Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to remove a skype contact? or if there is a patch that can do so?
    i have a lot of skype contacts, some of whom i don't even talk to anymore and i don't want them cluttering up my contacts list. It says that skype contacts can't be removed from the phone, so where can they be removed from? i've tried removing them from my windows skype but they still appear as a skype contact in my phone and touchpad.
    Thanks
  2. Sylo's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #2  
    Anybody figure this out?
  3. vmiku914's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #3  
    I believe you need to remove the contact from Skype.com and then re-sync the handset.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by maninwhitecoat View Post
    Does anyone know how to remove a skype contact? or if there is a patch that can do so?
    i have a lot of skype contacts, some of whom i don't even talk to anymore and i don't want them cluttering up my contacts list. It says that skype contacts can't be removed from the phone, so where can they be removed from? i've tried removing them from my windows skype but they still appear as a skype contact in my phone and touchpad.
    Thanks
    Well, I'm guessing you are referring to removing a contact on your WebOS Skype, then its pretty simple to do that simple task. Just simply go to the WebOS message icon, you should see your Skype contacts there. Once you see the contacts you would like to remove then, just simply swipe across the name of the person and choose delete. A message will pop, saying if you like to remove this certain person from your contact list on Skype.

    Let's hope that this helped.
    John
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  5. #5  
    not too sure about the ramifications (i.e. i don't know if your contacts will disappear on skype when syncing with skype, but so far i haven't noticed anything) for doing this but its a nifty solution nonetheless..

    1. Go to the "account-template.json" file located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts/com.palm.skype (note I am using an ATT Pre 3 2.2.4, may be different on other versions/models) using your program/CLI/etc. of your choice.

    2. Find a line where it says

    "readOnlyData": true,

    and change it to (nothing too complicated..)

    "readOnlyData": false,

    3. Save and perform a luna restart.

    4. You should now be able to delete the skype contact(s) in the Contacts app. (I'm not too sure about the swipe-to-delete capability in the Contacts app - you have to enter the contact details page and select "Delete Contact" from the appmenu)

    This is also applicable for other contacts (Google, Yahoo, etc.) The path for the .json file is at /usr/palm/public/accounts/com.palm.[insert service] - again just change the relevant line in the .json file.

    See if this helps - my two cents worth! Highly likely that this can be made into a patch but I do not have the knowledge of making said patches.. someone like to take that up?
  6. bnix1963's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattho88 View Post
    not too sure about the ramifications (i.e. i don't know if your contacts will disappear on skype when syncing with skype, but so far i haven't noticed anything) for doing this but its a nifty solution nonetheless..

    1. Go to the "account-template.json" file located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts/com.palm.skype (note I am using an ATT Pre 3 2.2.4, may be different on other versions/models) using your program/CLI/etc. of your choice.

    2. Find a line where it says

    "readOnlyData": true,

    and change it to (nothing too complicated..)

    "readOnlyData": false,

    3. Save and perform a luna restart.

    4. You should now be able to delete the skype contact(s) in the Contacts app. (I'm not too sure about the swipe-to-delete capability in the Contacts app - you have to enter the contact details page and select "Delete Contact" from the appmenu)

    This is also applicable for other contacts (Google, Yahoo, etc.) The path for the .json file is at /usr/palm/public/accounts/com.palm.[insert service] - again just change the relevant line in the .json file.

    See if this helps - my two cents worth! Highly likely that this can be made into a patch but I do not have the knowledge of making said patches.. someone like to take that up?
    Hi,

    I'm new to this re-writing. Do I need to be in a developer mode to find this path and file? Touchpad user mode takes me only to media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/ and there is no accounts folder.

    I assume there no patch, either, I could download.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattho88 View Post
    not too sure about the ramifications (i.e. i don't know if your contacts will disappear on skype when syncing with skype, but so far i haven't noticed anything) for doing this but its a nifty solution nonetheless..

    1. Go to the "account-template.json" file located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts/com.palm.skype (note I am using an ATT Pre 3 2.2.4, may be different on other versions/models) using your program/CLI/etc. of your choice.

    2. Find a line where it says

    "readOnlyData": true,

    and change it to (nothing too complicated..)

    "readOnlyData": false,

    3. Save and perform a luna restart.

    4. You should now be able to delete the skype contact(s) in the Contacts app. (I'm not too sure about the swipe-to-delete capability in the Contacts app - you have to enter the contact details page and select "Delete Contact" from the appmenu)

    This is also applicable for other contacts (Google, Yahoo, etc.) The path for the .json file is at /usr/palm/public/accounts/com.palm.[insert service] - again just change the relevant line in the .json file.

    See if this helps - my two cents worth! Highly likely that this can be made into a patch but I do not have the knowledge of making said patches.. someone like to take that up?
    I think the next time you log on to Skype it'll just come back though.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  8. #8  
    for read-only synergy connectors, it's best to remove them in the source (e.g. Skype/Facebook Desktop software/website it self).
    It could be that syncing may take some time.

    If you just want to 'hide' some contacts, create an seperate Contact "Trash" and connect all the unwanted skype/fb/yahoo... contact entries with it. So they won't clutter you adressbook, but will all show under 1 contact.
  9. bnix1963's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #9  
    Finally I figured out how to remove a skype contact from my touchpad contact list. Once I got an invitation that I accidently accepted while on the phone and it created an entry in my contacts. There it was greyed out and it said I could not delete it. So I went on my laptop, installed Skype, deleted this contact. On my touchpad I synched my contacts under preferences to no avail. Contact was still there. Went to messaging on the contacts icon and swiped the contact and deleted it. It does not show any more.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Well, I'm guessing you are referring to removing a contact on your WebOS Skype, then its pretty simple to do that simple task. Just simply go to the WebOS message icon, you should see your Skype contacts there. Once you see the contacts you would like to remove then, just simply swipe across the name of the person and choose delete. A message will pop, saying if you like to remove this certain person from your contact list on Skype.

    Let's hope that this helped.
    John
    PalmPixi_User23 is correct. If you remove the contact from the Messaging app the profile within contacts also gets removed.

    Some may have linked profiles so may not realise the individual profile has actually been deleted!

Posting Permissions