Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Ever since I had my Pre2, I had this happen. I cannot set which account my contacts are saved to by default. I want to choose my google account but I cannot. Anyone else notice this? Is there a fix?

Looks the same on my Pre2 as on my Pre3.

Here under contacts preferences & accounts there is no way to choose a default account.

Here when creating a new contact there is no way to tell it what account to create it under.

2.    #2  
    Would anyone mind seeing if they are encountering this problem? Or offer a solution? Is there a way to reset certain things in my profile?

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
  3.    #3  
    someone... anyone?
    set the default in the account app settings before creating the contact
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    set the default in the account app settings before creating the contact
    I can't I cannot do anything to set default account settings even fresh after doctoring the phone and signing in to my profile. Same issue with Pre2 as Pre3. Is my profile screwed up? How do I reset it?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    im having the same issue now =[ on my pre 2 any help here?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    just fixed it guys, if you have a touchpad and you added skype, it will update your palm profile with that account in the backup. However if you doctor your phone or anything after your skype account is in your back up your phone will import the skype account regardless if its supported or not. If you delete the skype account off your phone it should fix the issue.
    I've same issue after installing skype. I don't know how to delete that skype.
    From GUI, delete account does not work, try command line ipkg remove com.xxx.skype does not work either. It's still there.
    And I can't set default account as in OP.
    I've doctored once still the same.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    just fixed it guys, if you have a touchpad and you added skype, it will update your palm profile with that account in the backup. However if you doctor your phone or anything after your skype account is in your back up your phone will import the skype account regardless if its supported or not. If you delete the skype account off your phone it should fix the issue.
    Thank you for your suggestion but deleting the skype account from my phone made no difference. I still have no way to choose my default contact account and when I add a new contact I cannot choose what contact account to put that contact under. Just as the pictures above show still.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  10.    #10  
    Bump for any advice on this.

11.    #11  
    Bumpity bump bump bump

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion but deleting the skype account from my phone made no difference. I still have no way to choose my default contact account and when I add a new contact I cannot choose what contact account to put that contact under. Just as the pictures above show still.

Check under Accounts app, if the use of contacts is set to ON with your preferred account.
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 11/09/2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: understood the issue wrong at first
    try removing google and restart. perhaps try a backup after that.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    try removing google and restart. perhaps try a backup after that.
    Thank you and everyone else for their suggestions. After deleting the google account, restarting, doing the backup, adding the google account back in, I still have the same issue.

So I still cannot choose what account is default for contacts, still can't choose what account to add contacts to, and I cannot choose what type of phone number (mobile, work, home) whether its for a new or existing contact.

Also now I have an extra duplicate calendar that still shows up for yahoo even though my default account is google. When I turned off calendar sync for that account it still shows up in the calendar. The only way I can get rid of the dupe calendar is to hide it by selecting to view my google calendar only. Ugh. Synergy.

Thank you and everyone else for their suggestions. After deleting the google account, restarting, doing the backup, adding the google account back in, I still have the same issue.

So I still cannot choose what account is default for contacts, still can't choose what account to add contacts to, and I cannot choose what type of phone number (mobile, work, home) whether its for a new or existing contact.

Also now I have an extra duplicate calendar that still shows up for yahoo even though my default account is google. When I turned off calendar sync for that account it still shows up in the calendar. The only way I can get rid of the dupe calendar is to hide it by selecting to view my google calendar only. Ugh. Synergy.

Hhm, sounds really strange. I had issues with the Mail app, two calls with webOS Butler Service and finally doctored my TouchPad. Maybe you should do the same with your Pre3.

Alast Synergy now works fine for me, on TP and Veer. I think some problems with patches and things can occur, but normally it turns out to work perfect.

Don’t give up man, stick to it! It is known that the Pre3 has some bugs, but I believe it’s still worth using webOS, and make a statement here. We’re all with you.
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 11/11/2011 at 02:42 AM. Reason: spell checking
    Could it be you installed apps, having a synergy account (i see linkedin and cro.... in your screenshot) and removed the apps without before removing the synergy accounts before?

There is/was (i don't know) with webos 2.x a problem removing third-party apps before removing their synergy account. Chapura documented this:
    Chapura, Inc. > Company

HP Synergy Activation and Removal Instructions for webOS 2

Chapura is requiring you to read the following information prior to activating the Calendar and Contacts synchronization feature in an effort to keep an existing problem with third-party applications and HP Synergy from causing serious data issues with your HP phone.

We expect this problem to be fixed soon by HP, but until it is fixed, please bookmark this page so you can refer back to it in case you want to remove our application.
    What is the issue?

There is a problem when removing third-party applications that use the Synergy feature. It is critical that you remove Synergy Accounts associated with third-party applications prior to removing the application. If you follow this one simple removal rule, you will not experience any problem with the data on your phone.
    What happens if I don't follow the removal procedure?

If you do not remove the Calendar and Contact Accounts from your phone prior to removing our application, this will cause the following problems:

1. The automatic Phone Backup feature will stop working.
    2. You will be unable to edit or delete any of the Calendar and Contact data.

What is the removal procedure?

Please select a link below for step-by-step removal instructions and how to enable Synergy:

PocketMirror (Microsoft Outlook Synchronization)

Echo (Palm Desktop Synchronization)
    Oops, I did not follow the removal procedure, what now?

If you delete a third-party Synergy application before removing the Accounts associated with that application you will have to hard-reset your phone using the "Erase Apps & Data" option within the "Device Info" application. Your phone will be restored after the reset to the state of the last backup to HP's servers.
    If that was the case you could try reinstall the thrid party app, remove the synergy account and remove app again, or as they suggest, Erase&Doctor
  17.    #17  
    Thank you for your response. I am not giving up on webOS till my hardware quits. I have 2 Pre3s. One is a spare I use only to charge the spare battery. I will use that only if something happens to the Pre3 I am using. I had a Pre2 unlocked, I have a touchpad, and a Pre Plus before that, and countless Palm devices from before. I am here till the end.

That all being said, this issue I have has followed me through doctoring devices and from my previous phone, the Pre2 unlocked GSM. So something must be wrong with my Palm Profile. I do not care if it gets completely reset, except that I do not want to lose the apps I have purchased of course. Does anyone know how to reset their palm profile?
    Thank you for your response. I am not giving up on webOS till my hardware quits. I have 2 Pre3s. One is a spare I use only to charge the spare battery. I will use that only if something happens to the Pre3 I am using. I had a Pre2 unlocked, I have a touchpad, and a Pre Plus before that, and countless Palm devices from before. I am here till the end.

That all being said, this issue I have has followed me through doctoring devices and from my previous phone, the Pre2 unlocked GSM. So something must be wrong with my Palm Profile. I do not care if it gets completely reset, except that I do not want to lose the apps I have purchased of course. Does anyone know how to reset their palm profile?
    Good to hear! I started with a Pre (is the original one called »Pre Minus«?) and eventually fell in love with the OS! Sadly I missed the firesale, but I ordered a Veer from O2, which is a really good complement to my 16 GB TouchPad, which I got throug ebay!

I don’t know how to reset a profile, but:

a) you can remove your device, which you want to reset, from it
    b) webOS Butler service can transfer/copy to a newly created one, which will take about 1,5 hours

I suggest best to search the forums on advice on either way, so you don’t lose your apps and backups!!!
  19.    #19  
    I have everything that I need as far as a backup, I just dont want to lose my apps thats all. I am doctoring right now. If the problem persists I will call HP. Wish there was some way we could manage our own palm profile online without having to call.
  20.    #20  
    So I tried removing every account in synergy leaving only my palm profile to fix it. One account I couldn't seem to remove was Crosstalk, so I reinstalled the application and then managed to remove it. The problem persisted right up to the point where I removed Crosstalk from my synergy accounts.

But now all is well!

MannymanWP and klktrk like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast