Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm not sure how many events, 300 a month is likely. I changed tweaks and toggled the calendar off, now I've got a whole calendar full of undefined events. I can't deal with this anymore now, it will have to wait until next week. I can't spend another 4 hours to rebuild my Pre after a wipe.
    That stinks. Definitely a database problem. I thought this was the new unused Pre2? And these are not recurring type events, all single entry?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    It is a new device. I was only trying to add single events. I still can't add anything to the calendar using the Palm profile.
    You ever thought about making a test profile to see if your profile is all messed up?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    I have another profile on a Pixi+ that I use for the same Google calendar. How would I know if the profile is messed up?
    I have another profile on a Pixi+ that I use for the same Google calendar. How would I know if the profile is messed up?
    I'd use one that hasn't been used before. If a new one doesn't have the issues, then we can assume it's some setting in the profile.

Use a new profile on the same Pre 2?
    Use a new profile on the same Pre 2?
    Yes, just use EPR before. Of course you'll have to do another erase apps and data, before you can do it. But with the database problems, you are going to have to do that anyway.

I'd install, tweaks the sync patch and set it to just the standard 1 month back 2 forward. That's 900 events in your case.

I find myself with some free time tonight, so I'm going to try it. Run EPR, erase apps & data, skip google setup, install patch, tweak to 1 & 2 and see what happens.
    I'll be here.
    I'm about to pull my hair out!
    I used my profile, my data sync'd, I did the exact steps (EPR, erase apps & data, skip Google, patch, tweaks to 1 & 2 months) and I'm back at the same place. There are events in my calendar on the Pre 2 that are not in Google or on the Pixi +, stuff I deleted earlier today, new events don't show up until I restart, Google contacts missing. If my profile is messed up, what do I do??
    If it's the profile, then I think you can turn off backup and it will delete your data. It still keeps your app purchases.

But we don't know if it really is your profile unless you try a new one.
    Ok, I see, if I use a new profile & add the Google account and it works fine on the Pre 2, we know its the profile. I can try that, won't be until tomorrow. I will update then.
    reading about the backup, you're thinking my database corruption is backed up with my Profile, so I should turn off the backup, erase apps & data, log in with a new profile, add the patch and the google account. If it works, erase apps & data and sign in with my profile. I'll still have my apps, but lose my profile backed up data.
    reading about the backup, you're thinking my database corruption is backed up with my Profile, so I should turn off the backup, erase apps & data, log in with a new profile, add the patch and the google account. If it works, erase apps & data and sign in with my profile. I'll still have my apps, but lose my profile backed up data.
    Yes. It might be an app causing you problems as well, so the new profile working could also mean that. If it doesn't work, then perhaps you need to doctor. But this is a new device so don't think a bad system load is the problem.

I ran EPR, turned off my backup, erased apps & data, made a new profile, installed the patch, tweaked it to 6 months, everything synced & I can add new events on the Pre, but nothing syncs-from the Pre to google or google to the Pre. I'm going to remove the account with the new profile, remove the patch, EPR, and try it stock. I don't really need the extra data (although it'd be nice) as much as I need it to just work. Logs show the 200's again, no errors.
    What does it mean if the calendar won't sync on 2 different Pre 2's with 2 different profiles, but it works fine on a Pixi + with a third profile?
    Removed the google account, back to undefined events. I'm going back to my original profile without the patch.
    You get the award for not giving up. I never thought about it before, but I think you will have ruled every thing out except the google account and the data itself.

You might want to try just creating a test google account without any of your data. It could just be a few bad events. Unfortunately, there is no data cleaner like there used to be for Palm OS databases.
    I was having issues too with stuff not syncing but used the patch and works like a charm now
    Though I do have possibly a separate issue where I cant actually add anything to my calendar from the phone any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You get the award for not giving up. I never thought about it before, but I think you will have ruled every thing out except the google account and the data itself.

You might want to try just creating a test google account without any of your data. It could just be a few bad events. Unfortunately, there is no data cleaner like there used to be for Palm OS databases.
    Now that I've won, I'm giving up.
    I've imported my calendars into Hotmail and set it up as an exchange, unlike Google, sub calendars sync too! I would have liked the extra data on the phone, but a functioning calendar is my main goal. Every event I've added or modified on the Pre has synced, so I'm sticking with Hotmail.
    If it wasn't for the Pixi+ that could access the google calendar, I'd agree, still probably where the issue is. We'll never know now!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast