Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince42 View Post
    I already installed this patch but still had the sync issues, but thank you for the link as it also covers other sync issues in that post.
    There's an update for the patch it's in the thread and in Preware. Let me know how it works out. I'll try to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'm heading out for the day. If it doesn't work try and grab a log using lumberjack, choosing custom and type in 'google' do a manual sync now then tap retrieve log in lumberjack. You can copy the log by tapping it and selecting copy.
    After 10+ hours, 5 or 6 luna crashes and 3 device resets, it's still showing "syncing accounts" Most of the current stuff is there, but nothing is syncing from the Pre to Google, and there are only a few things older than 30 days. I have about 12000 events from 2001 to whenever the calendar ends in the future (as figured by Outlook), obviously most of those won't sync.
    Just luna crashed again.
    Let me know where to send the logs from Lumberjack.
    Thanks
    You can pm them or if they're real long I'll pm you my email address.
    how many events in google from 1 yr back to 4 yrs forward?
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    how many events in google from 1 yr back to 4 yrs forward?
    No idea how to tell. I only know the total from Outlook as I couldn't import data from Yahoo (I was using Yahoo on a Pixi+ while waiting for the 2.1 update) into Google because the file size was too big (9MB), so I moved it from Yahoo into Outlook, then synced Outlook to Google.
    Logs coming your way.
    Thanks
    It's configured as an exchange account? Is this true?

Now it makes sense, why the patches won't work.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    That was done in an attempt to get at least one of my calendars syncing everytime. I have an exchange setup and a regular google. You think the exchange is conflicting with the regular?
    Yes, I think it is what is causing your resets. The database is mixed up because it has 2 calendars with the same external ID from google.

If you don't mind remove all of the same google accounts from phone. Then make sure all events are gone. Then I would restart it for good measure.

Then just add the google account in as a normal google account. I bet it will sync.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Now I've got a whole bunch of "undefined" events after removing both accounts. Not my full exchange/main google calendar, but some of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Now I've got a whole bunch of "undefined" events after removing both accounts. Not my full exchange/main google calendar, but some of it.
    Yes, those are probably the events that are causing you grief. You have 2 options, I have done them both myself before. (When making UC I experiment with my own phone and I often have incidents).

1. detete them by hand. You have to get them all, because each one has a google event Id associated with it. The next time you try to sync, it will cause another problem.

2. delete apps and data, i.e. reset the phone.

One of them have to be done if you want your calendar to function. If you do number 2 make sure you do Emergency Patch Recovery before doing it.

Well, I'm going to have to go with number 2, I started deleting them by hand, and they stopped deleting, I reset and they all came back. Grrr.
    Well, I'm going to have to go with number 2, I started deleting them by hand, and they stopped deleting, I reset and they all came back. Grrr.
    Ugh... that's the same reason I've had to do a few of them.

Make sure you do an EPR before hand. Or it'll be a long night. Next time you login to the profile skip the setup google account. Put the sync behaviors patch on before setting up the google account.

This may be a good time to swap the comm board into my backup Pre 2 (I bought it last week for $25, using my upgrade I had saved for the Pre 3) from my Pre+ so I can get the free mobile hotspot back and just swap devices.
    I've setup my Pixi+ again for my calendar, so I can function for now.
    Thanks for your patch and help.
    This may be a good time to swap the comm board into my backup Pre 2 (I bought it last week for $25, using my upgrade I had saved for the Pre 3) from my Pre+ so I can get the free mobile hotspot back and just swap devices.
    I've setup my Pixi+ again for my calendar, so I can function for now.
    Thanks for your patch and help.
    Probably a good time, is the one you have broken? I would doctored the backup to 2.1 first though.

Just remember to apply the patch before setting up google and set it up as a normal google account.

I've got 4 phones, doing google sync and all the emulators (pre, pre2, touchpad) I use all sync fine with the patch.

Just give a shout, I'll be around.

I'm trying to sync on a new Pre 2 (I didn't do the comm board swap), 1 hour 15 minutes, no calendar events synced yet, only a few contacts.
    I don't want to do anything (resets) to interrupt it, how long should I wait??
    Did you set it up as a regular google account? And the patch installed first? Can you post a log from lumberjack?
    yep, regular account, patch in first, here's what Lumberjack shows:
    [2011-09-15 20:03:48] (status) --->>.: 200
    lines like that as far as I can see.
    That's good. 200 is the correct response. It means the google sync is going as it should. Just let it go. I guess you have a lot events.
    still syncing, now seeing in the log:
    [2011-09-16 01:14:26] (ls-hubd) user.crit: ERROR: "org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "com.palm.service.calendar.google" (requester pid: 11948, requester exe: "/bin/node" requester cmdline: "com.palm.service.calendar.google.jsjsjs /$usr$/$share$/$ls2$&$quot$;)
    Now back to:
    [2011-09-16 01:25:45] (status) --->>.: 200
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast