1.    #1  
    Just doctored and did all my apps did not restore themselves. Tried to do a Apps and Data erase and reboot, still no luck. Anything else that might help?

Doing a full erase currently to see if that helps - just sucks!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    you should be able tl install them for free from the catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you should be able tl install them for free from the catalog.
    I just went thru frankepre2 conversions with good success. I'm missing few apps here and there but as whole I'm pleased. I even got some of the apps that I downloaded on my TP on my frankepre2. I guess I can search the forums and find the missing sprint apps(but I just don't really need them). The other thing is that there are few apps that I don't remember where I got from but I can't find them on any of the preware feeds or in the official catalog. Was thinking about going the custom packager route but can't locate the apps in /usr/palm/applications/ on my old 1.4.5 pre-. Funny enough I just checked the same location on my frankenpre2 and it for sure seems to have placeholders for the sprint specific apps. Hmm might try to copy over some files but still they won't be registered or something and won't show on the launcher pages. Anybody with same issues?
  4.    #4  
    Drawing a blank...cant seem to find a way to get patches to automatically install themselves again

and still no luck on getting my apps back

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Drawing a blank...cant seem to find a way to get patches to automatically install themselves again

and still no luck on getting my apps back
    Patches do not auto-install. You will have to put your device in dev mode, re-install preware and then the patches. You have to be signed in to a profile to get the app catalog and download your apps....
  6.    #6  
    yah, what I was meaning is that after all this I still have no apps, and can't even get the saved package list to bring up anything.

looks like my only option is to visit the doctor again and hope for the best. Worst case t just have to download everything.

I just got a replacement Pre a few days ago, was having issues with OTA, so I just used the doctor to update it. None of my apps re-installed, I'm kind of glad they didn't as I have quite the collection now. Any apps that I need, I will just re-download from the catalog on a per need basis.

My TouchPad has taken over for app usage anyway.

My patches, I decided to also reinstall those on a per-need basis.

Feels like a brand new phone again (Oh it is a brand new phone)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    When my daughters friend accidentally did a full erase of mine it automatically reloaded everything, I guess based on the last backup to my profile, not really sure how that works. I had mixed feelings about that. I'd loaded a lot of free stuff thinking I'd weed it out someday and of course never have. It all came back and I sort wish it hadn't, What I probably need to do is make a list of apps with notes and go by that. Automated recoveries are cool and all but I'm probably too paranoid to ever fully rely on that sort of thing. The important thing is that you don't have to pay again for paid apps which shouldn't be a problem since everything I've ever paid for shows up as free afterwards in the app store. But just in case probably wise to save receipts.