Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    * When I create an event in my Yahoo calendar on my Touchpad it shows up in the web version of Yahoo calendar as soon as I refresh the webpage.

* When I create an event in my Yahoo calendar on my Pre 3 it does not show up when I refresh the webpage.

* When I create an event in my Yahoo calendar using the web interface it does not show up on either device when you browse to a different day and then back to the one with the appointment. However when I create a new event on the Touchpad the web-created appointment shows up, as well as the new TP-created appointment (must do a 2-way sync).

* When I select 'Sync Now' on the Pre 3, the events created on the web interface and the Touchpad both show up.

* When I select 'Sync Now' on the Touchpad, the events created on the web interface and the Pre 3 show up.

So it seems that when an event is created on the Touchpad it triggers an update event which sends the new appointment to Yahoo calendar and retrieves any new appointments Yahoo calendar holds. However this does not hold true for the Pre 3. And in either case, one must do a manual 'sync now' to get events from the calendar host, or in the case of the TP, create an appointment which triggers the same event.

The big problem with this is that there appears to be no automatic sync on the Pre 3, and in the early days I lost appointments while I was wiping and reinstalling my phone data not realising the appointments hadn't been sync'd.

My questions are thus:
    1) Do not these calendars (offer the option to) sync their data automatically at a set or customisable interval?
    2) If not (and that being the case this seems a glaring omission), is there a patch to bring about this functionality?
    3) Why does the Touchpad behave differently to the Pre 3?

Thanks in anticipation if someone understands how this all works!

Greg
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    bump
    I've not really found any pattern, but I use Google calendar to sync with mostly with my Pre+ and TP. It sometimes is immediate, sometimes many hours later that things sync up either way.
    The behavior is normally:

device to server -> immediately
    server to device -> every 20 minutes (not customizable)

That's how it works on the Touchpad, anyway. The Pre 3 is running an older version of webOS so there might be some bug that was fixed in webOS 3.x.