Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    While I've shared the numerous headaches keeping people have had keeping their Pre 2 connected to yahoo mail, I think this time the issue is with my phone, presumably the database file for the yahoo email. My phone acts likes it is syncing to yahoo and when I click on the email count for my combined inbox it shows that yahoo has been synced to, but nothing is showing in the inbox for yahoo. When I first noticed it, the Yahoo inbox had older emails but had stopped showing new ones. When I deleted the yahoo account and recreated it (which I've tried a couple times, even waiting overnight before recreating it this last time), nothing would show in the inbox, not even a count number in the upper right hand corner (although there would be the spinning syncing dots for a few moments), but there are no error messages. To test, I put my wife's yahoo acct on my phone and it showed up just fine. (Btw, I'm using the IMAP approach for yahoo email because using the Yahoo specific set up still gives the cookie error).

    Assuming I'm correct about the data file for my Yahoo account being corrupt on my Pre 2, it appears deleting the account from the Pre 2 doesn't make my phone dump the database file for it, so when I recreate the account it apparently points back to the corrupt data file. I'd rather not have to do a complete App & Data reset, so I was hoping there was a way to delete the Yahoo email database (or all of the email data if that is what is needed) so that adding the Yahoo account back would create a new file so I can see if that is the problem.

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Have a look into the logfile /var/log/messages.
    You can use Lumberjack for it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Have a look into the logfile /var/log/messages.
    You can use Lumberjack for it.
    Somline, thanks for the suggestion. I'm looking in Lumberjack at the log for "All Applications" and I don't see anything that seems to be about email (although I'm not sure what I should be looking for). I went to my Yahoo inbox on the phone, tapped the sync button (and got the swirling progress dots, but then no number appears and the inbox area remains completely blank) and then back to LumberJack. I don't see any new logged events that suggest they relate to email.

    Do you know if there's a way to get to the email datafile on the phone so I can erase it and see if that will get Yahoo back working?
  4. #4  
    Maybe you have one of the patches installed which reduce the loglevel? But errors should be seen in the log anyway.
    I have no idea how where such "datafile" would be, sorry.
    I had once a problem with "umlauts" in email. Got a lot of error msgs in the log.
    Battery life was terrible since the email tried to sync all the time.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Maybe you have one of the patches installed which reduce the loglevel? But errors should be seen in the log anyway.
    I have no idea how where such "datafile" would be, sorry.
    I had once a problem with "umlauts" in email. Got a lot of error msgs in the log.
    Battery life was terrible since the email tried to sync all the time.
    Well no luck finding anything revealing in the log, but your mention of the "umlauts" problem got me to wondering if there was maybe a "bad" email in my inbox that somehow was breaking the Pre 2's ability to display the inbox. So I went into the account settings and reduced the display setting from the last 7 days to 1 day and, bing!, I could see those emails and inbound emails once again were showing up and generating notifications. So I'm hoping it is a situation that there is a problematic email message in my Yahoo inbox somewhere in the last couple of days and as days go by I can increase the display setting back up to 7 days (rather than being stuck at just 1 day's worth of viewing for good).
  6. #6  
    Congrats, I installed the patch "Google Sync Behaviors Patch" which seemed to have resolved the problem on my Veer (could also been a coincidence).
    Some versions should not be installed on US versions!!
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ors-patch.html

    Here is some more information about the problem with accented characters:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2975079-post2741.html

Posting Permissions