointlessly with their calendar without making any actual improvements. But we'll have to wait and hope for it to be fixed in WebOS 3.0.6. For now, the TouchPad calendar sync is broken.

I've sent feedback to Yahoo for what little it's worth, asking them to please stabilize their interface and restore compatibility for portable devices.
    Last edited by Semma2; 02/28/2012 at 08:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    D I T T O ! !

Glad it's not just mine. And I have the same thing on the Pre3 too.
  6.    #6  
    All of a sudden, google calendars don't sync anymore with my tp....but they work fine on my Nokia n9 and iphone....what can I do? Any clue on why this happens?

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I was going to say that Yahoo calendar sync seems to have gotten more reliable lately, as the TP calendar is now managing to add new entries made in the Yahoo calendar fairly quickly. But I see that some of my Yahoo entries are missing and never picked up on the TP by sync, even when they are the same type and were made within a minute of each other.

I think there's a fundamental defect somewhere in the process that if a single update is missed for any reason (e.g., Yahoo timed out during sync), that calendar entry is permanently bypassed and will never be synced unless the account is removed and re-added from scratch.