Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I had synced my Yahoo and it was working fine. Since June 17 I'm not getting any new e-mails. I can send mails without any problems and I'm not getting any error messages when I check for e-mails.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled my Yahoo account twice but the same thing happens.
    The problem exists both under 3G and wifi connection.
    Any ideas?
    Do you have it set up as getting mail "as it arrives" or some other time interval like 5 min or 30 min or every hour, etc? Yahoo mail has always been kind of flaky for me as well. Sometimes I have a bunch of email that won't arrive until I hit the refresh button, and I have mine on getting mail "as it arrives" too.
    I have had this problem off and on. I got it going again today, by removing my yahoo account from the Pre2. Then logging into the yahoo web mail, going to my account settings, then manage app and web connections. I removed all of the connectors there. There was 1 from Palm synergy and 1 from webos.

After I put the account back on the Pre2. I got the new messages.

I have had problems ever since Yahoo went to the new mail format. One weird thing is that if I have the yahoo web mail open on my desktop, I won't get any new email on the Pre2 until I log out of the desktop. And any messages I received while logged in via the desktop, will not show up on the Pre2.

Hopefully I won't have to do it again.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies. The first thing I thought was what un_designer said. By default when re-installing Yahoo I got the "get email: as received" so I changed it. Nothing happened again.
    I then followed frantid's advice. Only in my case I don't get anything in manage app and web connections.
    Maybe that's the problem? What is it supposed to say?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    It's a miracle I tell thee...

After 2-3 times removing and adding again the account I just left it there. Suddenly the next morning it started working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Thanks for the replies. The first thing I thought was what un_designer said. By default when re-installing Yahoo I got the "get email: as received" so I changed it. Nothing happened again.
    I then followed frantid's advice. Only in my case I don't get anything in manage app and web connections.
    Maybe that's the problem? What is it supposed to say?
    Mine has 2 listings, they were recreated after I added the account on the Pre2:

Palm Synergy -- it says it is for access to contacts

Yahoo! Mail, IM and Calendar for Palm devices - it say so you can access on Palm Mobile devices.

My mail has been going ok -- knock on wood. I also went into my Yahoo trash mailbox on the Pre2 - It never empties it, it seems. I just used the menu option to "empty trash".

I don't know what made it work exactly, just glad it does.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I am trying to delete my Yahoo email and it will not fully delete. I had to delete my contacts account and calendar account to finally get it to work. Now, I cannot add the account back with a "Unable to connect to the mail server" error. Argh!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I always delete them from the "Accounts" thingy and not from each one seperately (calendar, mail, contacts etc.).
    Maybe you have yahoo still under accounts?
    Unfortunately, I cannot find "Accounts" listed on the phone anymore. Sounds like I may have a larger issue than I thought.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Do you mean you cannot find the "app" Accounts or you don't find any accounts listed in Accounts?
    If it is the latter then a couple of restarts should do it.
    If it is the former it sure doesn't look good. Search the P/C forums, maybe someone has a solution, but doctoring could be your only solution.
    It is the former, unfortunately.
    You can manually sign up yahoo mail account:
    1 .- Add new mail account (not yahoo account)
    2 .- Server configuration:

Account type: IMAP

Incoming Server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: your email, but without "@yahoo.com", only the first part.
    Password: your password.
    Encryption: SSL
    Port: 993

Outgoing Server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use Authentication: if
    Username: your email
    Password: your password.
    Encryption: SSL
    Port: 465
    OP, did you ever fix your issue? I have a TouchPad. Had Synergy setup to sync Yahoo mail and it was working. All of a sudden, it won't sync mail since Tuesday. Wondering if it had anything to do with the 3.0.2 update but it sounds like this may be more of a basic Synergy issue?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Yes, the problem was solved but I can't tell you a solution.
    I just removed and re-added the account 2-3 times, got frustrated because I couldn't get any emails and then the next morning it started working again.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Not sure if this question belongs here: I got a new Pre 2 and had the empty cookies error when adding the Yahoo email account, but eventually made it work with cpeinado's set up settings. So now things are mostly ok - although whenever I try to email a photo from the camera app, the email just gets stuck in the Outbox and won't finish sending. Plain tex emails send fine with no problems though.

Does anybody else also experience this behaviour? Also, is there a way to delete messages from your Outbox if they are not sending? Thanks.
    Last edited by joz292; 08/11/2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Typo
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Oops I think I found the answer, just go into the message and delete! Now I feel stupid haha