Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I've got an Outlook/Exchange Calendar sync issue that is beyond annoying. Iíve basically stopped using my Outlook calendar since it wonít sync with any of my past 3 phones (Pre, Blackberry, Android EVO). The issue is somehow not with the phones since they all sync Outlook Mail, Contacts and even Tasks without issue, but I can't figure out this Calendar issue.

Once again, Iíve deleted all items from my calendar, so itís now blank. However, on my laptop (Windows 7), when I switch between Mail, Contacts, Tasks and Calendar in Outlook, there is a significant hang when switching to Calendar from any other function - like >30 seconds each time. The blue circle runs during the delay then and only then, so something is going on with my Calendar. Switching between Mail, Contacts and Tasks is fast and normal. This is why my phones wonít sync Calendar, but they sync Contacts and Mail without issue (Windows Mobile, Blackberry, Android EVO all had the same calendar sync issue). Earlier, I found that by listing Calendar items line by line using the View "By Category" menu option that it was repeating a handful of items hundreds of times, but that hasnít been happening lately. I also limited any repeating Calendar item to no longer than 24 months, which seemed to help for a few weeks, but now it won't sync again.

I canít find anything else to do to Ďresetí just my Calendar function in Outlook. Everything is deleted, but it still obviously doesnít work correctly and I travel for work a lot, so it's incredibly annoying. My IT dept can't figure out what's going on either.

Anyone have ideas?
    Much appreciated.
    dtreo

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    sounds like you need to archive most of your calendar... if that's not practical, create an local folder in outlook and MOVE your calendar history to that. Outlook has a really hard time with huge amounts of data.

I would also suggest that you change your recurring appointments to expire within the current calendar year for some testing. I suspect that you will want to change them to "no expiration" rather than setting a date out so long in to the the future.

You should also start with only standard views for your calendar, and not use list views until you've had a chance to get things to sync successfully. I was able to sync with Exchange on my Pre Plus in my last job. Unfortunately I don't have access to an Exchange server in my current job, so I can only provide suggestions from memory. There are several members that are Exchange Administrators that will hopefully pop in and help.

But if you start with the changes suggested above, that will keep you occupied for a while.

Also, set up a calendar in gmail so you can be sure that your phone is syncing with that - to make sure that you can sync to a known entity.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    sounds like you need to archive most of your calendar... if that's not practical, create an local folder in outlook and MOVE your calendar history to that. Outlook has a really hard time with huge amounts of data.

I would also suggest that you change your recurring appointments to expire within the current calendar year for some testing. I suspect that you will want to change them to "no expiration" rather than setting a date out so long in to the the future.

You should also start with only standard views for your calendar, and not use list views until you've had a chance to get things to sync successfully. I was able to sync with Exchange on my Pre Plus in my last job. Unfortunately I don't have access to an Exchange server in my current job, so I can only provide suggestions from memory. There are several members that are Exchange Administrators that will hopefully pop in and help.

But if you start with the changes suggested above, that will keep you occupied for a while.

Also, set up a calendar in gmail so you can be sure that your phone is syncing with that - to make sure that you can sync to a known entity.
    Thanks for the ideas, but I have already addressed those areas.
    I can't archive my calendar now since I deleted all calendar items (I exported them by pst file before deleting everything) and there is nothing to archive.
    The recurring appts were an issue that I read about beyond 2 years, so I had made all recurring appts to be within that time, but still no luck.
    I only used the list view to see everythjng in detail before the delete, but I normally use the standard month view. All views lag the same amount of time.
    My gmail calendar syncs just fine. The problem with Outlook Calendar sync happens with or without gmail syncing on my phone. The Outlook issue is on both laptop and phone, so not just a phone issue.

Anything else?
    Thank you.
    dtreo