webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > Google calendar sync in different versions of webOS
Google calendar sync in different versions of webOS
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PDAGeek

Old 10/16/2011, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

First, some background: My wife is a nurse, and so has an irregular shift pattern. I have a Pre- with webOS 1.4.5, she has a Veer with webOS 2.1.2 and we share a touchpad with 3.0.2.

I decided to create a google calendar with the shifts, and sync them to all three webOS devices.

When I synced my 1.4.5 Pre-, all calendar events appeared immediately and easily.

When I synced the 2.1.2 Veer, at first nothing synced (even though I had just successfully synced the Pre). After about 5 mins, it synced, but two events are missing (and subsequent syncs haven't fixed it :-/ ).

I have now also attempted to sync the 3.0.2 Touchpad, and it hasn't yet managed to pull in the google calendar events at all.

It seems it gets worse with every webOS version :-(

Edit: One solitary event has appeared on the Touchpad, even though I have created several weeks worth of events.
Old 10/16/2011, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

And now december doesn't show up on the TP calender! It swipes straight from november to january 2012 !!
Old 10/24/2011, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Verizon Pre 3 WebOS 2.2.3... Google calendar sync works perfect. I had major issues with the Pre 2 WebOS 2.0 and 2.1.
PDAGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by shrxwin likes this.
Old 10/30/2011, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Having issues here where Pre 3 originated event's won't sync back to Google... TouchPad has no chance getting them if they aren't syncing back to Google.
Old 10/31/2011, 07:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Has anyone worked out how to get the syncing working? Mine appears to have just stopped working on my Pre 3.

- Created Pre 3 event's don't get to Google
- Created Google events do get to Pre 3
- Created TP events do get to Google

Last edited by brum; 10/31/2011 at 08:22 AM.
brum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2011, 06:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

hi all.

three times since webos 2.x i've had problems like this (first on my Pre+, then on my touchpad and now on my Pre 3). mostly the problem was that some of the google calendars i import don't show up on the device when they're working fine in the browser. it usually seems to be the last in the list of imported calendars when you look at them in the calendar view options on the device. other times i've had syncing issues one direction or the other.

in all three cases it was fixed by going into the Accounts app, tapping on Google, and switching "Calendar" to "OFF". you get a notification saying "data will be deleted", and indeed it is (which takes a minute or two). then i turn it back on again, you get a notification saying "syncing...", which takes about five minutes, and then it's all back and working again.

wish i could tell you why it happens, but this is the fix that works for me.
gastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2011, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
ght

I started using Exchange to sync with Google now that I figured out how to enable secondary calendars to sync using EAS. Sync is fast and flawless so far.
ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2011, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHT View Post
I started using Exchange to sync with Google now that I figured out how to enable secondary calendars to sync using EAS. Sync is fast and flawless so far.
I would do this, but I am already syncing to an Exchange calendar for my day job.

I've noticed how all of these webOS devices sync with Google Calendar (and Contacts) so differently.

Both my Pre 3 and TouchPad only sync 2 months worth of Calendar entries from Google. My Sprint Pre- syncs everything. My Pre- needs to have all contacts you want synced assigned to the My Contacts under Google. The Pre 3 and TouchPad sync all of them, without needing them in the My Contacts group.

Would be nice to have consistency. Also would be nice to have more than 2 months of Calendar entries on my Pre 3 and TouchPad.
Old 01/04/2012, 10:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

I seem to have a similar problem to what people describe here with Google calendar. Since a few weeks (I only realized that now), my Pre 3 has stopped uploading events to Google. So for some events created on the phone, they show up on the phone but not on Google, and on none of my other synced devices (f.x. Thunderbird Lightning). The events entered directly in Google do get synced to the phone. Weird.
m-h-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2012, 11:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
my Pre 3 has stopped uploading events to Google
Ok, I did what others here suggested - turned off Google calendar in the accounts preferences, waited for the phone to remove all Google events from the calendar, then re-enabled it. Took a few minutes to re-sync, and now I can again add events from the phone.

Not very impressed, but at least it is working again now.
m-h-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2012, 11:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

For us (we an have extensive Google calendar setup for our family [13 calendars in all]), our Pre-s all work fine. Things go haywire when you introduce WebOS 2.x or 3.x. For the time being I just created a shortcut to the web version of google calendar to keep my wife off my back. Over the last few days, I have been testing (on one of our Touchpads) using our Google calendars setup as Exchange servers (uses EAS protocols with Google as the server instead of whatever is broken in the synergy/google mechanism) and it has seemed to be stable. After a few more days I will switch all our post Pre- devices over to EAS and report back.
AMR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 05:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

How have you got on with syncing all those calendars using Exchange?

I have been told Google will be ceasing the Exchange server side of the service in January! Are you aware of this? What plans do you have in its place?

How does one sync more than one calendar?
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0