1.    #1  
    This only started happening a few months ago, but my Pre 2 and Veer can both no longer sign in to my Yahoo IM account.

It just tells me to check the password every time I try logging on. I tried reentering the password, and the same thing happens. I also changed the password, and tried that, and it's no better.

Unfortunately, there's still a few people I know who only use YIM, so it's a huge pain that this isn't working on my phone. Strangely though, it IS working on the Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    try removing the yahoo account and adding it back in...you could also install the messaging plugin patch works much better than the stock messenger, you can even go invisible
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    try removing the yahoo account and adding it back in.
    Yeah, I tried that today too, but no luck. And the Veer is unmodified, so it's not even like a patch or anything is conflicting.

The messaging app has never been the most stable though, unfortunately (though on the Touchpad it seems to be improved.)
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    did you completely remove it from System>Accounts or just from the messaging app? Did yahoo fully sync with the calendar and email apps?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    did you completely remove it from System>Accounts or just from the messaging app? Did yahoo fully sync with the calendar and email apps?
    I disable Calendar and Email syncing, but I removed it entirely from Accounts.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    well I still recommend using the http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...webos-2-x.html app. It solved the problem for me with yahoo login on my Pre2. After install make sure you use your YahooID when you log in not your yahoo email
    I ran into this same issue on my Pre 2. Removing the account and adding it back did not fix the problem. I'll look into that plugin mentioned above.
    same problem with me.. btw I cant find synergy messeging plugins in preware..
    Same here, Yahoo IM does not work for me either. Have tried removing and re-creating Yahoo account from accounts manager multiple times. Phone is att veer.

Also as above user, I could not find the synergy extension mentioned above in Preware.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums