1.    #1  
    Sorry for such a broad question, but there is something I don't understand.

If I use a regular PC browser to get my work email, I do the following

1) hit URL
    2) enter a username and RSA securid token (this redirects me to another page)
    3) enter my mailbox username
    4) enter my mailbox password

If I use the mail app on webos (1.4.5) I just need to set it up with the information used in (1), (3) and (4) above.

How does it bypass the need to enter a securid token when both methods appear to go to https://email.mycompany.com/OWA ?

Thanks

edit -
    I think I found the answer... it appears that EAS (Exchange Active Sync) is a proprietary protocol that webos is licensed to use.

Unless someone tells me I'm high, I'll mark this as solved in a day or so
    Last edited by oliver_cfc; 08/24/2011 at 08:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver_cfc View Post
    I think I found the answer... it appears that EAS (Exchange Active Sync) is a proprietary protocol that webos is licensed to use.
    If your're interested in setting up a server with EAS, you might try Zarafa with z-push. z-push does the EAS part and it works great with my Palm Pre- and my Touchpad. At home and in the office.

You should have some GNU/Linux knowledge, though...
  3.    #3  
    interesting... thanks!

I'm using Arch linux right now so that isn't a problem. I'll have a play around with it
    Quote Originally Posted by metaphor_set View Post
    If your're interested in setting up a server with EAS, you might try Zarafa with z-push. z-push does the EAS part and it works great with my Palm Pre- and my Touchpad. At home and in the office.

You should have some GNU/Linux knowledge, though...
    Is there any EASY to follow up tutorial or beginner's page?

I want to set up zarafa as a personal contact/calendar manager available only through my home lan.
    where can I find more info on zarafa?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    What do you think about typing the word in a google search box????