Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Then it stopped syncing, still missing contacts & calendar events. A manual sync generated:
    [2011-09-16 01:34:32] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.calendar: Attempting to sync account: {"_id":"++HgqrktfZ80NnZf","_kind":"com.palm.account:1","_rev":68744,"_sync":true,"alias":"Google","b eingDeleted":false,"capabilityProviders":[{"_id":"10c89","capability":"CONTACTS","id":"com.palm.google.contacts","dbkinds":{"contact":"com.pal m.contact.google:1"},"implementation":"palm://com.palm.service.contacts.google/","onCreate":"palm://com.palm.service.contacts.google/onCreate","onDelete":"palm://com.palm.service.contacts.google/onDelete","onEnabled":"palm://com.palm.service.contacts.google/onEnabled","refetchPhoto":"palm://com.palm.service.contacts.google/refetchPhoto","sync":"palm://com.palm.service.contacts.google/sync"},{"_id":"10c8a","capability":"MESSAGING","id":"com.palm.google.talk","capabilitySubtype":"IM", "chatWithNonBuddies":false,"dbkinds":{"imcommand":"com.palm.imcommand.libpurple:1","immessage":"com. palm.immessage.libpurple:1"},"icon":{"loc_32x32":"/usr/palm/public/accounts/com.palm.google/imag
    Tweaks must have had a problem at some point. It will just use the default 12 back and 48 front if it can't contact tweaks. You should see some events. I think it starts 1 yr back and works it's way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    still syncing, now seeing in the log:
    [2011-09-16 01:14:26] (ls-hubd) user.crit: ERROR: "org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "com.palm.service.calendar.google" (requester pid: 11948, requester exe: "/bin/node" requester cmdline: "com.palm.service.calendar.google.jsjsjs /$usr$/$share$/$ls2$&$quot$;)
    Then it stopped syncing, still missing contacts & calendar events. A manual sync generated:
    [2011-09-16 01:34:32] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.calendar: Attempting to sync account: {"_id":"++HgqrktfZ80NnZf","_kind":"com.palm.account:1","_rev":68744,"_sync":true,"alias":"Google","b eingDeleted":false,"capabilityProviders":[{"_id":"10c89","capability":"CONTACTS","id":"com.palm.google.contacts","dbkinds":{"contact":"com.pal m.contact.google:1"},"implementation":"palm://com.palm.service.contacts.google/","onCreate":"palm://com.palm.service.contacts.google/onCreate","onDelete":"palm://com.palm.service.contacts.google/onDelete","onEnabled":"palm://com.palm.service.contacts.google/onEnabled","refetchPhoto":"palm://com.palm.service.contacts.google/refetchPhoto","sync":"palm://com.palm.service.contacts.google/sync"},{"_id":"10c8a","capability":"MESSAGING","id":"com.palm.google.talk","capabilitySubtype":"IM", "chatWithNonBuddies":false,"dbkinds":{"imcommand":"com.palm.imcommand.libpurple:1","immessage":"com. palm.immessage.libpurple:1"},"icon":{"loc_32x32":"/usr/palm/public/accounts/com.palm.google/imag
    Nothing more after those lines? That's just the start. I need to see what happens after. Try a restart. See if the events show up.

I wonder if you are hitting the limit of the database size. I don't know what the limit is, but I'm sure there is one. Do you have a lot of info in the events like long notes? How many of those 12000 events are in the 5 year span? If you have tweaks installed you might try to reduce the sync range. Maybe just a few months back and a few years forward. Depending upon how many future events you have.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I do have a lot of events with long notes.
    I did a reset and everything is up to date. Now I will do some tests and make sure everything syncs. Guess I just wasn't waiting long enough.
    thanks again for the help!
    Ok, another issue. When I add new events, they sync, but don't appear on the Pre unless I reboot. I'm using uber calendar too, if that makes a difference.
    Ok, another issue. When I add new events, they sync, but don't appear on the Pre unless I reboot. I'm using uber calendar too, if that makes a difference.
    Not sure I follow. You add them to the web or to the Pre2? Then they sync, meaning you see it on the web and it's not showing up on another Pre?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Yeah, I guess that wasn't very clear. I add events on the Pre 2, they don't sync or appear on the Pre 2. If I restart the Pre 2, they will appear there, but no syncing. Logs:
    [2011-09-16 15:00:48] (BrowserServer) user.err: Failed to remove localStorage db /var/palm/data/localstorage^Z6^A/https_plusone.google.com_0.localstorage7^Dq^Z6
    [2011-09-16 15:01:02] (activitymanager[1512]) user.err: [activitymanager.mojodb] [Activity 143] Failed to register as serviceId:com.palm.service.contacts.google/"Periodic Sync:com.palm.service.contacts.google:++HgqrktfZ80NnZf"
    Anything more after you do a manual sync now? You might have to wait a few seconds for those status messages to appear in the log.

I've never seen that local storage error. How many events into the future do you have, time wise 1 year or more? Perhaps your number of events is just too big. If you have tweaks installed, you can reduce the number of months forward and back. It won't remove any from your phone unless you toggle the account off. But it might help with the storage issues.

When I started a manual sync, I saw the 200's again, still syncing. I installed Tweaks, should wait for it to stop?
    When I started a manual sync, I saw the 200's again, still syncing. I installed Tweaks, should wait for it to stop?
    You don't have to wait. You don't actually have to restart luna after changing, it will work on the next sync if you don't want restart.

Ok, did a device reset, still same issue, nothing syncs. I used tweaks to 1 month back, 12 forward. Log:
    [2011-09-16 18:01:15] (alm.service.calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] ----&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$; $Sync$ $window$ $for$ $calendar$ '$Main$' $from$ $Thu$ $Sep$ $15$ $2011$ $20$:$11$:$37$ $GMT$-$0400$ ($EDT$) $to$ $Sun$ $Sep$ $16$ $2012$ $14$:$01$:$15$ $GMT$-$0400$ ($EDT$)
    Ok, did a device reset, still same issue, nothing syncs. I used tweaks to 1 month back, 12 forward. Log:
    [2011-09-16 18:01:15] (alm.service.calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] ----&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$; $Sync$ $window$ $for$ $calendar$ '$Main$' $from$ $Thu$ $Sep$ $15$ $2011$ $20$:$11$:$37$ $GMT$-$0400$ ($EDT$) $to$ $Sun$ $Sep$ $16$ $2012$ $14$:$01$:$15$ $GMT$-$0400$ ($EDT$)
    It still reports 200 or an error?

Can you try to make a new event on the web interface and see if it syncs down?

It shows both, here's a longer sample. Also, the events I add aren't visible in the calendar unless I reset.
    [2011-09-16 18:07:09] (status) --->>.: 200
    [2011-09-16 18:07:10] (1) preferences applied.: 12
    [2011-09-16 18:07:10] (alm.service.calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] ----&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$; $Sync$ $window$ $for$ $calendar$ '$Ruby$' $from$ $Thu$ $Sep$ $15$ $2011$ $13$:$34$:$02$ $GMT$-$0400$ ($EDT$) $to$ $Sun$ $Sep$ $16$ $2012$ $14$:$07$:$10$ $GMT$-$0400$ ($EDT$)
    [2011-09-16 18:08:13] (status) --->>.: 200
    [2011-09-16 18:08:13] (1) preferences applied.: 12
    [2011-09-16 18:08:13] (alm.service.calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] ----&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$; $Sync$ $window$ $for$ $calendar$ '$Ruby$' $from$ $Thu$ $Sep$ $15$ $2011$ $13$:$34$:$02$ $GMT$-$0400$ ($EDT$) $to$ $Sun$ $Sep$ $16$ $2012$ $14$:$08$:$13$ $GMT$-$0400$ ($EDT$)
    It shows both, here's a longer sample. Also, the events I add aren't visible in the calendar unless I reset.
    [2011-09-16 18:07:09] (status) --->>.: 200
    [2011-09-16 18:07:10] (1) preferences applied.: 12
    [2011-09-16 18:07:10] (alm.service.calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] ----&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$; $Sync$ $window$ $for$ $calendar$ '$Ruby$' $from$ $Thu$ $Sep$ $15$ $2011$ $13$:$34$:$02$ $GMT$-$0400$ ($EDT$) $to$ $Sun$ $Sep$ $16$ $2012$ $14$:$07$:$10$ $GMT$-$0400$ ($EDT$)
    [2011-09-16 18:08:13] (status) --->>.: 200
    [2011-09-16 18:08:13] (1) preferences applied.: 12
    [2011-09-16 18:08:13] (alm.service.calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] ----&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$; $Sync$ $window$ $for$ $calendar$ '$Ruby$' $from$ $Thu$ $Sep$ $15$ $2011$ $13$:$34$:$02$ $GMT$-$0400$ ($EDT$) $to$ $Sun$ $Sep$ $16$ $2012$ $14$:$08$:$13$ $GMT$-$0400$ ($EDT$)
    Those are normal messages. I don't know why it doesn't show an event. What happens if you change views from day to week, do they show up then?

It shouldn't take a restart. What do you get in the log if you just type in "calendar" instead of just google? It's just in as a normal account and not another one right? These events are they on the main calendar or on a secondary or shared calendar?

Nope, changing views doesn't show the events.
    Logging "calendar" gets the same messages.
    I've added main calendar events and secondary calendar events, none show. I will remove uber calendar.
    It's still syncing, almost 20 minutes now.
    Only thing I can think of is it's just too much information for the database to handle. I say we try to start the sync settings low and add more time in tweaks until we find a sweet spot for the settings. Try a stock 3 month setting in tweaks and see how it does. You may have to toggle off the account to get it working again, hopefully it won't produce those undefined events.

How many events per month on estimate -- 200 or 300?

UberCalendar won't cause these issues.
    I'm not sure how many events, 300 a month is likely. I changed tweaks and toggled the calendar off, now I've got a whole calendar full of undefined events. I can't deal with this anymore now, it will have to wait until next week. I can't spend another 4 hours to rebuild my Pre after a wipe.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast