1.    #1  
    Hello All,

I am testing out a WP7 phone and have noticed some weird contact behavior. I have a thread open on windowsphonecentral but this is a bit different. I have been using webOS since June 2009 and most of my contact management occurred on my phones.

I am now finding that few of my phone numbers are in WP7 because they are saved in the 'other' field in Gmail. (any advice on how to convert them to mobile).

Second problem: Many contacts have the number field blank, but then in the 'notes' have:
    --- Palm data (do not modify) ---
    @palm@{"numbers":[phone number appears here"]}@palm@

I still have my Pre, is there any way to save all of this information and import it into a new contact group or something?

Thanks!
    Gmail export to excel (or .csv), verify it exports the "palm data field, massage the data still in excel (move numbers from other and palm data fields to the correct field), delete all contacts in gmail, import the edited .csv/.xsl back into gmail, sync. At least that's what i did when moved from nokia to palm and had to add +countrycode to all of my contacts.

If you cannot figure out how to remove the @palm@ in excel just e-mail it to me, i am pretty good with formulas.

Btw the azerty works as a charm
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MihMih View Post
    Gmail export to excel (or .csv), verify it exports the "palm data field, massage the data still in excel (move numbers from other and palm data fields to the correct field), delete all contacts in gmail, import the edited .csv/.xsl back into gmail, sync. At least that's what i did when moved from nokia to palm and had to add +countrycode to all of my contacts.

If you cannot figure out how to remove the @palm@ in excel just e-mail it to me, i am pretty good with formulas.

Btw the azerty works as a charm
    Score! I did some adjusting of the row size and see all the data. I guess I just cut and paste manually for all the numbers? Is there a better way?

Glad you like the AZERTY!!
    there are formulas that can do it, but if it is for ~50 or so contacts i guess it will be faster to manually cut/paste then to email it to me to figure them out and get it back to you or google the formulas yourself
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MihMih View Post
    there are formulas that can do it, but if it is for ~50 or so contacts i guess it will be faster to manually cut/paste then to email it to me to figure them out and get it back to you or google the formulas yourself
    Very true! The Palm data ones are only about 20 so I can do that manually. changing the 'other' to 'mobile' is about 400 contacts so I will look up some formulas and let you know if I get stuck.

thanks!