webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > Removing a skype contact
Removing a skype contact

Old 12/06/2011, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Does anyone know how to remove a skype contact? or if there is a patch that can do so?
i have a lot of skype contacts, some of whom i don't even talk to anymore and i don't want them cluttering up my contacts list. It says that skype contacts can't be removed from the phone, so where can they be removed from? i've tried removing them from my windows skype but they still appear as a skype contact in my phone and touchpad.
Thanks
maninwhitecoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2012, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Anybody figure this out?
Sylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2012, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

I believe you need to remove the contact from Skype.com and then re-sync the handset.
vmiku914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2012, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninwhitecoat View Post
Does anyone know how to remove a skype contact? or if there is a patch that can do so?
i have a lot of skype contacts, some of whom i don't even talk to anymore and i don't want them cluttering up my contacts list. It says that skype contacts can't be removed from the phone, so where can they be removed from? i've tried removing them from my windows skype but they still appear as a skype contact in my phone and touchpad.
Thanks
Well, I'm guessing you are referring to removing a contact on your WebOS Skype, then its pretty simple to do that simple task. Just simply go to the WebOS message icon, you should see your Skype contacts there. Once you see the contacts you would like to remove then, just simply swipe across the name of the person and choose delete. A message will pop, saying if you like to remove this certain person from your contact list on Skype.

Let's hope that this helped.
John
Old 04/15/2012, 07:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

not too sure about the ramifications (i.e. i don't know if your contacts will disappear on skype when syncing with skype, but so far i haven't noticed anything) for doing this but its a nifty solution nonetheless..

1. Go to the "account-template.json" file located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts/com.palm.skype (note I am using an ATT Pre 3 2.2.4, may be different on other versions/models) using your program/CLI/etc. of your choice.

2. Find a line where it says

"readOnlyData": true,

and change it to (nothing too complicated..)

"readOnlyData": false,

3. Save and perform a luna restart.

4. You should now be able to delete the skype contact(s) in the Contacts app. (I'm not too sure about the swipe-to-delete capability in the Contacts app - you have to enter the contact details page and select "Delete Contact" from the appmenu)

This is also applicable for other contacts (Google, Yahoo, etc.) The path for the .json file is at /usr/palm/public/accounts/com.palm.[insert service] - again just change the relevant line in the .json file.

See if this helps - my two cents worth! Highly likely that this can be made into a patch but I do not have the knowledge of making said patches.. someone like to take that up?
mattho88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 04:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattho88 View Post
not too sure about the ramifications (i.e. i don't know if your contacts will disappear on skype when syncing with skype, but so far i haven't noticed anything) for doing this but its a nifty solution nonetheless..

1. Go to the "account-template.json" file located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts/com.palm.skype (note I am using an ATT Pre 3 2.2.4, may be different on other versions/models) using your program/CLI/etc. of your choice.

4. You should now be able to delete the skype contact(s) in the Contacts app. (I'm not too sure about the swipe-to-delete capability in the Contacts app - you have to enter the contact details page and select "Delete Contact" from the appmenu)

This is also applicable for other contacts (Google, Yahoo, etc.) The path for the .json file is at /usr/palm/public/accounts/com.palm.[insert service] - again just change the relevant line in the .json file.

See if this helps - my two cents worth! Highly likely that this can be made into a patch but I do not have the knowledge of making said patches.. someone like to take that up?
Hi,

I'm new to this re-writing. Do I need to be in a developer mode to find this path and file? Touchpad user mode takes me only to media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/ and there is no accounts folder.

I assume there no patch, either, I could download.
bnix1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattho88 View Post

I think the next time you log on to Skype it'll just come back though.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 02:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

for read-only synergy connectors, it's best to remove them in the source (e.g. Skype/Facebook Desktop software/website it self).
It could be that syncing may take some time.

If you just want to 'hide' some contacts, create an seperate Contact "Trash" and connect all the unwanted skype/fb/yahoo... contact entries with it. So they won't clutter you adressbook, but will all show under 1 contact.
gizmo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 05:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

Finally I figured out how to remove a skype contact from my touchpad contact list. Once I got an invitation that I accidently accepted while on the phone and it created an entry in my contacts. There it was greyed out and it said I could not delete it. So I went on my laptop, installed Skype, deleted this contact. On my touchpad I synched my contacts under preferences to no avail. Contact was still there. Went to messaging on the contacts icon and swiped the contact and deleted it. It does not show any more.
bnix1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2013, 03:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Well, I'm guessing you are referring to removing a contact on your WebOS Skype, then its pretty simple to do that simple task. Just simply go to the WebOS message icon, you should see your Skype contacts there. Once you see the contacts you would like to remove then, just simply swipe across the name of the person and choose delete. A message will pop, saying if you like to remove this certain person from your contact list on Skype.

Let's hope that this helped.
John
PalmPixi_User23 is correct. If you remove the contact from the Messaging app the profile within contacts also gets removed.

Some may have linked profiles so may not realise the individual profile has actually been deleted!
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: PalmPixi_User23

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0