Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi,

I read several forum posts, but none of the solutions worked for me.

When I first got my HP Veer, the calendar synced and everything was fine.

Then after a while (probably after the time frame of the first sync) there were no appointments displayed in the calendar / agenda view.

Manually syncing the calendars fetches no new entries.

Disabling / enabling, providing wrong / correct password and deleting / re-adding the Google account does not help.

I tried the Homebrew patch for Google Sync prefs - and all of a sudden I had my appointments back for a few weeks in the future.

Now the "trial period" is over - and my appointments are gone again.

Funny enough: An appointment, which I entered yesterday via the web browser has obviously been synced correctly ...

... all this being said: I am completely clueless how to convince my device to fetch all appointments from Google.

Any ideas?
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince42 View Post
    Hi,

I read several forum posts, but none of the solutions worked for me.

When I first got my HP Veer, the calendar synced and everything was fine.

Then after a while (probably after the time frame of the first sync) there were no appointments displayed in the calendar / agenda view.

Manually syncing the calendars fetches no new entries.

Disabling / enabling, providing wrong / correct password and deleting / re-adding the Google account does not help.

I tried the Homebrew patch for Google Sync prefs - and all of a sudden I had my appointments back for a few weeks in the future.

Now the "trial period" is over - and my appointments are gone again.

Funny enough: An appointment, which I entered yesterday via the web browser has obviously been synced correctly ...

... all this being said: I am completely clueless how to convince my device to fetch all appointments from Google.

Any ideas?
    What version WebOS are you running?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    webOS 2.1.1
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    Had the same problem (veer). Synching to google calendar was hit and miss. Try setting the google calendar up as an exchange account. This solved the problem for me. It synchs instantly and dependably ... but you get duplicate entries at times ...
    Hi,

If you want to sync ALL (almost) of your google calendar, perhaps you are looking for this :
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ors-patch.html

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guma View Post
    Had the same problem (veer). Synching to google calendar was hit and miss. Try setting the google calendar up as an exchange account. This solved the problem for me. It synchs instantly and dependably ... but you get duplicate entries at times ...
    That's interesting - thank you.

At the moment I am still trying to figure out why it does and does not sync ... but I might give your solution a try once I gave up.
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hi,
    If you want to sync ALL (almost) of your google calendar, perhaps you are looking for this :
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ors-patch.html
    Charly
    I already installed this patch but still had the sync issues, but thank you for the link as it also covers other sync issues in that post.
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    For those of you who are still interested in this issue:

I found out that appointments that are freshly edited via Browser do appear on my device on the next sync. For me it sounds as if some "i already have all appointments" flag was set on all appointments some time ago, which is then overridden by the newly edited appointment.

Is anybody able to confirm this?
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    Google has been hit or miss on my VZW Pre 2. I have 6 calendars, most of the events I add or modify on the Pre 2 don't sync, but almost everything I add or modify on the pc sync. Tonight I lost one of the calendars on the Pre 2, it shows no events, but everything is still in Google. Sigh. I had to use Yahoo while waiting for the 2.1 update, which is better, but still not working 100%.
    Check out Spencer's "google calendar workaround" posted in 2009. Just tried it, after many hours working at fixes, and it worked like a charm.
    It depends on how many events you have. But you should see events appear right away. How much into the future do your events go?
    My calendar has worked on and off since the 2.1 update, so I'm going to wait and see how this works out for you, how many calendars do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    My calendar has worked on and off since the 2.1 update, so I'm going to wait and see how this works out for you, how many calendars do you have?
    Do you get those undefined events if you toggle off a calendar?

I put up a new google sync behavior patch in Preware, but to get all the events back for 12 months you have to toggle the calendar off.

If you want to try it. Toggle calendar off, close accounts app, install, restart Luna, toggle back on.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Do you get those undefined events if you toggle off a calendar?

I put up a new google sync behavior patch in Preware, but to get all the events back for 12 months you have to toggle the calendar off.

If you want to try it. Toggle calendar off, close accounts app, install, restart Luna, toggle back on.
    Nope, the events don't come back unless I edit them on the pc or remove and readd the google account.
    So the patch didn't work at all? I'd love to see some logs.
    I'd be glad to send you some, I will try the patch again and let you know. I also wasn't getting the 12 months back either.
    There should be the newer one in preware. Make sure you use the sync behaviors patch.
    Yep, got the latest, syncing now. Any rough idea of how long it will take to sync? The first few times I tried the patch after the 2.1 I kept having luna resets during the sync, and abandoned it after 12 hours.
    I don't think it would take that long. How many events do you have? The events should start to show right away.
    I'm heading out for the day. If it doesn't work try and grab a log using lumberjack, choosing custom and type in 'google' do a manual sync now then tap retrieve log in lumberjack. You can copy the log by tapping it and selecting copy.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast