1.    #1  
    Hello. I don't have an unlimited data plan, but sometimes i really in need of using internet on phone, and don't want my phone to waste my money, so is there any way to forbid webOS device from any auto-sync features?
    What I did:
    1. Turn off auto email sync in Email --- Prefs & Accounts --- My Account --- /Sync/ Get Email - Manual
    2. Removed -x flag from UpdateDaemon, uploadd, rdxd, contextupload
    3. Turned off Backup feature
    Anything i've forgot? Does webOS autosync contacts when it sees data connection?
    You have purchased the wrong phone.
    Yes it will sync contacts and appointments.
    You can disable data usage entirely in the phone app preferences, and only turn it on when you really need it. I believe the homebrew app "Mode Switcher" can do it automatically based on certain triggers, such as when you open the browser/email app; search around on the forums for directions.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    You can disable data usage entirely in the phone app preferences, and only turn it on when you really need it. I believe the homebrew app "Mode Switcher" can do it automatically based on certain triggers, such as when you open the browser/email app; search around on the forums for directions.
    I Turned off data usage, but when i will turn it on for a little browsing, i don't want phone to do any other internet activities to save traffic.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I would be interested in sth. like this. I need it together with the VPN, to make sure all my traffic goes through the VPN. When using it I need to open WiFi, then the VPN. Means it starts syncing already before the VPN is up. So some switch to pause syncing before the VPN comes up, would be nice.