Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NicholsonToGo
  1.    #1  
    With HP killing off webOS devices has anyone heard anything about iCloud support. I already use MobileMe for syncing between my mac and iphone a and I really hope I will be able to use icloud with my touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraZyP View Post
    With HP killing off webOS devices has anyone heard anything about iCloud support. I already use MobileMe for syncing between my mac and iphone a and I really hope I will be able to use icloud with my touchpad.
    Hi! Welcome to the forums!

I also have done the switch too. Just add your MobileMe account in the account settings. Your iCloud account should function as a MobileMe. But that's fine. I hope this helps!
    I've been getting pretty consistent errors on my TouchPad ever since switching from MoblieMe to iCloud. Although the TouchPad will let me receive my email, I keep getting an error message that says I should check my login and password. They're still the same but the message is odd. Anyone else seeing similar issues?
    I've only been having issues the last couple of days, but it's annoying. No matter what i try, i can't send emails from my iCloud account via my TouchPad or Pre3. I can receive them just fine. I think it's to do with the smtp server settings, but not even the official ones on Apple's website work... :S
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    My friends with iOS devices are having the same issues. I think it's the service not the TouchPad. Probably being overloaded with all the new users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    My friends with iOS devices are having the same issues. I think it's the service not the TouchPad. Probably being overloaded with all the new users.
    I don't think so. Since moving to iCloud, my iPhone, iPad and Mac have no trouble sending or receiving email at my MobileMe/iCloud account. I've had no trouble since day one. But I now can neither send nor receive email from this account on my TouchPad
    I've never even been able to configure my MobileMe account on my Touchpad, it just says "incorrect password".
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I used information on this page ( [TUTORIAL] Add native iCloud (IMAP, CardDAV,… | Windows Phone 8 | XDA Forums ) to get my mail on my HP Veer.

The relevant information being:
    IMAP: Incoming email server to "imap.mail.me.com" port 993
    User Name, enter your iCloud user name for the password enter your password.

Outgoing email server to "smtp.mail.me.com" port 587
    make sure "Outgoing server requires authentication" is checked

Now, someone figure out how to sync my iCloud contacts!
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicholsonToGo View Post
    I used information on this page ( [TUTORIAL] Add native iCloud (IMAP, CardDAV,€ | Windows Phone 8 | XDA Forums ) to get my mail on my HP Veer.
    (...)
    Now, someone figure out how to sync my iCloud contacts!
    What you need is a CardDAV synergy connector.

Like this: C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud ;-)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/13/2014 at 09:38 AM.